Slugfest Impossible?

Im platinum with a slugger strength of 38,160. On level 2 I’m hitting a perfect run at 5500-5800 and still losing! I just don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. 

Comments

• Jetboy47Jetboy47 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    They made the Platinum Slugfest very hard. You need extra strong hitters that can hit over 6000. Top strength for level 4 round 10 is 252.  When you buy the extra help they are usually around 230, so they are useless to try and win the event, as you still have 2 more levels to get through. So yes it is very difficult to win this even. I could win in Gold level, bit just waste my gold and time in Platinum.
  • FlatEarth333FlatEarth333 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Yea, I've noticed the sharp decline in performance after i went platinum...definitely my worst event now which sucks, bc the winstreak protection accolade is, I think, the most important one of the week.  
  • SlotzvilleSlotzville Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I agree 
  • tvomantvoman Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    This event simply sucks. No fun at all, plus it’s impossible to upgrade those players when you need 15,000 + to just upgrade them 5 points. 
  • HatariHatari Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Slugfest is the worst event by far
  • Blacksmith78Blacksmith78 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    I can't hardly get past round 1 since I went platinum.  It just ruins the slugfest event. 
  • Jetboy47Jetboy47 Registered Users, Member 43 Posts

I can't hardly get past round 1 since I went platinum.  It just ruins the slugfest event. 

Same here, I could win it in Gold. Once I hit platinum I could never get past the 3rd level.
    Diamond is worse, I won't go to that level in 2018.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    This is part of the reason I stayed Silver, I had a bunch of maxed out level 10 legend and prime silver sluggers.  It was a breeze to beat every level.

Its pretty simple really, your slugfest competition matches your level and whatever caliber of sluggers you have will perform accordingly.  So yes, if you're beating gold slugfest with gold sluggers and you level up to platinum or diamond and aren't able to level up your sluggers to that level, you're not going to have the same success with the same gold sluggers.
  • sqg491sqg491 Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    In my experience, platinum and diamond competition rarely hit less than 9 HRs, so you basically have to go perfect every round to win
  • xtaplegendxxtaplegendx Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    i think slugfest would be a lot better if we had the choice to use our regular players like in walkoff event.  You could keep the sluggers as they would be boosted a little higher on power but it would make the event more enjoyable if we could use our regular players as well
  • KUNKDAFUNKSKUNKDAFUNKS Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    No matter what I struggle with slug fest lol it’s just too much to level up sluggers. And if you don’t have potential on when you actually might get a good slugger you’ll lose him right away 
  • SgtdUSMCSgtdUSMC Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Been a tough row to hope for me this year in slugfest too. Drafted lost a 5 star because game day settings were on current. Wont do that agun that's a month ago and still not another 5 star. I do have Bryce tho. That's good. Legend helps too