Hacking and cheating

AfroHoundAfroHound Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
So I've read a great deal on the hacking of this App, and the chat room is full of people offering "cheap gold." How prevelent is it, and why bother playing or competeing if a large segment of the players are cheating and stealing? Would somone offer some insight and whether these charges are true and if they can be stopped? 

Comments

• weBUGyouweBUGyou Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    AfroHound said:
    So I've read a great deal on the hacking of this App, and the chat room is full of people offering "cheap gold." How prevelent is it, and why bother playing or competeing if a large segment of the players are cheating and stealing? Would somone offer some insight and whether these charges are true and if they can be stopped? 

It's true. However, Glu won't stop it. They will take action to make it look like they are stopping it, but hacking gives other people incentive to spend real money in order to catch up. If you notice by their pricing strategy, their target market is big fish. Those are the guys who have a ton of money and don't mind spending it to catch up. So, Glu will take some action but will never fully eradicate the hacking.
  • SwMoThunderSwMoThunder Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    How can you find out if your team has a cheater in it? Is there a list of cheaters somewhere? I just don't want my club jailed because of 1 person cheating. 
  • 23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    How can you find out if your team has a cheater in it? Is there a list of cheaters somewhere? I just don't want my club jailed because of 1 person cheating. 
    They wont be. Its account by account basis. It will not effect the whole club.
  • SymbolicJesterSymbolicJester Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    weBUGyou said:
    AfroHound said:

It's true. However, Glu won't stop it. They will take action to make it look like they are stopping it, but hacking gives other people incentive to spend real money in order to catch up. If you notice by their pricing strategy, their target market is big fish. Those are the guys who have a ton of money and don't mind spending it to catch up. So, Glu will take some action but will never fully eradicate the hacking.
    You cant, under any platform, any system, in any way stop hacking, you can only minimize it. If you think you can eradicate hacking, seek professional help :P (just joking) but it cant and wont be stopped.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Hacking and cheating is always going to happen.  There is no "fully eradicating the hacking."  It's literally impossible.  Overwatch, Battlefront, Call of Duty, Tap Sports Baseball -- you name it, there's some sort of hacking happening.

Ask any Taps veteran.  We've been harder this year than previous years, but where there's a will there's a way, but that doesn't mean we're not gonna try to stop that way.
  • ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Yeah, 2 clubs in my pool this past weekend put up over a Billion pts. No cheating in those clubs though I'm sure.
  • Hall4RoseHall4Rose Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I am in one of those clubs and I can guarantee you we did not cheat. Get 30+ teams together that have played since day 1 and all have top diamond teams and it's possible. Scoring a billion points does not require cheating. It requires 30+ players that are tapping an average of 16 hours a day. First time we've reached a billion but we had to bring some players in to help us do it. I personally don't think it can be accomplished by less that 30 teams but I could be wrong. GLU defines cheating as anything that's "an unfair competitive advantage". We have several players that are so fast and good that they could actually be considered "an unfair competitive advantage". Don't categorize that level of play as cheating. You put in the amount of time we have and you too can get to that "an unfair competitive advantage" point. I define cheating as producing points by any manner other than tapping (i.e. point manipulation). Not as a club full of rock stars.
  • SymbolicJesterSymbolicJester Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    Hall4Rose said:
    I am in one of those clubs and I can guarantee you we did not cheat. Get 30+ teams together that have played since day 1 and all have top diamond teams and it's possible. Scoring a billion points does not require cheating. It requires 30+ players that are tapping an average of 16 hours a day. First time we've reached a billion but we had to bring some players in to help us do it. I personally don't think it can be accomplished by less that 30 teams but I could be wrong. GLU defines cheating as anything that's "an unfair competitive advantage". We have several players that are so fast and good that they could actually be considered "an unfair competitive advantage". Don't categorize that level of play as cheating. You put in the amount of time we have and you too can get to that "an unfair competitive advantage" point. I define cheating as producing points by any manner other than tapping (i.e. point manipulation). Not as a club full of rock stars.
    isn't the team limit 20???
  • yougotgameyougotgame Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    edited August 2017
    rotation
  • stangvrtch22stangvrtch22 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Rotation wouldnt mean much for players doing that being that they wouldnt receive any rewards from either club right?
  • 23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Rotation wouldnt mean much for players doing that being that they wouldnt receive any rewards from either club right?
    Some dont need the rewards. 
  • rolltide8722rolltide8722 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Rewards?? Who needs them when you have a 15 year old selling gold like it was black tar heroine 
  • TAPPEDOUTTAPPEDOUT Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    YOU CRACK ME UP ROSE4HALL, YOU DIDN'T CHEAT. HAHAHA. WONDER HOW YOU GOT THE REQUIRED GOLD TO MAKE IT TO A BILLION POINTS. THATS AT LEAST 20K GOLD PER TEAM AND I KNOW EVERYONE DIDNT PAY $200
  • PhilCrouchPhilCrouch Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    What do u do with prime xp's 
  • slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Level up the Prime players.

• JDUBBS81JDUBBS81 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    The cheating is so disgusting in this game . At 12:15 today there were already clubs with 700,000  pts . Glu it's so damn obvious I can't believe you guys allow this
  • OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    With the ridiculous pricing of gold, Glu is encouraging the hackers. Who in the hell wants to spend $400 for 40k of gold in a stupid cell phone game?  And that will only get u a legend and prime player during fan rewards. To stack your team in a legit way, you have to spend $4000k on a stupid cell phone game. Not realistic. Here's a thought - sell gold for drastically cheaper. You would get a lot more people to buy it and there would be little incentive to pay a 15yr old for hacked gold
  • cyboji59cyboji59 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Getting that much gold and putting up that many points can only be done by cheating! We play hard as a group and consider ourselves a good team to make top 100. Legit!
  • BattiBatti Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    They wont be. Its account by account basis. It will not effect the whole club.
    incorrect
  • WackGoneLocoWackGoneLoco Registered Users, Member 95 Posts
    I just got jailed and all my much lower alternate teams and I don't cheat! I worked hard to get my team to platinum all-pro. Can you get banned joining and leaving too many clubs checking just doing harmless snooping?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I just got jailed and all my much lower alternate teams and I don't cheat! I worked hard to get my team to platinum all-pro. Can you get banned joining and leaving too many clubs checking just doing harmless snooping?
    I got some words of advice.....if someone on these threads says "let me share my secrets or strategies with you... RUN!!! Or they are offering cheap gold especially off of Reddit do not talk to them or pm them don't even open the pm up like I stupidly did... you don't have to do anything wrong just associating with those people will get you jailed. If someone wants to offer up strategies they will just offer them up. They are watching people on Reddit and those who they associate with. You could be doing something harmless and you are if you're just talking not actually conspiring to do something but Glu is under immense pressure to nab cheats and hacks just innocently talking or associating will get you hemmed up with them. Guilty by association.
    I check to see if a club is close to leveling up and if I can, help them out while helping myself as well. I don't talk to those offering gold and stuff. I'm not paying real money for my team. My club is really good and sometimes we work with others disbanding to get better rewards but I'm sure Glu considers all that cheating as well...
    They really need to make a mandatory message sent to any team they jail or suspended as well. You don't just jail and be quiet. I contacted Glu support to explain why. But flagging my IP address and making every team I log into get automatic bam is a unprofessional move by Glu. They better reinstate my team or bleep-storm coming. Seen too many legit teams get blatantly treated this way.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited September 2017
    They really need to make a mandatory message sent to any team they jail or suspended as well. You don't just jail and be quiet. I contacted Glu support to explain why. But flagging my IP address and making every team I log into get automatic bam is a unprofessional move by Glu. They better reinstate my team or bleep-storm coming. Seen too many legit teams get blatantly treated this way.
    I wish all the luck bro... but on a game like this it's better to keep to yourself because they are aggressively cracking down on cheats and unfortunately innocent players are getting into the fray that's what happens when everyone screams "need to do something about the cheats" everyone is under suspension that's because Glu let the cheating get out of control now they realized they have a serious problem and they are hitting the nuke button to get control back and innocent bystanders are getting punished too.