Disappointed with Glu, Tap Sports Baseball 17

BrooklynBobBrooklynBob Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
I downloaded the Tap Sports Baseball 17 app to play against other people and fans.
But for nearly the past week, I have been playing mostly Glu MLB Baseball Teams. That is not what I signed up for.
It seems these teams — which appear in Bonus Games and Tournaments mostly — are a cheap ploy by Glu to make players spend money for cash or gold in order to continue competing and act as an impetus to spend money to improve their teams.
This is crap. Tap Sports Baseball used to be fun.
Now it appears that Glu has been attempting to turn it into a money-making machine for itself.
I doubt this post will stay up long as Glu also fears any criticism of its product.
But if you feel as I do, I suggest you copy and post this discussion or add your own views.

Comments

• BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Welcome to TSB 2017... it is more about money than ever before with MLBPA on board
  • BTuck2112BTuck2112 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I could care less about MLB teams and logos. I'd be fine if it was the Durham Bulls or even some made up team names.
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I loved TSB16.  But deleted TSB17 and refuse to play it.  I was ALWAYS matched up against stronger teams in higher divisions.  You would think that there would then be a chance that you would occasionally get matched up against a weaker team.  NOPE.  This is evidence that most of the "teams" on TSB17 are FAKE!!!!!!!!!!
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Welcome to TSB 2017... it is more about money than ever before with MLBPA on board

MLBPA has been on board since the original game. MLB is the money grab.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    MLB.... MLBPA... MLS.... NFL..... Glu just went straight greedy in 2017, and players are walking away.

NOW... somebody on Reddit said Glu re-opened the hacking ports because they were losing so many players. That sounds retarded, and 100% counter productive. There is no way you get more players by allowing hackers to steal from you and resell it to others. Those who walked away... walked away, and aren't coming back.
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    MLB.... MLBPA... MLS.... NFL..... Glu just went straight greedy in 2017, and players are walking away.

NOW... somebody on Reddit said Glu re-opened the hacking ports because they were losing so many players. That sounds retarded, and 100% counter productive. There is no way you get more players by allowing hackers to steal from you and resell it to others. Those who walked away... walked away, and aren't coming back.
    the guy on reddit is wrong.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    I know... he thinks hacking is good for Glu... which is business 101 common sense that it isn't. His source is a friend who is close to Glu programmers. My bet is the programmers are telling him what they want him to know, to make the hackers drop their guard, and thus catch the hackers, and jail more people.
  • Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    Or, he could just be making sh*t up. Solid possibility.
  • DTForeverDTForever Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    the guy on reddit is wrong.

TSB 2017 does a great job this year. I don't understand what the guy said on reddit. This game contributes almost 50% of Glu's daily revenue. Why don't they spend more time to secure this game? (Put more people in jail maybe)
    However they sometimes made mistakes when putting people in jail like last year 5k derby massive jailing.

• scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    Is this just for one day? Holy crap, that's a lot of revenue. 
    Especially when you consider they have just a handful of customer service reps for in-game problems.
  • JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Is this just for one day? Holy crap, that's a lot of revenue. 
    Looks like May 10- June 8th
  • Deputy276Deputy276 Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    It's fairly common business practice to look to make more money after the initial release. They initially "hook" players to the game, and then later on offer or require more ways for players to spend money on it. So no surprise that GLU is doing this. Newsflash, but GLU is not here just for people to "have fun". They are here to make dollars. LOTS of dollars. It's what a business does.