how do player stars in 2017 work?

ShipyardsShipyards Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
basically are star ratings static? in that whatever star rating that player is, is what they'll be forever no matter how much i improve them with cash/exp

or are star ratings dynamic? do they change with experience (using them in games), by improving them with cash/exp. or other means?

if i have a 3 star matt carpenter, does that mean there is a 4 star matt carpenter out there as well? and a 5 star too? 

thanks

Comments

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    The star ratings don't go up or down.  The attributes obviously go up as you continue to upgrade, but the stars are pretty much there to show that when upgraded they'll definitely be better than those with lower ratings, so those are the guys you really wanna improve.
  • ShipyardsShipyards Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    edited April 2017
    Ok, cool.. so then i don't want to waste my exp/cash on lower star players.. because they obviously won't be as good as higher star players once they are maxed out right?
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    You play how you want.  If you only care about stats, then yes I guess?  We all have a certain attachment to certain players, so it depends.
  • BlackAngelBlackAngel Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Shipyards - Yes. Don't waste money on lower star guys. Upgrade your team upgrades first, and then focus on 4-star and higher players to upgrade.
  • ShipyardsShipyards Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    thanks for the replies, i think im getting the hang of it a bit.. learning here and there.. being in a club sure helps with cash flow thats for sure. been improving some of my higher star players.. can feel the team getting stronger.. just have to get me some pitchers..

thanks!
  • slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    I just recently moved up to Silver Tier, but when I get (seemingly) better stat Silver players, the game doesn't automatically put them in the lineup.  The silver player may have lower stars than a bronze guy, but his ratings are better, so I manually put them in.

Am I correct thinking that the ratings are more important and that a two-star silver guy is better than a 3-star bronze guy (who has lower stats)?

It depends on how you set them, actual vs. potential.