Best potential bug

samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
edited October 2017 in Bug Reports
I have my game plan set to potential rather than current for roster decisions. However when I draft new players that have much higher max than players on my roster they are going straight to the inactive list.

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    You can switch potential to current and it will stop. It will insert who is currently better instead of inserting the player who has more potential.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I want the player with higher potential. That is the problem-they aren’t going into my lineup. I drafted a 5 Star pitcher with a higher max than any of my starters and he went straight to my inactives. I’ve checked and I definitely have the setting on potential. 
    You can manually switch them. Lower right corner you'll see arrows in a circle shape hit that and then hit the pitcher of your choice as long as you're swapping a starting pitcher for a starting pitcher and so forth
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I realize that I can do that. The point of my post is that there is a bug. It should happen automatically with the game settings I have selected.
    It's not a bug, it generates the best possible lineup to win in theory but it leaves very little room to customize roster like I wish I could set my own batting order there a couple batters I wish I could switch around in the lineup because I hate where they are in the lineup but Glu thinks they know best. Just like throwing arm takes precedence over stuff and that's how Glu sets the rotation but thankfully we have more room to change our rotation because stuff and location should always take precedence over how fast you can throw the ball. What's the point if you can throw the ball 104 mph and can't get it over the plate and doesn't have good stuff and gets hit all the time. Just like batting power gets precedence over hitting if you can't hit what does it matter if you have a ton of power... hitting should take precedence... that's why you can't do that their pitching and hitting priorities are backwards. What you're experiencing is the same in the 2016 and 2015 version it's not a bug. If you notice pitching is not a concern with Glu it's all about the offense.