Options

New in TSB 2017

JKidd56JKidd56 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
So, after finding the 2016 game I really got into it and spent a lot money to create an all 5 star team.  Well, I could only get 4 position players,all my RPS, and 2 of my SPS at 5 star.  Now this year, getting 5 star has eluded me totally til yesterday as now I'm Gold Tier, I pulled a 5 star Ian Desmond. The rest of the team 3 4.5 star and the rest 4 star.   So pulling a 5 star is damn near impossible.  SECONDLY, now from the 4000 cash draft, I'm pulling guys ranked 2.5 or 3 stars whom have better stats than 4 star players that I've spent tons of EXP ON.  All of the boxes with the legends or the prime players , there's no chance of pulling one of these giuys.  There's a game CALLED PERFECT INNING LIVE that makes this game seem like a cartoon.   Any thoughts on why higher star guy has lower stats than these new gold tier  players?  Going over 100 has really made this game silly, 100 should be highest, ranking guys at 157 and 205,it's just silly

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Are the higher star guys gold as well?  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    No they're not, I just entered Gold tier 
  • Options
    I guess all the upgrading I've done has.been a waste   on silver players whom can only go so high.  I'm getting gold guys in cash draft now with higher rankings and less stars than my current guys 
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    If you upgraded the high star silver guys all the way to gold, they'd have better stats.  The lower star guys have better stats because they are gold level.  It's the equivalent of if you got that player at silver, upgraded him through all 10 levels, then promoted him to gold.
  • Options
    now to upgrade, it's gonna cost a min of 1850. EXP. to go up one level.   I would have to trade in 100s of players  just to go up in gold
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    JKidd56 said:
    now to upgrade, it's gonna cost a min of 1850. EXP. to go up one level.   I would have to trade in 100s of players  just to go up in gold

Remember that the players you draft in gold are worth more XP.  So for example, a single 5 star player you trade in could be 2000 XP or more. 
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    JKidd56 said:

Remember that the players you draft in gold are worth more XP.  So for example, a single 5 star player you trade in could be 2000 XP or more. 
    And to add to this, if you redraft a player you already have, it will evolve them or level them up. And if you want the best bang for your blue buck, draft derby sluggers. They're worth more exp points.
  • Options
    JoeyFingazJoeyFingaz Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Just focus on upgrading your 4.5 and 5 star silver guys up to gold.  The rest can be temporarily replaced with lower star gold players until a better player is drafted or you really feel the need to upgrade your 4 star guys up to gold.  I'll also tell you I held onto a bunch of my 4 star silver guys (still actually have some) as inactives and if you end up drafting one of these guys again in the gold level he gets a bump to gold level 2 and you get significantly more xp for getting a duplicate too.  You can have like 40 inactive players so I thought this was a decent strategy and if you are ever in need for some quick 500-1000 xp just scrap one or two because you have an abundance you don't and probably will never use. 
  • Options
    newhallboxernewhallboxer Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Pretty straight forward once you get a hang of things. Silver is better than bronze, gold is better than silver etc.. So the tier over rides the star rating. The same player rated at gold 1 is better than the silver 10. Try to stay clear of PRIME players until you become platinum as they are roughly 5 times as expensive to evolve up than regular players.