Are you being matched against overpowering GLU MLB Generated teams over 30% of the time?

bjohn2525bjohn2525 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
Are the GLU MLB Generated teams ruining your gaming experience?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• BoMorris23BoMorris23 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    P.S. Glu doesn't read these forums. They have no employees, or even a liaison, on these boards... despite pushing these boards within the customer care section of the game.

SO... your poll falls upon dead ears.

• Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    you have blocked too many teams. now you are screwed.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    There are millions of players around the world... you could block 100 people per day, since the release of the game, and still not be anywhere close to hitting a limit.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited May 2017
    If you've piled up wins and have purposely not moved up in division thinking you'll always have easy matchups, that's no longer the case.  The matchmaking system looks at your number of wins first and foremost.  So if you have thousands of wins and are still in Silver when you're clearly good enough to be a Gold, Platinum, or even Diamond, you'll pull tougher matchups.

People don't like tougher matchups, so they block them.  That works.  Sort of.

If you block too many teams, the matchup generator will have no choice but to grab a Pro team for you to face because you might have blocked everybody within your range of wins... and the odds of them being my Giants or the Marlins are pretty darn slim.
    What I will say @bjohn2525 is I threw my first No-No.
  • theboyracer75theboyracer75 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    If you've piled up wins and have purposely not moved up in division thinking you'll always have easy matchups, that's no longer the case.  The matchmaking system looks at your number of wins first and foremost.  So if you have thousands of wins and are still in Silver when you're clearly good enough to be a Gold, Platinum, or even Diamond, you'll pull tougher matchups.

People don't like tougher matchups, so they block them.  That works.  Sort of.

If you block too many teams, the matchup generator will have no choice but to grab a Pro team for you to face because you might have blocked everybody within your range of wins... and the odds of them being my Giants or the Marlins are pretty darn slim.
    This is ridiculous.  I have 1000 wins on silver but am under .500 on total so does that mean I should move up?  I'm losing more than I win.  
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    It DEFINITELY means you should move up.  1000 wins is high gold to mid-Platinum territory.
  • theboyracer75theboyracer75 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    So I can lose even more than I'm losing now.  Fantastic advice
  • TapSportsScamBallTapSportsScamBall Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    This Game is 60% scam. They rig the game servers, give you low value crap in the draft. Give you the same players back you just dumped . drafting 200 players to get a couple 4 star players is a ripoff. They dont pay you gold you earn via deals and trials. The earn a 1x hitting and power boost via watching a video makes your team play worse. They overmatch your team vs your opponent on average 6/10 games. Draft you bronze players in silver tier. Match you up will pro tier teams when your semi-pro team. Line outs to pitchers are out of control. Yeah!!? Sure Ill pour money from my wallet into this ripoff. The game has potential until you realize they tryin to scam you 65% the time. Wont see a penny. I'd never reccomend this game to my kids or friends in its current state. Fuk glu
    You sound upset....

This Game is 60% scam. They rig the game servers, give you low value crap in the draft. Give you the same players back you just dumped . drafting 200 players to get a couple 4 star players is a ripoff. They dont pay you gold you earn via deals and trials. The earn a 1x hitting and power boost via watching a video makes your team play worse. They overmatch your team vs your opponent on average 6/10 games. Draft you bronze players in silver tier. Match you up will pro tier teams when your semi-pro team. Line outs to pitchers are out of control. Yeah!!? Sure Ill pour money from my wallet into this ripoff. The game has potential until you realize they tryin to scam you 65% the time. Wont see a penny. I'd never reccomend this game to my kids or friends in its current state. Fuk glu

• royalpadreroyalpadre Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    It DEFINITELY means you should move up.  1000 wins is high gold to mid-Platinum territory.
    Very interesting.   Thanks.  Would you list other win amounts and the levels they should be at?  
  • BattiBatti Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    Why should wins matter??? It should be a combination of team strength and wins secondary. If you 1,000 wins and 1,800 losses why should you get matched with even stronger teams. It's ass backwards
    edited May 2017
    People won't pay more money as they realize they can't win either way. You lose either way. There needs to be more thought into how match teams. No one wants to play the game when they lose more than 40% of the time.
  • JJcodmilkJJcodmilk Registered Users, Member 27 Posts
    Batti said:
    Why should wins matter??? It should be a combination of team strength and wins secondary. If you 1,000 wins and 1,800 losses why should you get matched with even stronger teams. It's ass backwards
    Exactly!
  • Ace1234NYAce1234NY Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited June 2017
    Actually, it doesn't matter how many losses you have. All that matters in terms of getting promoted is wins. For comparison, i just hit gold and I'm at 324 wins. This guy is silver and 1000 wins. Which tells me he's probably put off getting promoted for some time. I'm guessing that most ppl who have 1000 wins aren't at silver, so that's going to be a problem for him. By contrast, if you move up when you're supposed to, you'll end up with easier matchups. I'll probably still be facing a lot of silver teams with around 300 wins at this point, because I bet you most of the gold teams have more wins than that. Basically, this is an unforgiving anti-sandbagging technique Glu has implemented. And it's pretty genius.
    Ace1234NY said:
    Actually, it doesn't matter how many losses you have. All that matters in terms of getting promoted is wins. For comparison, i just hit gold and I'm at 324 wins. This guy is silver and 1000 wins. Which tells me he's probably put off getting promoted for some time. I'm guessing that most ppl who have 1000 wins aren't at silver, so that's going to be a problem for him. By contrast, if you move up when you're supposed to, you'll end up with easier matchups. I'll probably still be facing a lot of silver teams with around 300 wins at this point, because I bet you most of the gold teams have more wins than that. Basically, this is an unforgiving anti-sandbagging technique Glu has implemented. And it's pretty genius.
    OMG you can't be serious? You may need to buy some Glu shares. It is far from genius. It has more flaws than Trump teaching an ethics class.
  • Deputy276Deputy276 Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    edited July 2017
    Ace1234NY said:
    Well thought out and good post! Too many people are trying to "game the system" by staying at low levels and "seal clubbing". GLU's system prevents that. The poll won't be accurate because people always feel they are being "cheated" if they don't win every, or the majority of games. That's human nature.
  • kevw45kevw45 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Deputy276 said:
    Ace1234NY said:
    Well thought out and good post! Too many people are trying to "game the system" by staying at low levels and "seal clubbing". GLU's system prevents that. The poll won't be accurate because people always feel they are being "cheated" if they don't win every, or the majority of games. That's human nature.
    I find this all hard to believe... What is your source for this information? It doesn't make much sense to move up in tier just because you have a lot of wins for your current tier in order to be granted easier matchups. Think about it, generally everyone wants to achieve the highest tier possible. That's part of the competition, and how does being matched up with teams filled with next higher tier players supposed to provide an easier matchup? I believe it's setup to make wins harder to come by as you level up in tiers. It's no different than playing a video game and selecting easy, normal, hard ect. except it's automatically selected for you in this game as you tier up.
    edited July 2017
    bjohn2525 said:
    Are the GLU MLB Generated teams ruining your gaming experience?
    I'm having the exact opposite problem actually. I'm constantly being paired with teams that I overpower but still lose 60-70% of the time.
    edited July 2017
    kevw45 said:
    I find this all hard to believe... What is your source for this information? It doesn't make much sense to move up in tier just because you have a lot of wins for your current tier in order to be granted easier matchups. Think about it, generally everyone wants to achieve the highest tier possible. That's part of the competition, and how does being matched up with teams filled with next higher tier players supposed to provide an easier matchup? I believe it's setup to make wins harder to come by as you level up in tiers. It's no different than playing a video game and selecting easy, normal, hard ect. except it's automatically selected for you in this game as you tier up.
    If you move up in tier too slow and literally have thousands of wins, you'll inevitably be matched up with people that had your same strategy.  That's the basis.  Whatever strategy you're using will end up matching you against people who are doing exactly what you're doing.

If you rank up and level up as intended, it'll continue to be a level playing field.  It takes 360 wins or so to get to Gold.  So it shouldn't be out of the ordinary to be there with a bunch of people who have around 500 wins.  At the same time, there's going to be people in Silver who have 3000 wins... so you tell me how's it's fair for somebody with 3000 wins and have been rewarded different gifts over that course of play to go against players to have like 80 wins under their belt who are still trying to figure things out.

At the end of the day, you can play however you want if it's within the the terms of service, but if you're playing the game the way you played any previous iteration, I'm sorry -- but those strategies don't work anymore.  I'm not here to tell you how to play the game.
    kevw45 said:
    If you move up in tier too slow and literally have thousands of wins, you'll inevitably be matched up with people that had your same strategy.  That's the basis.  Whatever strategy you're using will end up matching you against people who are doing exactly what you're doing.

If you rank up and level up as intended, it'll continue to be a level playing field.  It takes 360 wins or so to get to Gold.  So it shouldn't be out of the ordinary to be there with a bunch of people who have around 500 wins.  At the same time, there's going to be people in Silver who have 3000 wins... so you tell me how's it's fair for somebody with 3000 wins and have been rewarded different gifts over that course of play to go against players to have like 80 wins under their belt who are still trying to figure things out.

At the end of the day, you can play however you want if it's within the the terms of service, but if you're playing the game the way you played any previous iteration, I'm sorry -- but those strategies don't work anymore.  I'm not here to tell you how to play the game.
    I think this debate is going in the wrong direction, the op's poll was based on GLU Generated teams. It sounds like you're talking about other real player match making. I have over 600 wins in the silver veteran tier and I'm not getting paired with generated teams that have way more team strength.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    The total wins thing really doesn't make sense. If you play sprint and weekend events you win games that do not count at all toward your progress through the levels and provide very little in the way of direct rewards. 
  • Deputy276Deputy276 Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Not so fast kevw...and nice attempt at side-stepping. You questioned my response, and when blueleopard correctly clarified it, you ran back to the OP's question. If you ask a question and don't like the answer, just deal with it. Don't run away to the original OP's question. 
    edited August 2017
    Deputy276 said:
    Not so fast kevw...and nice attempt at side-stepping. You questioned my response, and when blueleopard correctly clarified it, you ran back to the OP's question. If you ask a question and don't like the answer, just deal with it. Don't run away to the original OP's question. 
    No actually, I wasn't even directly talking to you, and I was talking about the op's post the whole time  I just quoted your post because you were agreeing with ace1234ny's post which was pretty much an echo of [TSP] blueleopard's post which I disagree with and that's who I was really addressing, and to whom my last message was directed at, as I thought we were talking about the same thing. It wasn't until after I posted, went back and re-read there posts, did I discovered we were talking about different things, and quite frankly, before you opened your big immature mouth and starting throwing accusations around in an attempt to turn this into some kind of competition, this was a civil conversation.
  • RahlRahl Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    There needs to be additional ways of getting Evo. Most of us can't move up higher because Evo is preventing us from leveling up our guys
  • qbaf1212qbaf1212 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Well, if being matched against a team with an overall ranking of 132,115 vs my 38,000 is considered overmatched then hell yes!!!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I think all this is a bunch of bunk. I have 1098 wins and 323 losses. I get a good mix... most of the wins come from playing the weekend events and the event on Wednesdays. I am in in the silver adept tier. I don't move up so fast because I am busy collecting gold because real world money are way to expensive for gold. A big grip of mine. Some times I go on win streaks and some time I go on losing streaks. The real issue is fixing the game so it'll stop crashing especially with the videos. Also the season mode stops at 97 and doesn't load any further.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I haven't been able to play season mode for 2 days now because of the loading issues those are the issues they need to be concerned with not leveling the field. As long as you have cheats and hacks you'll never have a level playing field although 2017 version is much much better than pervious year versions by far!