Options

How should gold be spent? Please advise!

champsorbusterchampsorbuster Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
Hi All,

Just started this game not too long ago and have really enjoyed my experience thus far but I am trying to move towards Platinum and could use your expert advice.

If you were to start your team over what would you recommend investing your cash and gold in?

1) Use gold on specific packs? (Quantity vs. Quality? - 300 gold packs vs 100 gold packs)
2) Use cash only to upgrade your team since your team essentially gets replaced whenever you move up a league (ex: silver to gold -- gold league players are much better)

What would you recommend?

Best,
ChampsOrBuster

Comments

• Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I'm far from an expert but I'd say save your gold for weekend rewards, then use it on the multi-draft packs.  Then you get the guaranteed 4 or 4.5 star player, and also whatever decent players you might get from fan rewards.  Hitting is the most important stat for hitters by a decent amount, stuff is the most important rating for pitchers by far.  I sometimes buy 2nd round picks with cash.  If you're really early on, you'll sometimes get a guy good enough to put in, and worst case, you'll get some experience to upgrade.  Don't bother upgrading anyone you don't think you'll at least continue using for a while once you go up a level, because when you go up a level even lower rated guys at that level will be better than some of your decent players.
  • Options
    champsorbusterchampsorbuster Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Thank you, Victor.
  • Options
    victorthigpenvictorthigpen Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I'd also say wait until you've just gone up a level to spend that gold.  Because it will be much better to get those 4/4.5 star players at, say, gold or platinum than it would be a silver or bronze, since you will already have them at a high level rather than having to upgrade or evolve.  You have to balance it though I guess, since you need a good enough team to win enough games to even advance those levels in the first place.