Special 5-Star draft pick reward for Prime Events

seamusmontanaseamusmontana Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
During this past Prime Event there were particular place winners who would receive the Special  5-Star Draft Pick reward. The same one they are selling for $69.99.  As the Event came to a close I realized I was close to finishing in 100th place.  I monitored my place until the end of the Event, even winning a few games in the last couple of minutes to ensure I finished in 100th place which they showed would be rewarded with this reward. 
I finished tied with anaother player but was awarded with the reward for finishing in 51-99.  I contacted customer service with a screenshot showing my team name with the number 100 beside it. I assumed there was no protocol for ties. 
I received back a nonsense reply about starting the Event early and I therefore would not receive any award. 
Christine from customer service clearly didn't read my email entirely. (I received an award). 
Has anyone else not received this reward from the Prime Events?

Comments

• BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Per BlueLeapord: "It has the same graphic (this will be changed), but it's not a HR slugger.  It's a mystery box that has more 5-star players than other prizes. In addition to buying them when they show up, you can also get them via prime events."

NOW... as for Christine... no... they don't read the tickets very well. My customer service rep is Juan... who does a surprisingly good job at answering my questions. It takes him a week... but I assume they have 10 million customers throughout the Glu gaming community, and probably a center of 100 people answering questions.

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    It's less than 100 unfortunately, plus they're fielding questions for more than just TSB.
    Less than 100... WT MOTHER%&&*$ HELL?!?!? I feel bad for Juan now. I'm going to stop sending him stuff unless it is REALLY an emergency. However... I didn't get my 400 gold bonus when I went from Silver to Gold level... so he has a message waiting for him.
  • fredochinifredochini Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Thanks for the info Ruff. I messaged customer care about the 5-star specialty player that I was due from placing 100th, solo, this past weekend. The other standard rewards were received as normal but no mention of the player. In my prime player box 3/6 players listed are 5 stars. I'm not sure if that's higher than usual but I otherwise have no indication of where that player is. I'm still waiting for a reply. 
  • seamusmontanaseamusmontana Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Christine from customer care came through and awarded me the pick. All that hassle for a 5- star Sean Rodriguez. 

Well... you got the pick... so good job to Christine! But... that is also why I don't do mystery box and single picks. The chances are you WILL be disappointed. I exclusively do the 5x #1 picks because at least I get one "good" player... or I can use 5 players to trade in for XP to level up my actually good players.
  • fredochinifredochini Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Whelp. My patience has run out. 3 responses were all the same telling me to go to compete and select rewards. I explained I had done that and received the other rewards, just not the specialty pick. Now the latest email from Erika is saying the prize was offered when it should not have been and I will not receive it. Annoying. 
    Hey... not any different than when I went from Silver to Gold level, and didn't get the 400 gold reward. Juan then told me that since I had more than 400 gold in my account at the moment, I must have received it, and therefor wouldn't get it again.

Whelp. My patience has run out. 3 responses were all the same telling me to go to compete and select rewards. I explained I had done that and received the other rewards, just not the specialty pick. Now the latest email from Erika is saying the prize was offered when it should not have been and I will not receive it. Annoying.