Options

Walk Off Hero Bonus

YOSHI2017YOSHI2017 Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
Hi. I'm new to the forums but not new to TSB. I have been quietly tapping away since 2016. Now I have something to say. It's an idea about the awarding of bonus points during the Walk Off Hero Event. Every Monday as I play, I wonder why the "SLUGGER" who dramatically hits the ball over the wall to win the round is not awarded the bonus points as opposed to the (pre-event named) "SLUGGER" who may merely bloop, in very undramatic fashion, the game winning hit into short right field? Isn't it the "SLUGGER", regardless of his name or team or division, who hits it out of the park to win the game more in keeping with everyone's idea of a Walk Off Hero? Mind you, no matter how the winning run is driven in, the round should be considered completed and advancement should continue. However: No Homerun = No Bonus. It is solely the opinion of this long time tapper that the event would be more challenging, gratifying and competitive.

Comments

• Options
    sqg491sqg491 Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    I'm confused here...you can walk off a game with a bloop single. It's all about driving in the run...
  • Options
    HuskerHusker Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I was thinking there could/should be a bonus for grand slams. They even do that blue colored 4 runs score thing to show it is different or a big deal, so to speak. Why not a grand slam bonus - it's rare enough that people won't pile up points but it can be an exciting thing in Walk Off.
  • Options
    You're not confused sqg491, you just have a different opinion. I didnt dispute that you can Walk Off with a bloop single, it quite simply is more dramatic and certainly more visually appealing to see the winning run driven in via the homerun. Therefore the bonus should be awarded to the SLUGGER who hits it over the wall to win the game.
  • Options
    sqg491sqg491 Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    so you mean an additional bonus on top of winning the round for a HR? I like that...
  • Options
    Yes. Exactly. Like I said just my opinion.
  • Options
    Think that's a good point Husker. Just a little something extra for the slugger who gave you a little something extra.
  • Options
    Actually, 4 runs is a lot extra. Lol.
  • Options
    Husker, your post about a bonus for grand slams got me thinking. In reality, the entire reworking of how bonus points are awarded during the Walk Off Hero Event would never happen. It would be impossible. What would be possible is the simple ADDITION of say a "super bonus" for a walk off grand slam. Aside from the extra bonus points to be gained, the true gain would be given to the player. The player would be afforded an opportunity to benefit from strategizing and applying their skills to the game. FOR EXAMPLE: You step up to the plate with runners on second and third down by one. The count, we all know, is 3-0 and in a perfect world (lol) no outs. Now based on your slugger, opposing pitcher, personal skills and own level of confidence you have a descision to make. Do you put some decent wood on the ball and drive in the run to win the round? -OR- Do you work yourself a walk to load the bases and give yourself three plate appearances to try and hit it out and Walk Off as a Hero? Now I don't know anything about computer programming but I would think I should be fairly easy to add a grand slam super bonus to the event. After all, the grand slam is the super daddy of all Walk Offs.