Game play

Mikeypet88Mikeypet88 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
I think this game is fun except the fact that all the pitcher has to do is throw a curve ball on the outside or inside part of the plate and there is 0 chance of getting a hit. Plus 90% of my outs are pop outs in the infield. Please at least give some chance that you could put a charge in a ball on the inside or outside part of the plate!

Comments

• Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    yeah, you have to learn to foul those pitches off until you get a hittable one.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Some of those calls are a joke though "getting squeezed" isn't uncommon. I think when the crowd boos a 3rd strike, it's the games way of telling  you that you basically got screwed with some of the calls.
  • Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Yeah, I really don't get the inside pitch = automatic pop up thing. That makes no sense and would be impossible in reality. It's also extremely frustrating. And generally, if a pitcher throws there once, he'll keep throwing there so that you basically get an automatic out with nothing you can do.
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    there's also the curveball that curves away from the batter but catches the outside corner for a strike, even though the batter cannot reach it. this usually happens when you have runners in scoring position and the CPU "decides" that the pitcher is going to get out of a "jam"
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    Angels61 said:
    there's also the curveball that curves away from the batter but catches the outside corner for a strike, even though the batter cannot reach it. this usually happens when you have runners in scoring position and the CPU "decides" that the pitcher is going to get out of a "jam"
    Yes, this too. Although for me it's usually a slider.
  • OceansOceans Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    edited May 2017
    Hey, now you got a clue of how hard it is to hit a 76 mph curve ball. Quit Fn bitching and grow a pair and practice. The best hitters in baseball get a hit 3 out of 10 times. There's no Fn crying in baseball!!!
  • 23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Oceans said:
    Hey, now you got a clue of how hard it is to hit a 76 mph curve ball. Quit Fn bitching and grow a pair and practice. The best hitters in baseball get a hit 3 out of 10 times. There's no Fn crying in baseball!!!
    Thank you!
    edited May 2017
    No, the point is that there are pitches that can't be hit that are still strikes, and when pitchers throw one to a batter, they won't throw any pitches over the plate where you can hit it for the rest of the at bat, basically giving you an automatic out. That's not really how it works in real life either and it's bad gameplay as well.

Oceans said: