Franchise player error

dake33dake33 Member 2 Posts
I selected a franchise player and he never got put in my line up. Not only that, he is now clogging up my franchise spot and I can’t get him out. 

Comments

• Chad77Chad77 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    He's probably not as good as your starter.  Need to move your normal starter at that position to inactive.  Not just sub but inactive.
  • dake33dake33 Member 2 Posts
    I already tried. When I try and switch my current player, there is no one to trade with. The franchise player isn’t even showing in my inactive roster. 
  • Chad77Chad77 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Franchise shows up under the batters tab.  Let's say the Franchise player is First Base Pujols and he's not as good as your starting First Base or DH.  You need to have a weak 1B in your inactive roster and then swap that weak player for your good first baseman which will move him to your inactive roster.  You also can't have a sub first baseman stronger than Pujols in your subs.  Once you do that the Franchise player should be inserted when you start your next game.  It's a good idea to lock the starter before you put him as inactive to make sure he doesn't accidentally get traded in.  If you don't have a weak 1B in inactives you can do some late round draft picks until you get one.
  • ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Great explanation - however, given Pujols, “The Machine”, is kind of a forced choice in the tutorial, my experience with Brandon Belt was a bit awkward. Not until the 5th inning was he assigned as [DH] (Belt)!
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Just spend $1000 in the store and get a crappy batter drafted then move him to DH and your franchise player should take his spot.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• ClericTavenClericTaven Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Unless the Franchise player *only* plays as a DH, and there are a few ie Dave Ortiz in TSB17, then they can replace field position players, that is where you want to shuffle your minor 2nd stringers in. In my case above, I would have automatically put Brandon Belt as my DH; however, I have no others whom play as a 1st Baseman!
    {I’m sure Prime Buster Posey starts only as a Catcher, but reality, can be found at First too}!
    (My original bug is Circumstantial to Albert being a tutorial kind of forced choice (Red Bouncing Arrow).
    ~ Andrew
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    TSB19 - SF bay Area
    Correct me if I am wrong but since you can place anyone at DH then the franchise player should take over that position no matter what position he originally plays at as long as he is stronger than whomever you have as a DH?

edited April 2018
    Matter of fact I just tried it right now. I have Altuve on 2nd being at a total of 125 and got Segura (2B) off of franchise being at a total of 116. Played two games and my DH being less than 116 was replaced for those two games as his games played are still the same as two games ago.

• AbandonedBarnsAbandonedBarns Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    I had this problem in ‘17 and remember I had to switch from “Potential” to “Current” until the franchise player was used up. 

I had this problem in ‘17 and remember I had to switch from “Potential” to “Current” until the franchise player was used up. 

You may be confused about that part. The Potential-to-Current option is for sluggers when drafting them