Upgrading Player of the Week

scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
I pulled Bellinger last night. I realize his stats drop dramatically after the week. My question is if I upgrade him, will the upgrades still be there, albeit with reduced/normal stats? Or, should I wait to see what his base level before deciding whether or not to upgrade? 

Comments

• 23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Yes, upgrades will still be there. And its a judgement call. Obviously leveled up they will perform even better, but at what expense when they expire? I look at hit rating vs overall rating. If hit rating is higher than overall, I'd say its worth it. If hit is lower than overall, probably going to be a bust when the time of boosted stats is over.
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Right now, after I bumped him one level, he's 182 overall, 167 hitting. Thanks
  • jdavis75248jdavis75248 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    So I received bellinger on the player of the month. How long does he last for 1 callender month or until the end of the current month regardless of when in the month u pick him up
    So I received bellinger on the player of the month. How long does he last for 1 callender month or until the end of the current month regardless of when in the month u pick him up
    Pretty much the end of calendar month. Its off by about a week, but getting them early would buy you a full month.
  • jdavis75248jdavis75248 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    So do I loose the player of the month totally or does this player diminish over time
  • newhallboxernewhallboxer Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    the player will see one significant drop, roughly 30% then all is good :wink:
    So do I loose the player of the month totally or does this player diminish over time
    They drop at the end of the month as newhallboxer said, but typically they stay better than a regular 5* player.
  • BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    They lose about 30-40 overall points. But, they are better than any 5* draft pick you can get. With prime players out, and legends coming shortly, 5* draft picks are becoming somewhat worthless for active players. The casual once-a-day player will still use them. But, heavily active players are finding them to be harder to use and still win.
    They lose about 30-40 overall points. But, they are better than any 5* draft pick you can get. With prime players out, and legends coming shortly, 5* draft picks are becoming somewhat worthless for active players. The casual once-a-day player will still use them. But, heavily active players are finding them to be harder to use and still win.
    Thanks, glad I started upgrading him. I hope it's only a 30-40 point drop. I will take that over a 30% drop. 
    Even after the POTM/W times are up, the players are still better than any 5* player at their position. They aren't as good as primes obviously... but better than draft picks.
    30% drop...about 60 points. Still good enough to stay on the roster, but not what I was hoping for.
    Well... they did Lance McCullers DIRTY! Dude was a 225 SP I believe... dropped all the way down to 152. He gets ROCKED now... Glu being Glu! 
  • IcehammersIcehammers Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Yeah MCULLERS went from ace to 4th. However I think   the potm at the beginning of the month is way better.
    it's worth it more than a prime player I can never ever in my whole life upgrade. EVER! It's like 56k prime points in diamond  to move those guys up.