Options

Season mode is TRASH

KcKarmaKcKarma Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
I've seen some trash before but this is TRASH. It's enough to quit the game but I have slot of money invested in it. Does anybody else feel like this about it. Set the game to play straight up it's bs to lose multiple games to a team that your 8000 points on power ahead of. That's simply Trash 
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    It does stink, I just play it for the rewards, all autoplay.  Not much time investment.

• Options
    newhallboxernewhallboxer Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    I think its kinda cool, free games that give you a little something.
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    I think its kinda cool, free games that give you a little something.
    Exactly. I think maybe it's being taken too seriously. Just collect the pennants and give your team the little boost. 
  • Options
    HammerHammer Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Does anyone know how to retrieve the 1x starter and 1x reliever pick?   
  • Options
    mathew50605mathew50605 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I agree, season mode to be honest is the newest worst addition to tap sports baseball. It's bad to the point I don't play it whatsoever. 
  • Options
    slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Hammer said:
    Does anyone know how to retrieve the 1x starter and 1x reliever pick?  

In the store.

• Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I agree, season mode to be honest is the newest worst addition to tap sports baseball. It's bad to the point I don't play it whatsoever. 
    I like the addition... I like the fact we now have a mode that we can play and win tangible awards based on games played not on games win until you get to the quarterfinals that can directly improve your team without spending a ton of gold or in game cash. You don't have to win any of the finals and still get good awards just for playing 116 games and you can do it over and over again that's a rarity with this game. I hope they build off of this still keep it player friendly and not gouge us for gold. They gouge us enough in the rest of the game (I'm surprised they don't charge us gold to use customer service) this mode is refreshing.
  • Options
    agfescagfesc Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Same here. Lost 30 straight games even using franchise players and 80 gold against teams I was already better than. It's not close to being realistic. Seriously, 30 games in a row. It's bullshit. 
  • Options
    koyboi32koyboi32 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I love everything about it
  • Options
    fearredsfearreds Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I just don't get season mode. I started off the season in first with a record of 32-12 but since then my record is 10-58 and I'm in last place with 4 games left in season. I noticed the teams I'm playing against have pitchers with ratings of 125 and up to as high as 158, while my best starting pitcher is only 92 rating. There is no way I can beat those teams. How do they get such high ratings? 
  • Options
    They are computer generated teams. The teams with the best stats are the ones doing well in real life. Do you see the correlation??
  • Options
    YallNeedJesusYallNeedJesus Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Season mode has pissed me off enough to write a comment and I never do these things. The game is rigged and full of fly balls and double outs. 
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Does anybody have anything else to say other than CPU teams are overpowered and you lose all the time?  While this is the case for most of you, it still offers the most rewards at the lowest in-game prices, not to mention the pennant buffs are permanent.
  • Options
    Does anybody have anything else to say other than CPU teams are overpowered and you lose all the time?  While this is the case for most of you, it still offers the most rewards at the lowest in-game prices, not to mention the pennant buffs are permanent.
    The season mode is best thing that came to this game!!!! Now it's time to work on the tournaments. Seriously a three and half star player for 10000 in game dollars?!?!? 
  • Options
    Bluleopard I got nothing to complain about this game been good to me if you know what I mean. I just don't play the tournaments.... If you don't like mode don't play it!
  • Options
    The_STL_CardinalsThe_STL_Cardinals Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Hello, do the pennant buffs apply to all game modes or to just season mode? 
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Hello, do the pennant buffs apply to all game modes or to just season mode? 
    Thank you!
    All game modes and they are permanent. Excluding the homerun derby I think
  • Options
    jreiterjreiter Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Yes season mode does suck. I start out with a great record, only to fall behind in the late stages to inferior teams. Example: I am in first place and just played an inferior team with a much worse record. They beat me three out of four. This happens all the time. This with inferior pitchers on the other team.! The slugger tournaments suck as well.
  • Options
    jreiter said:
    Yes season mode does suck. I start out with a great record, only to fall behind in the late stages to inferior teams. Example: I am in first place and just played an inferior team with a much worse record. They beat me three out of four. This happens all the time. This with inferior pitchers on the other team.! The slugger tournaments suck as well.
    The thing is even if you have a losing record you still get awards for playing those games you get to and you get the pennants....no other mode does that can't really complain about being rewarded for losing huh? I guess only on this game. There are far bigger issues with this game. The season mode is Glu's only bright spot!
  • Options
    scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I like it. Easy rewards. Doesn't cost any game currency to play. I just wish it was shorter intervals between series. 8 hour span makes it difficult to get three done in a day. You have to remember to play at the appropriate times. 
  • Options
    HayveeHayvee Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I like it. You've got your upper-tiered diamond teams where you may have to play your ace more than once. You may have to use a franchise coin sometimes. I like it better than the regular mode. By-the-way, trying to repeat as champions!
  • Options
    SkimpsSkimps Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I started off hot in my first season then lost like 16 of 20. Then towards the end of the season the teams got easier again. Just missed a playoff spot. I hate when the team I'm playing against throws some crappy bronze pitcher and I think I can auto play it but magically every time that happens, they rock my guys and I only get 2 hits off a guy with 75-80 "stuff" 
  • Options
    jreiter said:
    The thing is even if you have a losing record you still get awards for playing those games you get to and you get the pennants....no other mode does that can't really complain about being rewarded for losing huh? I guess only on this game. There are far bigger issues with this game. The season mode is Glu's only bright spot!

• Options
    You are absolutely right in it being the only bright spot! LOL!
  • Options
    cubsdudejakartacubsdudejakarta Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I really like the season mode, it’s great chance to get some extra rewards every week. I really don’t see any downside to it.
  • Options
    SkimpsSkimps Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Just hit the 30 game mark in the season. Time to get royally screwed. After losing two games to 2 star pitchers, I begin my next series. Score 3 runs the first inning, don't get another hit the rest of the game. Hmm. 2nd game, I throw 8 shut out with a 5 run lead. Bring in Britton to close it and i give up 6 and lose. Next game, another 2 star pitcher whose stats have been boosted to make him "platinum level" which is crap. When we prestige, all of our players don't magically become platinum tier. I use players that are capped as gold. So that's not fair to boost their "silver" guys. Ultimately lose that game and I'm on my 5 game skid. 
  • Options
    PYITEPYITE Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Came to the forum looking for an answer and this thread was the first one I saw that seemed relevant. I guess these pennants everyone is referring to are the 2 gold triangle things? I've been wondering what they are and how they fit into the game. I've searched all through the game and can't find anything about them
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    BucsPhan said:
    Came to the forum looking for an answer and this thread was the first one I saw that seemed relevant. I guess these pennants everyone is referring to are the 2 gold triangle things? I've been wondering what they are and how they fit into the game. I've searched all through the game and can't find anything about them
    You get them through season play, and they're used to beef up the stats of specific MLB teams.  So if you have a team that's mostly members of the Dodgers, and you use your pennants to upgrade the Dodgers, you'll see a more immediate benefit.
  • Options
    valkenvalken Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Season mode performance was terrible for me, but the rewards were decent. Once I got a legend and a prime pitcher along with a good closer, my performance improved dramatically. In fact, I won the last two seasons. Once you win playoffs the rewards really bump up. 
  • Options
    badams7923badams7923 Member 1 Posts
    This game is completely full of shit. No matter how good you are at it or how well you time your hits, it leaves you feeling like a piece of shit loser repeatedly! Especially season mode. I don't know wtf was going through the creators minds when they made this piece of shit, but they made it so apparently glitches to leave you feeling like a special Olympics athlete playing against an MLB team.