Prime Draft Pick

scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
I see an option for a Prime Draft pick for 500 gold. Has anyone done this? Is this worth trying?

Comments

• slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Like almost everything offered, it's probably not worth it.

I barely play anymore, just collect my stadium gold, and I had a little sitting around.  I saw this option last night so I tried it.  All but one of the possibilites were good, and SHOCKINGLY, I got the worst guy.  More gold down the crapper.

• scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    I did one pick and got a 3.5 star player. So, XP trade in was all I got for my gold. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Another 1000000000000000 to 1 odds. Good for Glu bad for the consumer!
  • Smokinjoeozlow3Smokinjoeozlow3 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I've bought 5 and haven't even saw a prime player period! 
  • TwinsBomberTwinsBomber Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I have good news and bad news.  I've done ten of them.  Five were part of a "five-pack" for 2500 gold, with one guaranteed five star player.  The good news - odds of getting good players seems significantly better than the standard number one picks (or five packs).  My totals for the ten are three 5 star, two 4.5 star, one 4 star, and four 3.5 star.  I only kept four (for me, better than normal number one picks).  The bad news is no prime players (so far, anyway).  I don't know that I'll spend much more - it's frustrating when they show five players you're "picking from" and there's always a prime player you don't get.  I know the odds really aren't one out of five.  It's kinda like they're taunting us.
    I actually resend my earlier thread on this topic I tried it... I actually think this is another bright spot for the game! My first pick was a prime Jacob Degrom and susequent picks where 2 five star players and a 4 1/2 star player and bunch of 3 1/2 and 3 star players and they were all individual picks. I think your odds are slightly better doing individual picks than doing a cluster of five. There's no incentive to do clusters because there's no price break and I think like I said before your odds are possibly slightly better going with individual picks.
    Just did 4 individual prime picks got a couple 3.5 star players, a 4 star player and the last one was a Manny Machado prime player. I know what said in my first post but that unfortunately was before I tried it... I just assumed...If you think about it in this regard it's cheaper to try for a prime player this way than any other way on the game especially the prime event. Just be patient and keep taking cracks at it you'll get other players you don't want or need but at least they provide a high XP value and at 500 gold that is a pretty good value in a game where it's hard to find value.
  • Pawlwall23Pawlwall23 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Join my club! 
  • bitbitsbitbits Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I have heard alot of people say that its a complete waste of money. And yes im sure itll cost you at least a pretty penny to nab a good player. But it is possible! 2nd box i bot a while back when they first came out i pulled (legend) Ken Griffey. So there is also a chance for legend players not only prime. Hey! You may get lucky ;)

What?!?! 
  • scottpdannscottpdann Registered Users, Member 162 Posts
    A month and a half later, I have probably bought 1/2 dozen of these. I don't think I've gotten any 5 stars. I have gotten a lot of useful XP, so not a total loss. I think it is worth the extra bump from the crap that is a normal 1st round pick. I have had a lot better luck with the 500 gold mystery boxes, most recently the World Series one. I am trying to use the double gold to save up for a 2,500 5-pack. 
  • HarrydHarryd Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I got a 5 star only in multi draft. Bought a pile of the single picks and in total got 1 5 star player but I did once pull legend Will Clark. That’s the only specialty player I’ve gotten though in about 20 picks 
  • dogman420dogman420 Member 15 Posts
    Ive got many many boxes in every category over the past year and have yet to get a legend,,,,just bad luck i guess