Options

Matchmaking

bigsilleybigsilley Registered Users, Member 20 Posts

...ok so I've FINALLY got to a place where I don't lose consistently had a .690 win percentage in bonus games yesterday over 162 games, which is maybe a bit above reality, but my entire team is 5* guys so presumably an all-star team would produce better than a regular team. But now EVERY third round match up in a tournament I get a diamond (I am in platinum still) Cleveland Indians team that is 10000 points stronger than mine. Which is unwinnable. I was hoping to stay in platinum because I've spent a lot of money to get here and don't want to mortgage my house to level up in diamond, which I hear is SUPER expensive. But I can't be bothered to have a guaranteed loss every third game. I'm pretty close to walking away at this point. How can you justify forcing people to move up like that? I get it in bronze and silver, maybe even gold but I've played the game...I'm not sand bagging, I've put money in and now I'm stuck.

Comments

• Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Welcome to TSB 2017. The 3rd and 4th games in a tourny are unwinnable for me at the gold level... so platinum and diamond levels have to just be stupid.

The reality is Glu doesn't read these boards, and frankly doesn't care about what you complain about on here. There is a mod that is here to help... but I'd imagine he is like every other mod on a message board... just someone to monitor posts to make sure nobody gets out of line.

The game is more geared towards profit this year than any year before. Of course games are made for profit... but Glu went off the rails this year with MLBPA on board. You played right into their hands by spending so much money to get to platinum. Their hope is you are hooked... and won't be able to handle not winning... so you will continue to dump paycheck after paycheck into the game to try and win. See Mobile Strike, Age of Fire, Clash of Clans, etc.

Be smart... accept that you have maxed out and play for fun. You will NOT progress any further until Glu starts bringing the legend players out like they did in 2016... which will make all previous players worthless if you can fill your team with them.

bigsilley said:

...ok so I've FINALLY got to a place where I don't lose consistently had a .690 win percentage in bonus games yesterday over 162 games, which is maybe a bit above reality, but my entire team is 5* guys so presumably an all-star team would produce better than a regular team. But now EVERY third round match up in a tournament I get a diamond (I am in platinum still) Cleveland Indians team that is 10000 points stronger than mine. Which is unwinnable. I was hoping to stay in platinum because I've spent a lot of money to get here and don't want to mortgage my house to level up in diamond, which I hear is SUPER expensive. But I can't be bothered to have a guaranteed loss every third game. I'm pretty close to walking away at this point. How can you justify forcing people to move up like that? I get it in bronze and silver, maybe even gold but I've played the game...I'm not sand bagging, I've put money in and now I'm stuck.

• Options
    Welcome to TSB 2017. The 3rd and 4th games in a tourny are unwinnable for me at the gold level... so platinum and diamond levels have to just be stupid.

The reality is Glu doesn't read these boards, and frankly doesn't care about what you complain about on here. There is a mod that is here to help... but I'd imagine he is like every other mod on a message board... just someone to monitor posts to make sure nobody gets out of line.

The game is more geared towards profit this year than any year before. Of course games are made for profit... but Glu went off the rails this year with MLBPA on board. You played right into their hands by spending so much money to get to platinum. Their hope is you are hooked... and won't be able to handle not winning... so you will continue to dump paycheck after paycheck into the game to try and win. See Mobile Strike, Age of Fire, Clash of Clans, etc.

Be smart... accept that you have maxed out and play for fun. You will NOT progress any further until Glu starts bringing the legend players out like they did in 2016... which will make all previous players worthless if you can fill your team with them.

bigsilley said:

• Options
    I've actually found blu to quite helpful. He is willing to listen when people are willing to be rational. But you're right about the company pushing to make a lot of money this year.

• Options
    BlueLeapord is helpful... but that is all he is here for. Advice... and to make sure nobody gets out of line. Moderators never have any power with the company or game.

Glu did to TSB 2017 what Microsoft did to Windows when they released Windows 8... just alienated customers, and made them hate their product.
  • Options
    IcehammersIcehammers Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    The bonus games and tourneys are now ****. I am in diamond worked hard to get there and I was doing ok. Now with the update I am now drowning in maxed out glu teams. 
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Diamond level... say hello to high 4-figures in $$$ spent!