Options

What's your favourite thing about TSB17

StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
I am as guilty AF when it comes to dogging on this game, but I can be reasonable and I have said I do like certain things about this game (otherwise I would "Man up" & quit) (even though quitting doesn't seem very manly but I digress). So with that said I was curious to know what other people actually do like about this game, I would prefer if it didn't turn into a Glu roasting, but I guess it will be what it will be. Maybe a new developer will see this and know what people ACTUALLY LIKE so something good may come from this. Ok so for me I'm loving those camera cuts on the Dingers and just the whole look of the game in general, I think the fielding has improved tremendously aswell.

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to include the live boost when your favourite team is playing an actual live game, that's pretty damn cool AF.
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Honestly, you take away the fact that the better you make your team the harder it is to win, '17 is a decent game.  Mlb being involved, Graphics are a win, the camera cut hr is slick, the dives are neat, and player upgrades are epic...if it actually improved your chances of winning rather then calling on harder challenges.  

'17 could have been the greatest of the bunch...if my win % didnt shift from 75% to 55% as my team improved its pitching staff and found key sluggers.

• Options
    Personally I am not a fan of the upgrade system, I find it's to draining on resources, and what about when players lose form? realistically they should also downgrade form time to time. But that said it seems we are both in agreement about how awesome the game looks. If tap 16 had these graphics I'd be happy with that.
  • Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I admit that I do like the graphics a little better, but that is all. Everything else about the game has been a MAJOR disappointment. From the AI matching up silver level teams with diamond level teams... to me ALWAYS getting the same 10-15 players via the 5-draft pick buy (none of which are EVER a 5-star player. 4.5 star has been the best so far)... the game is just TOO "buy our gold" oriented.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    The graphics are way better, I particularly like the diving plays and walk off homer graphics.  The club donation system and rewards system is a good way to promote club play (although I am still not getting club rewards for some reason). 
  • Options
    MVPDonaldsonMVPDonaldson Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Honestly, the club donation system that allows you to share resources with friends and work towards a goal is the only thing I view as a positive change. The way stats are now makes it impossible to gauge your team, the loading screens take WAY too long (which, lets face it, is due to the new graphics engine) , and as many have stated before, improving your team makes you less likely to win.

If it were up to me, I would take everything about last years game (minus the hackers), add the ability to donate and level up your club, and give the players a ratings overhaul while maintaining the simple 1-10 scaling with prime players and legends. At least last year you could sandbag to improve your chances in the weekend event. 
  • Options
    I would 2nd that
    Honestly, the club donation system that allows you to share resources with friends and work towards a goal is the only thing I view as a positive change. The way stats are now makes it impossible to gauge your team, the loading screens take WAY too long (which, lets face it, is due to the new graphics engine) , and as many have stated before, improving your team makes you less likely to win.

If it were up to me, I would take everything about last years game (minus the hackers), add the ability to donate and level up your club, and give the players a ratings overhaul while maintaining the simple 1-10 scaling with prime players and legends. At least last year you could sandbag to improve your chances in the weekend event. 

• Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Enjoying quality time with my cellmates in jail has been my favorite part.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    MVPDonaldsonMVPDonaldson Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Angels61 said:
    Getting jailed sucks, but if they could catch everyone it might make this game fun again. 
  • Options
    Angels61 said:
    Getting jailed sucks, but if they could catch everyone it might make this game fun again. 
    What about the innocent inmates? My understanding was that there were some wrongful mass jailings during the early stages.But I also agree with your earlier post about a combination of last year's game with a few sprinkled elements from this version would be a pretty good game.
  • Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    What about the innocent inmates? My understanding was that there were some wrongful mass jailings during the early stages.But I also agree with your earlier post about a combination of last year's game with a few sprinkled elements from this version would be a pretty good game.
    pretty much my entire club was jailed at end of beta testing. nobody was cheating. there was no reason to cheat, the game was SUPER easy. EVERY prime game up to about a 50 win streak was against a 1 star pitcher, and the progress rewards were more than triple what they are now. We were winning events, and actually profiting about 1500 gold per week from prime events. The club boxes paid out gold and picks more than they did cash (its almost always cash now) We were earning over 25 #1 picks per week from events, and countless other resources. They changed all of this just prior to the US release, then jailed a large percentage of the teams.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    I play jailed teams all the time at the Silver level. Part of the game... Glu will jail a team, but let them keep playing other teams in tournaments.

• Options
    Take the bonus games from today... Silver "skilled" level, and I am about 3-30 for games today. I am burning through bonus games and losing every single one almost. Rigged... I think so.