this version worse than the previous

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    If you spent $400 on gold and didn't get a 5 star player you didn't spend the gold during fan rewards. You could have gotten at least three 5 stars guaranteed if you did.
  • Mixx MastersMixx Masters Registered Users, Member 189 Posts
    That could be BUT... THE FACT IS ..im not getting out what I put in... and I think GLU is robbing me with these not so random drafts. They so many 1 and 2 star players in the mix and keep recycling them ....
  • Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I'm just about to give up on 17.  Glu made it impossible to sandbag your team, and in doing so removed any and all advantages one can get.  I remember in '16 nailing down a 5 star in the draft and changing your team for the better.  Now there is no difference in win % if you feilded the '16 Cubs or a 1 star softball team.  So whats the point of better players? In fact, i feel i face tougher foes the better my team gets.  I won more as a craptasic squad.  

But i love baseball.  And started a new team in TSB '16.  All of the fun AND a chance to win 4 in a row.

• Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    iTunes will refund your money
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Ok... first... OBVIOUSLY you will face better teams the better you get. If you go from Bronze to Silver... be prepared to face better teams. But... even if you stay in Bronze for instance... I am sure there is an overall rating system for teams within the TSB game itself. If you start with a bunch of 70 rated players, with a team average of say 73, then you should face teams +/- a few points (70-75-ish). Then... say you blow a bunch of gold and get your bronze team to an 83 average... do you really think you will keep facing 70-75 overall averaged rated teams? No... you will move up again and now face 80-85 rated teams.

With that said... I do see the same players over and over again in the 5x 1st round pick buys. I get FAR too many 3* players to make it worth dumping 1,500 gold on them. The only real advantage is the garbage players I get can be traded in to level up my better players. But, again, is it worth 1,500 gold to do it? No... it isn't.

I do think Glu whiffed on 2017, much in the same way Microsoft whiffed on Windows 8. They took on MLB as a headline name... and in doing so let $$$ run the game. MLB has to be paid... so Glu just tweaked the game engine to make it impossible to win unless you are a true wallet warrior or cheater. It's sad that Glu is more worried about sinking their hooks into the 1% that are "whales" (spend endless $$$), instead of lowering prices and widening their market to the 99% who will spend moderately.
  • MVPDonaldsonMVPDonaldson Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Ok... first... OBVIOUSLY you will face better teams the better you get. If you go from Bronze to Silver... be prepared to face better teams. But... even if you stay in Bronze for instance... I am sure there is an overall rating system for teams within the TSB game itself. If you start with a bunch of 70 rated players, with a team average of say 73, then you should face teams +/- a few points (70-75-ish). Then... say you blow a bunch of gold and get your bronze team to an 83 average... do you really think you will keep facing 70-75 overall averaged rated teams? No... you will move up again and now face 80-85 rated teams.

With that said... I do see the same players over and over again in the 5x 1st round pick buys. I get FAR too many 3* players to make it worth dumping 1,500 gold on them. The only real advantage is the garbage players I get can be traded in to level up my better players. But, again, is it worth 1,500 gold to do it? No... it isn't.

I do think Glu whiffed on 2017, much in the same way Microsoft whiffed on Windows 8. They took on MLB as a headline name... and in doing so let $$$ run the game. MLB has to be paid... so Glu just tweaked the game engine to make it impossible to win unless you are a true wallet warrior or cheater. It's sad that Glu is more worried about sinking their hooks into the 1% that are "whales" (spend endless $$$), instead of lowering prices and widening their market to the 99% who will spend moderately.

Totally agree, except for the point about upgrading your team. If we take your example, after I spend a bunch of gold upgrading my team, but haven't actually gone up a division, then yes I would expect to play easier teams. 

Upgrading your team shouldn't improve the quality of player you face, getting promoted to the next division should.
    I think it goes by wins. I had a level 2 bronze team (currently serving life in jail) which I built up to a 5 star team with every player at level 10 and team upgrades maxed out. games were VERY easy and I was putting up 30-40 game win streaks in prime events without using any batting boosts. The games got a little harder with each event until eventually becoming un-winnable, while the ONLY thing that had changed was my teams number of wins. I think the more games you win, the harder the opponents get. this is GLU's way of preventing sandbagging and making you level up. If I knew anything about hacking, I would be looking for a way to erase my teams wins, and would stay in the bronze tier.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    The wins thing could be it too... or a combination of overall team average and wins.
    The wins thing could be it too... or a combination of overall team average and wins.

like I said. my overall average was 5 star. ALL 5 STAR PLAYERS. I built the team up without playing games. the games only got harder as my win count went up. I was putting up 40 win streaks against 1 star pitchers. my team average did not bring harder competition.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    I didn't mean star... I meant a player's overall rating. I.E. 65, 85, 105, etc.

right. but all of my players were 5 star, and levelled up to level 10. so there ratings were VERY HIGH. you cant get much better
    Trevor
    Angels61
    Just today alone... I am like 2-18 in my last 20 games. I am a silver "adept" level team... facing EXTREMELY lopsided opponents. I am getting smoked like a Thanksgiving turkey... just blowing cash for tournaments that cost 8k per try, but pay out $1,800 more times than not for a 4-game win.

What business sense does it make to spend 8k to make 1.8 k? You just lost 6.2k for what?
  • MVPDonaldsonMVPDonaldson Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    I think it goes by wins. I had a level 2 bronze team (currently serving life in jail) which I built up to a 5 star team with every player at level 10 and team upgrades maxed out. games were VERY easy and I was putting up 30-40 game win streaks in prime events without using any batting boosts. The games got a little harder with each event until eventually becoming un-winnable, while the ONLY thing that had changed was my teams number of wins. I think the more games you win, the harder the opponents get. this is GLU's way of preventing sandbagging and making you level up. If I knew anything about hacking, I would be looking for a way to erase my teams wins, and would stay in the bronze tier.
    You are totally right, last year it WAS based on wins to some degree, and I would imagine that would carry over. I guess I think division should be the only thing its based on. That way, if you want to keep going up you can, but if you want to win events you can also sandbag and have a real shot.
    Angels61 said:

right. but all of my players were 5 star, and levelled up to level 10. so there ratings were VERY HIGH. you cant get much better
    How in the holy hell do you get a full team of 5 stars in bronze? Does it explain the jailing?
    gold spending on buying picks.
    1001 said:
    Angels61 said:

How in the holy hell do you get a full team of 5 stars in bronze? Does it explain the jailing?

• BTuck2112BTuck2112 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    4 gold just to send a single chat messge!? Get the f**k outta here lol. Talk about greed! Wow! That's about all you can say is wow. 
    BTuck2112 said:
    4 gold just to send a single chat messge!? Get the f**k outta here lol. Talk about greed! Wow! That's about all you can say is wow. 
    What game are you playing? As far as my tsb 17 is concerned i can chat my hearts desire.
    Ya... I was wondering that too. You might be confused here.
  • StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    He could be a beta tester for that NEW Taylor Swift I just can't wait to get my hands on.But if it's going to cost me 4gold to send a message I may have to stick to playing Kendal & Kyle for a few more months.
    You see that 4 gold in the bottom right? This ain't the Kardashian game but it might as well be niw
    So y'all must have not installed the latest update yet. Let me know when you catch up with the rest of us...
    It's on the very bottom of the "games" screen. It will say tap to chat. That will bring up global chat/team/and private chat screen. 
    Mine doesn't show that... mine says send. Force the game to stop... delete the cache on your game and phone... update the game... reboot your phone.
    The problem is with your phone then, not mine. Everyone in global chat is talking about how stupid it is to spend the 4 gold to chat yet they keep doing it
    I don't know because mine doesn't show that... so I can't say. Seems more like a glitch, but idiots are still spending 4 gold to complain about it.
    gold spending on buying picks.
    1001 said:
    Angels61 said:

all the 5 star players are still available at bronze. why would you want to move up tiers and get killed? i'm doing the same thing with my new team, building it up to 5 star BEFORE I level up. it lets you stay at bronze as long as you want (there is no auto-promotion this year) Its the only strategy that makes any sense to me. levelling players up is also very cheap at the bronze tier, so until ALL of my players are 5 star level 10, I'm not going to silver tier. This should not be reason to jail me.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    Well... I am at the Silver "skilled" tier... so that time has come and gone for me.
    Well... I am at the Silver "skilled" tier... so that time has come and gone for me.
    silver is OK too. stay there a long time..........
    Trevor
    Angels61
    BTuck2112 said:
    You see that 4 gold in the bottom right? This ain't the Kardashian game but it might as well be niw
    Yep...he's right.  I upgraded and agree with his comments.  Total horse crap, however it appears to be a in game replacement for this very free forum.  So its a simple thing to avoid.
    Again... I upgraded and mine doesn't show that. SO... glitch is where I am staying.