Options

So are you just perpetually the lower ranked team?

victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
I've tried getting promoted, I've tried holding back from getting promoted.  More or less, in any bonus or tournament game I am ALWAYS the lower ranked team, sometimes just slightly, sometimes by a lot.  In prime games sometimes I'm a little higher to a little lower.  What I don't get is, no matter what division I'm in, or how much I upgrade, this is always true.  When I started in silver, I played the silver tournament, and was always slightly to moderately lower ranked.  Now, after being in silver for a long time, getting better players, and upgrading them a decent amount, I play that same silver tournament and am always slightly to moderately lower ranked.  Same thing when I was in bronze, no matter what level.

Now I get that the point of the game is to make money, but in the older versions the rigging of the game was much more subtle.  I don't understand the strategy of the blatant, throw-it-in-your-face rigged nature of this version.  Wouldn't that discourage people to spend money?  Because I know personally, that I could spend $1,000 on this game today upgrading my team and the very next tournament I played I'd still be slightly to moderately lower ranked than every team.  Have people not figured this out and are actually spending money?  I can't see how this approach works to make a game successful.

Comments

• Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    If we go by what Glu value the gold at I can say that i have opened well over $20000 worth of boxes and can safely say without question that the game IS a scam, I once opened 390 gold boxes in quick succession worth 1100 gold a pop, ($10) give or take. Glu you guys need to stop scamming people, I and others like myself know the truth, the fact is even spending REAL money doesn't guarantee you ANYTHING on this scam, I have sat there and opened over 150 number1 drafts only to get the same pool of players over and over and over again, getting I think 2 5star players out of 150 opens wow, I used to spend money on previous versions but NEVER AGAIN. My advice would be to find a way of doing what i do and save your money people. Because you will have to spend thousands upon thousands to even get a team that is worth keeping. Unless u stack an all diamond player team from the get go, ALL of your upgrads and sh1t are a complete money dump, as you will trade most of them away by the time you hit gold tier. I am sure this whole years game is just a way of supplementing Kim Kardashians ass implants.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Yeah, very frustrating. I don't mind that they want to prevent teams from parking at lower levels, but making the game harder by matching you up against teams you can never in a million years beat is beyond aggravating. When you pay 10k to enter a tourney and then get a first round matchup with a higher tier team...you aren't literally just throwing away money. 
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Yeah, very frustrating. I don't mind that they want to prevent teams from parking at lower levels, but making the game harder by matching you up against teams you can never in a million years beat is beyond aggravating. When you pay 10k to enter a tourney and then get a first round matchup with a higher tier team...you aren't literally just throwing away money. 
  • Options
    I mean, there should be some kind of variety of opponents within a certain tier.  But you're just always worse than who you play.  Why would anyone even try to get better if you instantly play better teams after even the slightest of upgrades?
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
     This is the single worst part of this game right now.  If im equal or slightly lesser, in get excited because there is a chance to win.  I have a few teams.  A bronze team i sand bagged like '16 and a silver team that would put most allstars to shame and inhave near identical records.  The squad i use and the level im at hold no advantage.  
    Im on 3 teams atm.  And i think my next one is back on '16.  Where i knew what to do to win.
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I'm starting to think that Glu's plan was just to take people's money until players figure out that improving their team only makes their opponents better. It could be that in previous editions of the game the most money was made off of new players that had just downloaded the game. I could easily see newbies lose games and think I gotta make my team better so I'll buy some gold and get better. Then they do and it's wait- why am I still losing all the time? Anyone with a half a brain will quit spending money on this game as soon as they figure out that improving your team just guarantees that you will be overmatched in every single game you play.
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    My team must be the higher ranked team everyone complains about facing, because I've had the exact opposite experience. My team pretty much always greatly outranks my opponent in bonus games, prime games, and tournaments. For example, my SP tends to be 20-30 points higher overall than their's. My current winning streak is now over 40 games and it's rarely close. I guess I won't complain, although the odd close game is fun. Although I feel now that when I do lose it's so much more disappointing because of how rare it is. No idea how ppl can have such vastly different experiences, but it sure is interesting how much variation there is on this issue.
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    It all depends on what players you have on your team. The guys complaining just have bad players on their team. Get better players.
  • Options
    I mean that's not accurate because as I said in the original post I got better players and my opponents just got better to stay the exact same amount better than me.
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    edited April 2017
    It all depends on what players you have on your team. The guys complaining just have bad players on their team. Get better players.
    Thanks genius! I wish i had thought of this revolutionary idea of "getting better players" Such fantastic and well thought out advice, you must have been in the think tank a good while to come up with this.You have obviously been playing this game for years, and have a full understanding of the issues some of the regs have been experiencing. Dang! Get better players.......It's genius, why didn't I think of that?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    So did you have other advice? Or are you just trying to be funny guy? Because I honestly missed where you contributed anything to help fix his problem. 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I mean that's not accurate because as I said in the original post I got better players and my opponents just got better to stay the exact same amount better than me.

Im very rarely outranked. Best I can tell you is dont race for the promotions, but move up at a slow steady pace. Make sure you take care of upgrading your pitchers as much as, if not more than batters. Also offensive and defensive upgrades. 

• Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I never said what kind of team I had so mighty mouse doesn't know. The get better players advice would work in Tap 2014-2016 but all getting better players does in this game is make your opponents better.