What is Walk off hero?

you guys pimped an Alex Bergman walkoff hero sale.  I didn’t buy because you never explained what walk off hero is?  How about explaining it and then offering the guy for sale again?   Happy thanksgiving 

Comments

• Stevedawg1Stevedawg1 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    I came to the forums to find out also, blue leopard you out there
  • WarEagleWarEagle Member 1 Posts
    Anyone ever find out what this is?
  • newfnewf Member 35 Posts
    It will be a game mode similar to slugfest but using your regular roster. Don’t know much more then that though!!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    That'll be awesome...but wait what's the catch or should I say cost???
  • genmills23genmills23 Member 26 Posts
    This was taken from their twitter

So let's spend some time talking about Walk Off Hero.  It's a new mode we're testing out that we plan to release soon.  Some players, which you might already have, will have the Walk Off Hero skill, which allows them to be able to used in the new Walk Off Hero mode.So what's the mode? It's situational baseball designed to get you some walk-off wins.  You choose one walk off hero and try to hit a run and win the game.  It'll be integrated into Club Events and will have a structure similar to the Slugfest Tower Event.Unlike the Slugfest Tower Event, however, Walk Off Hero Mode doesn't give you a separate roster of Walk Off Heroes.  It utilizes players you already have.
    This was taken from their twitter 

So let's spend some time talking about Walk Off Hero.  It's a new mode we're testing out that we plan to release soon.  Some players, which you might already have, will have the Walk Off Hero skill, which allows them to be able to used in the new Walk Off Hero mode.So what's the mode? It's situational baseball designed to get you some walk-off wins.  You choose one walk off hero and try to hit a run and win the game.  It'll be integrated into Club Events and will have a structure similar to the Slugfest Tower Event.Unlike the Slugfest Tower Event, however, Walk Off Hero Mode doesn't give you a separate roster of Walk Off Heroes.  It utilizes players you already have.
    So let me get this straight any player on my roster can participate or just the players that you all had for sale for $175 that was on sale for $19.99...I hope any player can participate...the $20 price point isn't to awful bad.. that just might get me to open my wallet...the key word is might...but $175 you can take the walk off heros, all of them, and stick it up your all's rudey poo candy a**es!
  • toberletoberle Member 9 Posts
    Waiting for this mode
  • toberletoberle Member 9 Posts
    Any eta?
    If it's another mode where we pay exuberant prices for low grade rewards hopefully never...how about they stop creating new modes and redo the tournament mode possibly like one person said like a March madness tournament style but buy ins more reasonable with rewards that match the buy ins or how about a thought rewards that are better than the buy ins. How about taking the season mode and expanding it to like leagues in pervious years additions. That's the problem with this game, this game has good bones but Glu never fully develops what they have they just add on and then 2018 comes out and we can't even transfer our progress. SMH!
    Battie. I believe that certain players on your current roster will be able to be used is what I got from it.  in addition to the 179.99 players you could of bought during Black Friday and cyber Monday .  I just don’t know how you can throw out a 179 evaluation on something ...  
    Battie. I believe that certain players on your current roster will be able to be used is what I got from it.  in addition to the 179.99 players you could of bought during Black Friday and cyber Monday .  I just don’t know how you can throw out a 179 evaluation on something ...  
    Let's think about it genmills $179 for what? What a player you can't even use in the 2018 edition... huh? You only have what like rest of this month and January and February and then 2018 comes out even for $20 it's still a bad deal. I know you can play this game after the next edition goes live but who wants to play the old when they can play the new? It's just a cash grab to boost your all's bottom line before the end of the year. At least when you go into the store and buy something for $179 you'll walk out with something in your hands.
    I’m with you bud.  I spent .99 cents only to get rid of ads !!!  

Anyway. I hope this mode is fun on Thursday when they release it (hopefully )
  • IOWNTZONEIOWNTZONE Member 3 Posts
    I was a sucker and bought the Bryce Harper for $20.  At the time I had no idea what walk off meant but saw it was a prime version of Bryce. It’s very expensive to upgrade him as well.  Takes a lot of XP and Evo.  I’m interested to see how much, if any, of a bigger impact he may have over the rest of my roster.
    Not much for one player...maybe out of ten games you play you may win one maybe two more you would have without him... It's not worth it unless you upgrade him and are able to add pieces around him... particularly pitching...what good is it if you can score 1-2 more runs with him a game if your pitching doesn't allow 1-2 runs less a game. Good pitching always beats good hitting everyday.
  • CowboyUp04CowboyUp04 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    2 other players I know received their VIP gifts today but I never received mine.  Also,  no newsletter yet. 
  • blueskiesblueskies Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    It's kind of lame. The hitters seem to be greatly handicapped. Most hits are humpback liners whereas they would crush fastballs down the middle during regular games.
    Exactly or soft comebackers to the pitcher