Options

Player of the week/month

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Do they keep their stats forever? Also, do you level them up normally like you do with others?
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    No... week/month. I don't try for them as you waste more gold than it is worth trying to get them. I've seen people say they get them on the first try... and I've seen people with as many as 20and 30 tries saying they still didn't get them. It is COMPLETELY random.

I'll take that same gold and put it into 5x #1 multi-picks and use the extra players to power up my better players via exp.
  • Options
    Thanks Ruff. I appreciate how active and helpful you are on the forums. 
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    After the week is over they remain 5 stars, but their numbers are of course reduced. I've only ever gotten the lower overall player. His numbers will be typical for a 4.5 star player once the week is over. The top guy will be more like a typical 5 star once he's no longer active, I believe. I've bought 6 boxes, 5 times it was the #2 player and once it was franchise coins. So seems heavily weighted towards that second guy.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I've gotten a mystery box maybe 2 times through 2016 and 2017. If you look at the possible things to get, you have what... 10% chance of getting the top guy? The 2nd guy may be ok... but at the gold level, you are guaranteed a 4.5* player in the 5x multi-pick. Sure... the other 4 guys will be garbage more times than not... but you can feed them for EXP to level up your real starters.

In a mystery box... you spend 1,500 gold to get 10k in cash? 2x Franchise coins? A single 4.5* player? Naw... it isn't worth it. For the SAME price, I get a 4.5* player, and 4 additional players of unknown level... maybe another 4* player... maybe I get a 5* player instead of the 4.5*... who knows. BUT... I get 4 players to feed for EXP no matter what.

Glu is OBVIOUSLY crazy this year... so nothing they do makes sense. Look at the special player sales they have going on. A single slugger for $60-$70 dollars... while saying they are 70% off for 30 minutes only. Where do you buy a single player for $233.00? That is what they claim the player would NORMALLY cost, and they are discounting him 70% off. Where is THAT draft pick or mystery box at?  
  • Options
    WannaSmashKellyNashWannaSmashKellyNash Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    POTW boxes are nice if you look at the other rewards. At worst you get 2500 xp. For 1100 gold that's not too good but not as bad as like $25k cash. I find franchise coins come in handy (at least half the time - depending on available players) so those are your next rewards (up to 5 coins) after xp. Then you got multiple draft picks (including 3X #1 as an award and 11X 1st rnd as another award - I think there's another draft pick award in there too) and then of course at the top you have your 2 POTW & even though they are only boosted for a week you still end up with a 5* if u get one.

so all in all for 1100 gold, it's not bad due to decent secondary rewards if you don't get a POTW - in my opinion.

with that said, I've bought 3 of them.

The 1st one I bought I got 11X 1st rnd picks. Only got 1 player that made the cut out of them in Jay Bruce but I also ended up with about 7500 exp too.. So that box to me was worth the 1100 gold.

Today I just bought 2 more. 1st one I got lowest possible - 2500 exp. Bought 1 more and got Jake Lamb. So to me anyway, they are worth it. 
  • Options
    I bought 3x of the prime boxes tonight... got Jason Kipnis x2, and some 4* pitcher that I traded back in. Worth it... eh... Kipnis is a sub with a 5* Segura at 2b for me.
  • Options
    I bought 3x of the prime boxes tonight... got Jason Kipnis x2, and some 4* pitcher that I traded back in. Worth it... eh... Kipnis is a sub with a 5* Segura at 2b for me.
    Have your changed your stance on the prime boxes? Fortunately for me, I haven't had any trouble watching ads and I'm racking up a considerable amount of gold. The 5 pack draft picks have been awful for me so I'm considering boxes now. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Lester and Blackmon may be more tempting than Mauer tbh. Hmm...
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Prime boxes take a LOT of tries most of the time. Your best odds really are potw boxes. 
  • Options
    No... Kipnis is ok... but would I pay 3k gold for another sub... no.

DFBB said:
    Have your changed your stance on the prime boxes? Fortunately for me, I haven't had any trouble watching ads and I'm racking up a considerable amount of gold. The 5 pack draft picks have been awful for me so I'm considering boxes now. Thoughts?

• Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    not worth it for a sub, all your subs should be 1 star players anyway.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    not worth it for a sub, all your subs should be 1 star players anyway.
    What? This worked in 16 to avoid leveling up, but doesnt do much for you on 17.
  • Options
    Ya... I am going for the best team from top to bottom in 2017 with no forced level-up until it makes me. I don't want 1* pinch hitters coming in during the 9th inning in a close game... in a game where the match-up engine is garbage.
  • Options
    DTForeverDTForever Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    edited June 2017
    i don't know if anybody noticed. Last week POTW JD Martinez's stat is better than Tuner after he becomes normal. POTW is a better choice than Prime to me if I can have a chance to get a better player to improve my lineup.