Options

Too many pitches drop to the dirt in front of the player

Deputy276Deputy276 Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
I feel like I am playing softball and a kiddie team with all these pitches that drop to the dirt in front of the plate. Makes me think GLU never really watches a REAL baseball game. If a pitch drops into the dirt, it is usually at the catchers feet and not 2-3 feet in front of the batter. That type of pitch happens a lot in softball when playing with kids, not adult baseball. Also, the overhead view of the hitter makes it almost impossible to judge a pitch that is too high. The view needs to be lowered considerably to be able to judge these pitches. GLU needs to watch some of the old PC baseball games to figure out how to make this more playable and realistic.  

Comments

• Options
    RoughneckRoughneck Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    They need to do something with it its freakin ridiculous.... Real MLB pitchers doby through it in the dirt ANYTHING near that often! If they did they wouldn't be playing long!
  • Options
    TwinsBomberTwinsBomber Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Couldn't agree more.  Good suggestions about giving the batter a better perspective to see if a pitch is high or low.  I think if you go for a pitch in the dirt (who doesn't), the "pitching coach" calls for more pitches in the dirt.  If that happened for real, there'd be wild pitches and passed balls every other batter.  I don't think it was such a problem earlier in the season, but somewhere in the early summer, it started to be much more frequent (for me anyway).  I don't imagine it will help much, but I've asked for help on customer care.  It hasn't always been this bad and should be an easy fix.
  • Options
    Jetboy47Jetboy47 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    Agreed, way way too many pitches in the dirt. Also pitches that are going to be a strike and at the last second go 45 degrees??? I'd love to see a real picture do this!
  • Options
    PerfectCheckmatePerfectCheckmate Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    edited September 2017
    I've swung at so many pitches in the dirt. It's gotten to the point where I just sit there and wait until I have 2 strikes to even swing the bat. Then when I see the computer has adjusted to my style I start swinging at earlier pitches. I haven't been doing any better at actual hitting this way, but at least I don't feel like an idiot always striking out at pitches in the dirt.