newgodnewgod Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
the game is over inflated the world is going to crap give people a break 

Comments

• Options
    smc27smc27 Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    this made me lol
  • Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    But if they lower the price of gold, people might stop cheating.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    But if they lower the price of gold, people might stop cheating.
    It definitely would, I'd be happy to pay a sensible amount for gold and support Glu.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

I spent $9.99 on one of the investments, which has worked out for me in conjunction with doing a lot of free offers and earning the in-game achievements (the ones that work, anyway).  But when my current savings are spent, there is no way I'm spending 100 bucks on 10K of gold.  And 10K of gold is a drop in the bucket compared to what it costs to get to diamond.  Realistically, to have a competitive diamond team, you probably need to spend at least $500 and do a ton of free offers.  That's just crazy for any app, IMO.

I'd be very surprised if anyone with a maxed out diamond team did it with no cheating at all.  Shocked, actually. 

• Options
    KiLLaKeiTHKiLLaKeiTH Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    By the time you got around to getting to Diamond or if you some how made it without cheating...and you wanted to level up...you would be wasting your time since there will be the 2018 version out there.  My guess.  Do what you can, enjoy the game...don't spend too much if anything...and go outside every once in a while.  :wink:
  • Options
    Local150Local150 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    I said it before and say it again!  Make the mountain of gold only $2.99!!  And 75% of people would buy it instead of the 1% buying the $99.99 one!!!   JMO
  • Options
    They will never lower the pricing, most games are structured with this pricing scheme and people have no problem shelling out thousands of dollars...   The best you can lobby for is either getting more gold at each price point or lower in game values.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    smc27 said:
    They will never lower the pricing, most games are structured with this pricing scheme and people have no problem shelling out thousands of dollars...   The best you can lobby for is either getting more gold at each price point or lower in game values.

You really think people spend thousands of dollars on a phone app?  This a good, addictive game, but that's crazy.
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    smc27 said:

You really think people spend thousands of dollars on a phone app?  This a good, addictive game, but that's crazy.
    Yes it is crazy but people DO spend money on these games, if you really thought about it even a few thousand wouldn't get you a completely stacked team. And some people just have more money than others, I don't think it's THAT crazy. I think it's pretty disgusting that a so called "free" game would ever let anyone spend anywhere near that amount but that's probably a topic for another day.
  • Options
    Metsicans said:

I don't think, I know.  I can't say for certain in this game, but I'd bet people have spent spent 1000s easily... and probably not on purpose or at one time.  I play a game where people in my guild spend 1000s of dollars at a time.  Some people can afford it, some people outspend their means and that's the sad part.   Check out this article, it's 7 years old but still relevant..  http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Actually read that whole article, it's pretty interesting.
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    smc 27 said:
    Metsicans said:

I don't think, I know.  I can't say for certain in this game, but I'd bet people have spent spent 1000s easily... and probably not on purpose or at one time.  I play a game where people in my guild spend 1000s of dollars at a time.  Some people can afford it, some people outspend their means and that's the sad part.   Check out this article, it's 7 years old but still relevant..  http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html
    This (the variable random rewards part) actually seems to really well explain Fyber's apparent business model of only rewarding you for a random fraction of the offers you complete.
  • Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Fyber only rewards you on a fraction of the offers, AND only up to certain reward levels. Have you tried getting the 3,500 gold for completing the Mobile Strike ad? First there is a 2-day "verification" wait time. After that expires and you don't have your reward... which you won't... you have to submit a ticket. Once you do that, they auto-reply back telling you to show proof, I.E. a screenshot. Once you do that, you will NEVER hear from them again.

I've done this with Fyber across several games and the result is the same each and every time. It was only once I hit them up on Twitter and blasted them... they finally responded. It then took another 3 days to get my gold reward... making me wonder if the 3.5k gold that took me about a full week (7 days) to get was even worth it vs. watching video ads. You can get to level 10 or 15 in Mobile Strike in 1 full day if you join the right alliance and move to the right state. But, when it takes 7 more days to get a reward... when you could have gotten the same, if not more, gold by watching videos... it becomes not worth it.

I've gone through this and dealt with Fyber personally... and trust me folks... it is better to just watch the free videos until you hit the Tap Sports limit.