Options

Fan Reward Events

JFalls0705JFalls0705 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
Hi y'all. I'm new to the TSB forums, been playing for a few years now though. I don't spend money on the game or gold, but i do watch quiet a few videos for gold. I bought two POTW boxes last week and got Sho and Taillon in both of them which significantly helped my team. I was looking to do the same thing again this week for the two guys available, but notice there are certain times when spending gold gives you other rewards. Is there a set time on when there are fan reward events for spending gold? If so, when is this normally?

Comments

• Options
    BluBeardBluBeard Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Hey JFalls! During the weekend events, the fan rewards usually start one hour after the event begins. The POTW players do help your team significantly when acquired, but keep in mind it is only a temporary boost to those players. After one week, those POTW player's overall strength usually drops about 20%. That is approximately equivalent to a 4.5 star player. So make sure those POTW boxes are what you need and that those players will make your everyday roster. Otherwise, it might not be worth the investment.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response! They certainly helped last week for sure. I'm not sure if i will lean towards the guys this week or not, i'm just trying to find the most useful way to spend my gold. I'm sitting on about 4400 gold at the moment. If POTW boxes aren't the way to go, what's the best way to spend gold to get the best "Bang for your buck"?
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Jfalls the fan reward events do start on Fridays one hour after the event starts as BlueBeard stated although in the first week or so of the game's release they sometimes happened during the week as well. The 1100 gold for POW is really not justifiable as there is no guarantee you will get them. One thing BlueBeard may be wrong about though is the players being 4.5 star equivalents after their one week boost is gone. Scherzer for example which is offered today will have a max of 290 after the POW boost is gone so that is really a 5 star Diamond max player.

Having said that rather than spending 1100 on POW boxes I would rather spend the 300-350 on the event team specific draft boxes. Also if you can watch enough videos for a few weeks and get 12K in gold it is worth it to spend all the gold at one time during the weekend fan reward event to get all the prizes in fan rewards (just make sure the players offered is what you need). Make sure to watch as many videos as you can when they offer double gold as it adds up. Personally I watched so many videos during this past holiday season in the 17 version of the app that I was able to get a signature Nolan Ryan from fan rewards (that was 24K though for Legend prizes)
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback as well. I really appreciate it. The fan reward boxes scare me a little. Like today it's the Red Sox. and I'm a huge Boston fan, but the chance of getting a 5* player is small... Definitely will try to stock up enough gold for 12k though.
  • Options
    Usually, TSB has a featured set of players during the weekend event. Last weekend was the San Juan box with several great players with permanent boosted strength. The weekend before that was the Ohtani box. The weekend bonus players are a better get when buying boxes compared to the temporary POTW players. However, the odds of getting those weekend guys are greatly reduced and can be very frustrating with nothing but XP to show for it. I spent a ton of gold for the Ohtani box and got nothing but mediocre 3 to 4 star Angels and XP. Those weekend boxes are an option... if you feel lucky.

Something else to look into are the investments. You can find those by clicking on the plus sign in the top right. Then go to "investments". You can buy a stadium investment for $10. The advantage to this is that you acquire an amount of gold everyday depending on how much you spend. If you're completely against spending though, I totally get it.

My advice, don't spend all at once. Every so often, buy a couple #1 picks and maybe even a First rounder as you can get some quality guys out of those. If you can splurge on a Multi-draft in a while, do it. Chances are, you'll get some quality guys out of that. If you have a solid team, I'd save some of that gold for when the Prime and Legend players come out - probably June or July. That's when the fun begins. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Ahhh primes & legends. Can't wait for those. Jump back to 17 once in a while just to bat a few with them. I wonder if they will start at bronze as well and have to be leveled to our current level or if GLU is going to start them off at what ever level you are on. As it is right now I don't see any point of going past silver. Not until I have about 100K saved up in XP anyway because as soon as I hit gold I want to max my big hitters.

• Options
    Good plan Houmy. From what I've heard, any player you draft - regular, prime, legend, etc. - will start at bronze and you'll have to level up yourself. Just another way for you to spend more money on your players. I do the same thing and revisit 17 every so often. Those Legends make it so easy compared to 18. I'm making sure all my players, sluggers and upgrades are capped before leveling up. I went up to silver a little early. Now, I'm paying for it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'll definitely look into the weekend boxes. Trying to watch enough videos for gold to get to the 12k mark for the fan reward events
  • Options
    No problem man. Good luck to you. Just a follow up regarding my comment about the POTW players strength after the boost ends. I have POTW Pitcher Jameson Taillon at Silver level. His boosted strength capped at Silver was 145. Today, his boost ended and his regular strength is now 112. That's a 33 point drop! Pretty dramatic. By comparison, I have Nathan Karns who is a regular 4.5* Pitcher and his capped strength at Silver is 110. The difference is only 2 points overall between a 4.5 and 5 star player. Just an FYI. Lately, GLU has been giving detailed info in the "Announcement" section when they release POTWs. They'll tell you what the featured players overall strength will drop to after their boosted week ends. Look that info over before taking a chance on them.
  • Options
    Thanks BluBeard! I appreciate that. Yeah I have Taillon and the DH Ohtani as well. They're two of my better players, but good points made for sure on the POTW players... definitely making me reconsider picking those up.
  • Options
    Another thing to consider with the POW is that the points are good for one week anyway so after that no extra points for them. Consider the long run and only buy the POW, if you must, if it has players that would help you for the duration of the game and not just one week. Personally I would rather keep the gold and wait for Prime/Legend boxes that are rumored to be released around June/July.