Options

How to prime players work?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
I know that they have their own currency to level up, but what happens if you get a non-prime version of the same player? 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    It SHOULD be like having a gold level player, then getting a silver level of the same player. It SHOULD just level up the higher player and kick you some XP back too. SHOULD........
  • Options
    It SHOULD be like having a gold level player, then getting a silver level of the same player. It SHOULD just level up the higher player and kick you some XP back too. SHOULD........
    Hmm. Seems like you're suggesting GLU doesn't always exercise common sense. LOL. I asked because I heard someone claim that prime miggy will be a fan reward today. If you know anything about it, please share!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    They said Prime Cabrera on Reddit.... so ya... looks like it. I have Rizzo at 1b already... so it is a little disappointing.

DFBB said:
    I heard someone claim that prime miggy will be a fan reward today. If you know anything about it, please share!

• Options
    Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited May 2017
    It means nothing will happen. They're basically 2 seperate players. Would be funny to have both on the same team, though.
  • Options
    It's actually OF Melky Cabrera as the 10k fan reward... not Miguel.
  • Options
    Ha! It's Melky Cabrera Prime. And 40,000 gold for him and he's not even much better than a normal 5 star player. Glu have lost their minds lol. Miguel Cabrera as the normal 5 star reward is pretty crappy too. This is a week to save up gold for next weekend.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Ace1234NY said:
    Ha! It's Melky Cabrera Prime. And 40,000 gold for him and he's not even much better than a normal 5 star player. Glu have lost their minds lol. Miguel Cabrera as the normal 5 star reward is pretty crappy too. This is a week to save up gold for next weekend.

Absolutely.  Especially with double rewards.  Bank gold and save for better rewards next week. (I have Miggy already so definitely not spending 11200 to upgrade him a level.)
  • Options
    40k for Melky is hacker entrapment. Melky is ok... but I'd just save the gold and get the next 4 fan rewards.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Kinda figure maybe they're trying to get ppl to waste all their 2x gold on crappy players, so it's not so easy for them to build a really good team with it. Anyway, I also have Rizzo, so Miggy would just seem to be a downgrade at 1B. It's also convenient because I'll probably hit gold tier early next week, so there should probably be a fan reward event for me then. When I hit silver tier I got Kershaw, so if this one is close to that good, it'll make up for the dud that was this weekend's rewards.
  • Options
    I have a 5* Rizzo... but Miggy from today slides right into the DH spot. Was it worth it... eh... maybe. But... I am also thinking I should have saved the gold for a SP in the fan rewards.
  • Options
    kcmoosekcmoose Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    How'd you get so much gold? I click it throughout work week etc and still can't get $10k gold.  I save up and get some from rewards etc but most I've saved up is 4,500 this weekend.  U guys saving up for 4-6 weeks before spending it or some trick I don't know 
  • Options
    kcmoose said:
    How'd you get so much gold? I click it throughout work week etc and still can't get $10k gold.  I save up and get some from rewards etc but most I've saved up is 4,500 this weekend.  U guys saving up for 4-6 weeks before spending it or some trick I don't know 
    I have absolutely no will power. None at all. I've 'worked' so hard at farming gold via ads. I'm about to get Melky because i literally click on ads every waking hour. I know prime Melky ain't all that great and saving my gold for next week would be wise, but i rationalized that I needed the xp. :(
  • Options
    So you in 1 week got up to $10k that's impressive as I can't seem to get more than 2,500 in a week watching ads continuously for 4 gold an ad
  • Options
    I can typically get anywhere from 1.6-1.9K per weekday. Less on the weekends. That gives me easily over 10K per week to get the 5 star fan reward. 2x gold since Thursday afternoon has increased that in a big way. There's no way I'd get to 40K by Monday, but Melky isn't even that good for a prime. And if I was going to get a prime, I'd be better off waiting a few days until I reach gold tier, so I don't need thousands of prime EXP to level them up to the rest of my team.
  • Options
    I watch videos for free gold. It sucks because this is x2 gold weekend, and Glu turned down the videos you can watch. I MAYBE get 15-20 videos in before I have to reset.
  • Options
    I'm doing ok. I got like 4.8K gold yesterday. 700 was from a very lucky collection card. But still...4.1K just from ads.
  • Options
    I am nowhere close to that with the ads. I hate that Glu does x2 gold weekend, then turns down the amount of videos we can watch. The only offer that I can count on to work is the MLB 9 innings one for 90 gold. BUT... it takes like 15-20 minutes to complete... which makes it not worth doing IF the videos are working properly.
  • Options
    Grippy5Grippy5 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    edited May 2017
    It all depends on where you live. If an advertiser Doesn't want to advertise in your demographic  they won't allow it. So some demographics will get more videos then others
  • Options
    There are no shortage of videos. During the week... I get endless videos, and 99.99% of them are that virtual reality baseball diamond one where it says to look around. Over this weekend... I am getting a variety of videos.

With x2 gold, Glu has turned down the number of viewable videos. Fyber told me flat out that each game sets the number of videos you can view... they have NOTHING to do with the videos. 
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Are you resetting your advertising identifier?
  • Options
    How do you do that?
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Go to settings - privacy - advertising, then click reset advertising identifier.  Usually resets the videos and lets you watch a bunch again.  You can keep doing it whenever they run out.
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    If you have a Prime and standard version of the same player, you'll have both players on your roster.  Same goes for rookies, current PotW/M's and former PotW/M's.

As for why... I wish I knew.  It's confusing to me too.