Options

Advice about getting promoted

victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
Looking for some advice, is this like 2016 where getting promoted is a terrible idea because the teams just get harder?  I've promoted myself to the last bronze level, and figure I shouldn't go up to silver because I'd play better teams.  However, almost every team I am matched up with even in the intro tourney drastically outranks me and I lose probably about 75% of games anyway, so I am starting to figure what do I have to lose by getting promoted for the rewards?  On the other hand, I guess I could lose 95% of my games instead of 75%, the matchup system in this game seems a lot worse than '16, or they're just trying to get you to spend tons of money I guess.

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I would move up. I was having the same problem at silver and decided to take the plunge. Things were great at first, but have gotten progressively tougher as I elevate through the various gold levels. 

The biggest issue in the game is matchups with teams you cannot beat from higher tiers.  The problem doesn't resolve itself as you move up, but it does loosen up a bit at the gold level. Just make sure you have the EXP, cash and gold to max out your team. 
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Move up.  In 2016, people "sandbagged" so their prime games would essentially be easier.  Not the case anymore.  If you move up, you also unlock more and more content.
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Move up.  In 2016, people "sandbagged" so their prime games would essentially be easier.  Not the case anymore.  If you move up, you also unlock more and more content.
    What about the "Sandbagging" Glu have been doing when it comes to the price of gold, and customer service? Moving up just equals more money for your greedy company right? Otherwise why you guys ACTIVELY make this the case? As I remember I still spent money on gold every weekend participating in prime events, so what if i decide not to move up? You still got the money,let's say that one likes playing in the "Minor Leagues" is it now a crime to not rank up? I assume things get expensive AF the higher u go. So I will be hacking, I'm done with this greedy scam.Wasted a ton of money last year, and u guys done NOTHING about the blatant script hacking, why? Because others were spending real gold trying to compete. Screw club events this time,once i unlock a diamond teir club my curiousity will have been quenched and then i can Sandbag this app for another 12months
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Yes.  '16 you could sandbag to make it easier.  
    Im not looking for challenges and tough compitition.  I "sandbagged" because if you didnt youd lose a ton.  I play games to have fun.  Losing isnt fun.  Being overwelmed is not fun.  Being "David" against a sea of Goliaths is NOT fun.

My biggest beef with '17 is everything i do to make my team better has repercutions as it seemingly just makes my opponent tougher.  Im ok being a big fish in a small pond. Im not ok losing every other game because its more fair.
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    So I moved up.  It didn't make anything worse it seems but it also didn't make anything better, still lose a bunch.  I got better players and it's more interesting to be able to do that, but the teams I guess got tougher.  It's hard to tell now.  The better players I got seem to be performing about the same as the old ones.  It kinda seems like stats don't matter and a bunch of random crap just happens no matter what players you have or what level you're at.