Options

I don't understand Walk-Off Hero event

GoJays61GoJays61 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
I don't understand why it's so difficult, even in Tap 17 I never win all level. I lose against much lower hitters at level 2 ... what will it be at level 5 ??? It does not make sense! My players are up to the maximum, what do you want me to do more ?? I'm so frustrated, i win everything in Season, Bonus Game, Tournement ... but i can't do nothing in this event, show me what kind of team can win all Level in this event ? I repeat, that's no sense to me !!
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    docaviaitiondocaviaition Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I never have won more then three levels
  • Options
    docaviaitiondocaviaition Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    I have a batter 108 and he can’t get a hit off a pitcher 86.during a game I kill that pitcher , but in the walk off event I ground out. You tell me.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Right there with you guys, got 8 guys hitting over 100 and im stuck on level for over 7 hours. Driving me nuts, to make things better my video button does not work, so when I get to round 10 and need a video it kicks me out and restarts my entire level. 5 of my hitters are 5 stars capped and the rest 4.5 and keep grounding out against 80 pitchers.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Yes sir, this event is really too hard ! I send a ticket and they response me fast but what they can do ? It's just simply too hard :( Hope they change something one day.
  • Options
    I got a few guys in my club that are at lv 5 already. Same team strength as me pretty much and they say its not hard for them so I dunno. I am just upset that I cant watch a video for a restart when I really need it. Drives me nuts,
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    crest55crest55 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    walk-off is glu's way of giving us all the middle finger, in what other game scenerio can you hit a pop fly to the center field warning track and not have a guy tag up and score, oh I'm sorry was Willie Mays playing centerfield?
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited April 2018
    For Walkoff you need your top 5 or 6 batters to be maxed out for level 4 and 5 otherwise you won't stand a chance. The pitchers are tougher by design even if their numbers are low as otherwise there would be no point to the event as everybody would keep winning. Also pay attention to your top batter as even though his overall number may be greater than others the two batters below him may have better hit/power numbers and the top one is only higher because he has better speed which is not really an advantage in Walkoff as the players don't normally take too many extra bases that they could easily take in normal games. It is worth playing though as you can get a lot of good players that way that would normally be hard to get.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    That's what i said, its too hard !!! You need 6 players maxed out ... to have a chance !! That's no sense  :( 
    Playing Tap since 18 month, think i'm pretty good, have a good strategy and a very good team but i never be close to win one !! Shame on me ;) 
  • Options
    Gojays your top players need to be maxed and from the screen show it looks like the top two are not. The last two pitchers are always the hardest and it really depends on what payers you have maxed as well. For example your simmons maxed at 106 is still going to have a hard time on level 5 but once you max your AL ROY at 131 it would get easier. Having said that how good is that Moustakas on 3rd? Mine is batting .339 which is great for a 3.5 star. I recently drafted a 4.5 Machado but am sticking with Moustakas.

• Options
    I totally agree ... but you don't think is to much asking for "having fun"   B)
  • Options
    carsd420carsd420 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    This is my favorite event I have beat it once this year. You have to be patient on the curveballs and swing a little bit later than normal
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Even if you don’t make it through the walkoff ladderes . Play the crap out of the event . You will be rewarded with tons of blue cash , gold, bonus tickets and low lvl draft picks to turn into exp. I love the event since it fuels my team for the week with those rewards. I have never gotten past lvl 5 round 10 but it’s still a good event . 
  • Options
    Titan10Titan10 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Great way to bulk up your club
     Kyle Hendricks is a beast 
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    It also is based on your tier. The higher up the harder they are. 
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    There seems to be a handicap to start the year. Someone has to explain how my 127 overall can hit against an 82 overall pitcher. It's all fun until you get stuck
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    Try not to swing at the first strike, seems to help.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Also make note of pitchers and match up left vs right and vice versa
  • Options
    There seems to be a handicap to start the year. Someone has to explain how my 127 overall can hit against an 82 overall pitcher. It's all fun until you get stuck
    It's a conspiracy. Lol. That makes no sense. You should be able to beat that. 
  • Options
    Its called a pay to win model...
  • Options
    goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    edited April 2018
    Couple of things I have come to learn.
    1. Learn your pitchers and play the best batter for each pitcher. (It takes a little bit but you will get it) :).
    2. Be patient on each pitch as well, don’t be scare to take a couple strikes,  picked up a lot of walks this way :).  
    3. Boost when needed, a boost can go a long way when up against a tough pitcher.  4. Play your new rounds vs. autoplay.  To many times we quickly autoplay vs. enjoying the tapping and swinging.  :)

The event can be frustrating but it is one of the most rewarding and the 1 minute games don’t cost you anything to play.   If you don’t get past a certain level at lease take advantage of the free picks, gold, money and XP :).    

Keep at it and you will get through it.   

• Options
    One thing that is both funny & strange to me is that levels 3 & 4 were much harder to pass than level 5. Took me at least 2 hours on level 4 yesterday but went through level 5 in less than 20 minutes.

• Options
    Me personally its always lv 2 and 3 that seems hardest. But I am in gold level so I really gotta get my guys capped quicker to even have a chance at cycling. Wish I stayed in silver.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Well yesterday gave me even more reason to stay silver for a while as now they are giving out Prime XP in slugfest events and I need to start saving up on those for when I get any primes. It would be sweet if they started giving out prime players in Walkoff like last year but I am sure it will be a while before they start doing that.

• Options
    BeforeHandBeforeHand Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I got a few guys in my club that are at lv 5 already. Same team strength as me pretty much and they say its not hard for them so I dunno. I am just upset that I cant watch a video for a restart when I really need it. Drives me nuts,
    Amen

i believe 100% it difficulty level is higher .......if you compared this game to a sport that comes on tv,its most definitely compared to WWE when talking %'s.i love how the game
    (my opinion)it atleast seems to me that the body language of the batter entering the batter box  and while the pitcher is finessing the ball....means alot batter in and batter out,and timing your swing combined.........
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    1 thing to help with walkoff is to level up your “legend”. 

Another small tip tip that i have found is to try to hit opposite field as much as possible. I seem to have better luck doing that than I do by trying to crush every pitch
  • Options
    JakeFromStFarmJakeFromStFarm Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I love walkoff but there are some changes that could make it better. It’s situational baseball, give us the option to bunt and steal and please stop a runner from coming home from third on a non-force out situation. 
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Bunts and steals are good ideas
  • Options
    Ive spent so much time and effort on my sluggers that I suck at this event. I am satisfied with just getting bonus games and picks. It is still worth it
  • Options
    TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    I hate that if you choose not to bunt or steal on the first pitch you cant change your mind.
  • Options
    I agree with you. I need to be able to bunt any pitch. I was hoping that was in 18 when i was playing 17