Upgrading Players

SymbolicJesterSymbolicJester Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
Please read, And please discus, i'm not hear to start an argument or fight, this is just my idea, and i'm sure someone will disagree with it, actually i'm sure of it, please respond respectfully 

Upgrading Players.........

I spent approx 300/400 to get up to where i am, which i was comfortable with, i had the extra money, so threw some on the game, not at all once. But i was happy with what i got for it. BUT it stopped when i noticed that in order to upgrade a Diamond 1 player to Diamond 2 took 75,000 cash (fine), 25,000 XP (ok) and 500 gold (HELL NO).

This is really pathetic, 500 gold to upgrade one level, are you serious????
I can see costing gold, but 500, come on, that is like $6.25 for one level

Diamond 2 to Diamond 3 is 87,300 cash, 29,100 XP, and again 500 gold

Diamond 3 to Diamond 4 is 101,850 Cash, 33,950 XP and 1,000 gold.???????

this is really way to much, A majority of players don't mind putting money on the game, and most could probably spend $20/30 a month on it, but just ranking one player from Diamond 1 to diamond 4 will take that, so in a years time that will have at max 4 players at Diamond 9, which we all know the higher Diamond level will probably require even more gold.
This is really way to expensive for a vast majority of the players, This is also probably why people leave and stop playing. Also could be way the matching system doesn't work, this causes a gap, people stop playing cause they can not upgrade, and those who can afford it, upgrade the players, so you get teams of 75,000 that stopped playing, while those who can afford it, will grow to beyond that, causing an issue in matching,

Upgrading the Diamond levels need to be lowered Dramatically, i can understand spending gold on upgrading, but not 500+ per level, i would say drop all the gold values for diamond levels by  95%, so to upgrade to Diamond 2 and 3 would need 25 gold each, going to diamond 4 would need 50 gold, this is more reasonable, 10% might even do but that may be a bit much in the higher levels, i do not know the cost of them, and unless i get duplicates of the players i have, i will not be getting to them to find out, cause i will not spend that much on a game just for a slight boost and one level, if i was buy 20 in gold, i should be able to take one player from Diamond 1 to Diamond 9/10 without question. 

The Cash and XP are fine, my opinion is they are still too high, but it is widely available to obtain, just takes time, though they should also be decreased as well.

This is just my two-cents, I've been in retail, worked as manager at a produce stand. I set prices to beat everyone around us, Had the store doing 900 in profits a day, owner thought he could do better by raising the prices, fired me, hired someone else, closed the store 3 months later, cause i wouldn't come back.

I've helped other online companies improve the fairness to all members, they succeeded in keeping players interested in their games, cause they opened the game to the base of players. Game Companies needs to realize its better to have 200 players paying 50 a month then it is having 50 players paying 200 a month, and yes i know, its exactly the same, each scenario brings in 10,000 a month. but if 10 players stop playing,
190 paying 50 a month = 9,500
40 paying 200 a month = 8,000

The hit on the bottom line isn't that much, its far better to make the game for a vast majority of players then it is making it for those who can spend more. 

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Please read, And please discus, i'm not hear to start an argument or fight, this is just my idea, and i'm sure someone will disagree with it, actually i'm sure of it, please respond respectfully 

Upgrading Players.........

I spent approx 300/400 to get up to where i am, which i was comfortable with, i had the extra money, so threw some on the game, not at all once. But i was happy with what i got for it. BUT it stopped when i noticed that in order to upgrade a Diamond 1 player to Diamond 2 took 75,000 cash (fine), 25,000 XP (ok) and 500 gold (HELL NO).

This is really pathetic, 500 gold to upgrade one level, are you serious????
    I can see costing gold, but 500, come on, that is like $6.25 for one level

Diamond 2 to Diamond 3 is 87,300 cash, 29,100 XP, and again 500 gold

Diamond 3 to Diamond 4 is 101,850 Cash, 33,950 XP and 1,000 gold.???????

this is really way to much, A majority of players don't mind putting money on the game, and most could probably spend $20/30 a month on it, but just ranking one player from Diamond 1 to diamond 4 will take that, so in a years time that will have at max 4 players at Diamond 9, which we all know the higher Diamond level will probably require even more gold.
    This is really way to expensive for a vast majority of the players, This is also probably why people leave and stop playing. Also could be way the matching system doesn't work, this causes a gap, people stop playing cause they can not upgrade, and those who can afford it, upgrade the players, so you get teams of 75,000 that stopped playing, while those who can afford it, will grow to beyond that, causing an issue in matching,

Upgrading the Diamond levels need to be lowered Dramatically, i can understand spending gold on upgrading, but not 500+ per level, i would say drop all the gold values for diamond levels by  95%, so to upgrade to Diamond 2 and 3 would need 25 gold each, going to diamond 4 would need 50 gold, this is more reasonable, 10% might even do but that may be a bit much in the higher levels, i do not know the cost of them, and unless i get duplicates of the players i have, i will not be getting to them to find out, cause i will not spend that much on a game just for a slight boost and one level, if i was buy 20 in gold, i should be able to take one player from Diamond 1 to Diamond 9/10 without question. 

The Cash and XP are fine, my opinion is they are still too high, but it is widely available to obtain, just takes time, though they should also be decreased as well.

This is just my two-cents, I've been in retail, worked as manager at a produce stand. I set prices to beat everyone around us, Had the store doing 900 in profits a day, owner thought he could do better by raising the prices, fired me, hired someone else, closed the store 3 months later, cause i wouldn't come back.

I've helped other online companies improve the fairness to all members, they succeeded in keeping players interested in their games, cause they opened the game to the base of players. Game Companies needs to realize its better to have 200 players paying 50 a month then it is having 50 players paying 200 a month, and yes i know, its exactly the same, each scenario brings in 10,000 a month. but if 10 players stop playing,
    190 paying 50 a month = 9,500
    40 paying 200 a month = 8,000

The hit on the bottom line isn't that much, its far better to make the game for a vast majority of players then it is making it for those who can spend more. 

Very well said!!! Don't forget to mention while it takes a super long time to save up for (I am still in gold level and won't invest a dime into this game only videos and particular offers I will do) by the time you get good (but still have a long way to go) the next addition will be out in time for next baseball season meaning all your hard work, time spent (and for those who spend money on this game, spend money) in building your team is all for nothing because your progress doesn't transfer to the next year's version. That's why they need to decrease the value of their products offered ie. draft picks, mystery boxes, upgrades and so forth to justify the high price in gold. Also they need to give better odds of getting the better players and get rid of those stupid franchise coins in the mystery boxes. I hate spending 1800 gold on a legend box and getting franchise coins especially when I can play 15 to 20 bonus games and get 4-5 franchise coins that way. 
  • SymbolicJesterSymbolicJester Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    I can understand the yearly reset in a way, if we was able to keep players into the next version then we would have the same line up with few chances to increase the skill or level of the team. With this also comes a vast power creep to induce income.
    Think of it this way, if you had every best player in the game, Diamond 10 rank, and they release a player who has the same stats as one you have, you wouldnt dare spend to get that player, This causes them to induce new players with better stats to make it where everyone will go after that new player. Best thing about it is 17 will continue to run, even when 18 comes out, TSB 15 and 16 is still running and being updated.

One thing i do think they should do is allow the Ballpark to be transferred with each version, as long as we buy that option.
    Supporty loyalty to those who plays, right now im getting 90 every day in 17, so once 18 comes out, and i buy the ballpark there, it should automatically be jumped to 90 every day.

Like you said, the prices are too much for the Vast majority, 1600/1800 for a chance to get a good player is way too much, i do like the 500 option that is giving players that fit the bonus point, i think this is fair, dont like the fact that XP is given in it but 500 each is fair. I am a VIP, they want 20,000 gold for a VIP Mystery box, which contains a chance for 42k, 45k, 47k, 49k, 55k, all these are Legend XP and Clayton Kershaw (Living Legend). if im gonna pay $200 for a box, it better be the Clayton Kershaw, this is just way to much for a chance at a legendary player.
    For the 200 USD  you can get 20,800 Gold. 1700 gold for a XXL Legend XP Box, for that 200USD, you can get 12 of these, even at the lowest amount which is 3500 Legend XP, you would get 42,000 LXP, this is the lowest that the VIP box offers, if i want LXP i would get the XXL box, chances are you would get more LXP then the VIP box.

any company willing to take these steps would own the gaming industry, but none willing to do it..
    I can understand the yearly reset in a way, if we was able to keep players into the next version then we would have the same line up with few chances to increase the skill or level of the team. With this also comes a vast power creep to induce income.
    Think of it this way, if you had every best player in the game, Diamond 10 rank, and they release a player who has the same stats as one you have, you wouldnt dare spend to get that player, This causes them to induce new players with better stats to make it where everyone will go after that new player. Best thing about it is 17 will continue to run, even when 18 comes out, TSB 15 and 16 is still running and being updated.

One thing i do think they should do is allow the Ballpark to be transferred with each version, as long as we buy that option.
    Supporty loyalty to those who plays, right now im getting 90 every day in 17, so once 18 comes out, and i buy the ballpark there, it should automatically be jumped to 90 every day.

Like you said, the prices are too much for the Vast majority, 1600/1800 for a chance to get a good player is way too much, i do like the 500 option that is giving players that fit the bonus point, i think this is fair, dont like the fact that XP is given in it but 500 each is fair. I am a VIP, they want 20,000 gold for a VIP Mystery box, which contains a chance for 42k, 45k, 47k, 49k, 55k, all these are Legend XP and Clayton Kershaw (Living Legend). if im gonna pay $200 for a box, it better be the Clayton Kershaw, this is just way to much for a chance at a legendary player.
    For the 200 USD  you can get 20,800 Gold. 1700 gold for a XXL Legend XP Box, for that 200USD, you can get 12 of these, even at the lowest amount which is 3500 Legend XP, you would get 42,000 LXP, this is the lowest that the VIP box offers, if i want LXP i would get the XXL box, chances are you would get more LXP then the VIP box.

any company willing to take these steps would own the gaming industry, but none willing to do it..
    None are willing to do it because people are shelling out USD and other foreign currency at them. Which I find interesting that people have that much disposable income to throw at a mobile game. For as much money as people spend on this game they could buy the newest PlayStation or Xbox and buy MUCH better quality baseball games and improve on merit alone and not constantly sink money just to obtain good players and then more money to improve them. Just think about it what are you actually receiving for a 100 USD 10400 gold that'll only get you 5 legend boxes and if you did it on a fan rewards a five star player too? Now back to the legend boxes your chances of getting a legend or even a prime player are slim. What you'll get a 4 1/2 star player some cash and what LXP but yet didn't get a legend player? What a waste of money. If Glu wants to charge outrageous prices they NEED to offer MUCH MUCH more in return! I still say they will be able to almost (and almost is the key word here kiddos) eliminate cheating and hacking if they offered much more bang for the buck. Don't get it twisted folks no one can't completely eliminate cheating but that one simple step would greatly reduce people wanting to cheat and hack. Glu has it within their power to do so. They may jail teams (with no discernment to teams that don't cheat that I might add) to save face but they need cheating to drive other people WHO don't want to cheat and WHO are HONEST to spend their hard earned money or their parents hard earned money. It's called tapping into one's competitive nature. That's dishonest but yet Glu wants to act as if they are some big super hero and fight dishonest practices...one word hypocrites!!!! Watch me get jailed for voiceing my opinions.
    edited October 2017
    One more thing that I might add. Don't think that I think everyone is dishonest at Glu. There are some good honest people there like bluleopard he's a good honest guy that's always willing to help in whatever way he can and Glu should be proud to have him on their payroll!!! I'm sure there are many more people who work there that are the same! I'm talking about the way Glu conducts business. They put out a freeium game with outrageously priced don't get value for the money you spend game that is glitchy and crashes at times and causes my device to freeze up with the 360 videos for free gold because I can't afford the gold. The only way I get gold mostly is from watching ads and now you get 2-3 videos in a row and the ones after that are a minute plus in between videos...really?? That's your all's attempt to force people like me to spend real money on this game is to do this with the videos? You all know how isolate your customer. Glu splits us up into three groups the cheats ( which they need some of them to drive competitiveness) the ones who stupidly spend good after bad money at this game ( who I'm sure get the VIP treatment and never get hassled for cheating nothing against you symbolic jester I'm sure you are a good person but just keeping it real) and ones like me who are honest but will never spend a dime on this game and watch videos and do offers but get hassled for cheating because I feel I don't spend real money on this game. None of this should be happening for a game that charges that much money for their in app purchases! Thank goodness for bluleopard that's all I got to say I'll never say bad thing about him!!! 
  • SymbolicJesterSymbolicJester Registered Users, Member 19 Posts
    I understand that, and you are right, making it more affordable will eliminate some cheating. I also understand not every one is like that.

On a theory note, Glu, how bout this idea, why not add in an option much like the XP for upgrading Players.
    This XP will work by means of them actually getting stats and being used, The higher the XP the lower the cost to upgrade.
    This will give players the option to upgrade instantly or use that player to get max, for example.........

I have Rhys Hoskins (Diamond 1)
    to upgrade him i need to have
    75,000 cash
    25,000 XP
    500 Gold

By using this player in games he gets Playing XP, which can go towards lowering the cost of the upgrade.
    I am a fan of playing the game, i would set it up to where only user controlled playing counts but thats my opinion.
    Either way, this is a terrific idea, you have the option to get the major spenders to do it instantly, and a way for those who cant to upgrade in time, which helps keep people playing the game...........Just an Idea