Opponent's division?

AbandonedBarnsAbandonedBarns Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
Is there not a way to determine your opponent's team division, as there was in 2016 or am I just not seeing it? e.g. if you only wanted to choose "rematch" for teams in your division. 

Comments

• BlackAngelBlackAngel Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I put this in the "Suggestions and Feedback" area. You can only see when games are ongoing, but not at rematch.
  • AbandonedBarnsAbandonedBarns Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I put this in the "Suggestions and Feedback" area. You can only see when games are ongoing, but not at rematch.
    I don't even see how to do that. 
  • Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    In '16 you could whoop teams in your level but whom are not as advanced.  In 17 it feels like you are matched against teams your superior or equal regardless of level.

My point? Knowing the divistion makes no difference to who your playing
    1001 said:
    In '16 you could whoop teams in your level but whom are not as advanced.  In 17 it feels like you are matched against teams your superior or equal regardless of level.

I just would like to know so that I can concentrate on playing teams that will help me advance by representing potential division wins. This seems especially important until they can fix the games not expiring bug. 
    edited April 2017
    Every "Match Me" and "Tournament" win counts as as "Division" win.

But be warned, each time you beat a "Playoff" the game gets a little tougher.  Not only for the competition you face, but for the actual game play.  A  hitter can bat .350 in the lower levels and .300 two levels up.  I chose to not win Playoffs and keep lower class players competitive.  But that stategy comes at a cost, as the higher the division, the better the rewards.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    1001 said:
    Every "Match Me" and "Tournament" win counts as as "Division" win.

But be warned, each time you beat a "Playoff" the game gets a little tougher.  Not only for the competition you face, but for the actual game play.  A  hitter can bat .350 in the lower levels and .300 two levels up.  I chose to not win Playoffs and keep lower class players competitive.  But that stategy comes at a cost, as the higher the division, the better the rewards.
    I wish I had stayed at Silver.  Now I have a completely capped out gold team (5 star team).  But I can't put together anything more than a 5 game streak on weekends, lose almost every tourney to a platinum team, and usually get Bonus game and Match Me matchups with platinum teams too.  I literally cannot beat a platinum team, so why would I have to play them regularly?  It's getting to the point where I can really only play during events, because then my matchups are (mostly) palatable.  They just let you play within your own division. 

This version is worse the '16.  In 16 you got martched against teams of equal level.  Now every team i play has a advantage on every means.  

weekend events are an excersise in futility as i struggle to 10000 points in 3 days.
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    1001 said:

I just would like to know so that I can concentrate on playing teams that will help me advance by representing potential division wins. This seems especially important until they can fix the games not expiring bug. 
    If you have an idle game. Start ANOTHER game with that team, click "resign" in top right. Then "block" in top right. block the team and both your new game and the old idle game are gone.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    1001 said:
    This version is worse the '16.  In 16 you got martched against teams of equal level.  Now every team i play has a advantage on every means.  

weekend events are an excersise in futility as i struggle to 10000 points in 3 days.
    Yeah, it's kinda a dick move by Glu! They're showing themselves more and more to be a "if you want to play, you have to pay" kind of company. I hope they're content with only keeping the guys who can afford to shell out $50/week in order to maintain a winning record as fans, because I for one am rapidly loosing interest. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It's absurd that glu has chosen to match you up with opponents from any level in this game. I'm now taking on teams that have higher upgrades that I can't even buy if I want to without leveling up. I struggle to win games despite substantially improving my team this week. It's not fun. Glu always seems to create a new problem when trying to deal with complaints from the previous game. People complained about players hanging back at the low levels in 14 and 15 so they put auto-level up in 16 and everyone hated that. So now it's just we'll match you up with an opponent of our choice so good luck. There is no point in even having divisions now. I submitted a support request on this issue and I got a very generic response that said developers are working on matchups. My guess is they'll come up with a "fix" and a new set of problems except it will be in Tap 2018.