New matchmaking is not right

apathynextapathynext Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
hello!  For my first day with the updated app, I've been pretty disappointed with the matchmaking system. I've simulated about 40 bonus games today, and I've been a favorite in just 4 of the games (like a 100-200 point favorite).  

As a silver level 5, I'm regularly getting paired against gold 2 and gold 3s!  That's 4 or 5 levels above me with access to players that I can't get. I've played several opponents today that were 7000+ better than my team. Last week, for the same event, I went about 0.500. My team is better this week, same tier, and I'm getting absolutely destroyed. Please fix this!

Comments

• BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I've been dealing with the same thing... I lose around 7 out of every 10 games now.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Last week I had about 35K in the bonus event, winning 6 or 7 out of 10 games I'd say.  Exact same team, exact same level...and my point total this week is 400, just getting overmatched in every matchup. 

Something changed, and it's not for the better.

I am playing gold level teams every time, while I am a silver level.
  • Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Seriously, wtf is going on. According to the forums, I'm like the only person getting easy matchups in all my matches. Hell, I'm at the 3rd silver division and still occasionally face bronze pitchers. With this new number system, I've been able to determine that I outmatch my opponent typically by like 10,000 points in team strength.
    Here is my latest match-up. Please... SOMEONE... tell me how this is even remotely fair. There is a 16,060 point difference between my team and his. That means his team is just a hair over 46% better than mine.

• Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    what level are you at in the silver tier? every version of this game has matched you up against teams  in higher divisions. if you are in the higher silver divisions, you will be matched against gold teams. I am currently in the LOWEST silver division and haven't faced any gold tier teams. I stay in the lowest division of a tier until i'm ready to move to the next tier, THEN start advancing. I'm not agreeing with GLU's system, but this is the best way I have found to work within it.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    Skilled level... which I think is right before gold.
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts

Skilled level... which I think is right before gold.

that's what I figured. your best plan would be to move up to gold, and stay at the lowest gold division while you build your team. once you get your players upgraded to gold and leveled up, you should be able to compete, and wont likely be facing teams in the platinum division, you will actually get to destroy some teams in the silver division, like whats happening to you now !!!
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • clutzburger22clutzburger22 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Your new upgrades are a joke I'm sorry to say.  First off two days of bonus games two days are unwanted to say the least. All it is is a new way to charge us more $$$$$$.  Then eight out of ten games you face far superior teams and there is no way to win without spending considerable amount of gold.  You have made these changes after we have spent a lot of cash to build a team that by the way is already a lot more money from the 2016 version.  So after spending what we have and now unable to win a game or unable to make a run of more than three of four games without losing in the main events before your changes, even with spending 80 gold of a boost, this version has been nothing but an app that now rips us all off