My "Super Secret" Tips to help with events!

jmilesjmiles Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
edited April 2018 in General TSB Discussion
Hello fellow Tap Sports gamers! My tag is Jmiles and you can find me in alot of different games. I want to help you succeed in MLB Tap Sports so I will tell you acouple tips (some are obvious and if you are a "PRO" player please feel free to add on and not troll) and finally my "Super Secret Tip!" 

#1- Play the game (sim or manually) the more you play the more rewards you will get. There are alot of different modes (I will hit on some of my favorites later) that provides different rewards and as long as you dont spend your blue cash irresponsibly you shouldn't ever be in a position where you cant do anything. I like to save around 100k blue cash as a reserve but you will figure out how much you need to save depending on your activity level. 

#2- Join a active club, club rewards will help you grow and if you have a active club more likely then not 1 or more people will have the cards needed to "carry an event" into good rewards. That still means you should play the events (all points matters) just remember you wont be able to carry every event, you need your clubmates and that's alright. It's alright to leave the club your in if you are not having fun or your level of participation exceeds most clubmates, there are alot of fun and active clubs go find one. Do some research, find clubs with people as active as you are. If you have played 1000 games and your club isn't at your level of activity then look in world chat for people who are recruiting with similar games played. 

#3 If you need some ranked wins for level up, bonus games, franchise coins, or ice wraps and you have a bit of blue cash play the tournament!! OMG the tournament mode is usually cake and can even be simulated with some ease if the matchup is in your favor. The tournament boxes can provide 3-6 bonus games, franchise coins, or 3 ice wraps at the cost of 10k blue cash, which is how much 2 bonus games cost, but you get 4 games and every win counts towards your rank!! Good value if you win!! This is the reason to always have BLUE CASH reserve.. if your out of bonus games give the tournament a try, win and get these easy rewards to help. 

#4 Spoiler Alert!!! What you are about to read here is for your eyes and everyone else's eyes ONLY! Please do share and I promise you the rewards are AMAZING and ENDLESS. I hope GLU doesn't ban me for revealing this! 
Every MONDAY thers an event called Walk off Hero, this super secret event is the KEY to the rest of the week. This is one of my FAVORITE events and one of GLU's most generous events (in my opinion and experience). In the microtransactions game world, this event shouldn't exist so THANK YOU GLU! Let me explain, you can play UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF GAMES, and every win you get "amazing" rewards... compared to other events. I know your saying in your head I cant get past lvl 1-2-3-4-5, that's perfectly fine because every time you fail, you get to start over and play super easy games that last 1 minute, while collecting rewards such as... Bonus games, franchise coins, gold, blue cash, draft picks. Every game you win these rewards are given and not 100 blue cash, but 2000.

Walk off Hero event not only gives you these amazing rewards, this event could help you get millions in Blue cash, 100s of draft picks, alot of franchise coins ( my max has been 35 ), and 100s of bonus games. (Depending on the amount of games played, which are essentially how much you play because you can essentially play as much as you want). 

This events generosity will help with future events, the bonus games acquired will help with the bonus game event, you need players for a event or XP open a bunch of you packs you acquired on Monday. You need blue cash, cash in club loyalty points! This is one of my favorite things about Walk off Hero, since you can play as many games as you want that means you can collect as much CLUB LOYALTY POINTS AS YOU WANT!!! have you opened every loyalty box that's available in one day? I have and with every box giving 10-30k blue cash x 50 the minimum if SUPER UNLUCKY would be 500k blue cash!!! That's 100usd of blue cash for just playing on MONDAY!!  That's not including the 500k blue cash worth of packs, or the Gold it would cost for the amount of bonus games and franchise coins you will get. 

In conclusion, If you grind and play alot on mondays Walk off Hero event, you can make up to  and maybe more then 300usd worth of rewards for grinding hard for 1 day. Yes you can spend real money, I definitely have and will continue.. cough cough... round 10 of lvl 5 walk off hero event is kinda impossible without some gold saved up or super lucky. Overall this event helps in every aspect.. leveling up players, getting rewards to use on future events, and aquiring loyalty reward points for huge blue cash gains. 

I hope I helped some people out with this, I am not a super hardcore player in Tap Sports, I have about 1500 games played, I do the events and play when I can, but I have played alot of games with concepts similar with leveling up items to become more powerful, and I have never seen a event that rewards playing as much as Walk off Hero, and because the games sometimes only take 1 hit to win, the rewards just roll in. Dont tilt, if you lose think of the big picture and how much easy fast rewards you are going to get! 
Edit 1. 2k blue cash drops not 5k.

Comments

• Titan10Titan10 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    I 100% agree with the above statement. As for me what is also helped during walk off is upgrading my clutch performance in the intangibles. I mean when you think about it that event is all about being clutch. Now I cannot cycle as of yet my players are not five star however by upgrading my clutch performance I do much better.
  • YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Great post Jmiles .. I agree walkoff event fuels my team for the week with the rewards you can get ! 
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I agree with jmiles on the Walkoff event and the rewards it gives out. I do wish that GLU would fix a stupid little bug that was in 2017 as well though. On many occasions my batter starts off in the hit and fouled position and by the time he gets back to his batting stance it is too late to time a hit. For an event where one single hit could mean the difference between winning the round or going back to round one it gets real frustrating.

As stated I saw this but in 2017 as well but the batter would get back to his batting stance before the next pitch was thrown so it was no big deal. Not as much in 2018 as you can see by the videos I uploaded below:

https://youtu.be/MvTAlVwXKrc

https://youtu.be/2-temgV8hzg

https://youtu.be/hCQV-uHXTp4
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    I haven't encountered these bugs yet myself but that would be really frustrating. Are you on android or iphone? 
    Android. If you are on IOS and haven't encountered the bug then it may be an Android related issue.

• manny1220manny1220 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I'm the leader of a club. What is the best advice to give the lower players that are improving their team about walk off and slugfest? 
    edited April 2018
    manny there isn't really much to tell them other than maxing at least their top 5 batters if they want to have a shot at the Walkoff. If they are bronze and max their sluggers then they should do good in slugfest as maxing sluggers in bronze does not cost that much XP. I am silver myself and most of my sluggers are level 5 silver with the top 2 being maxed and level 8 and I easily go through the entire event 3 times.

Having your top guys maxed helps a lot for slugfest. When I was in bronze i cycled slugfest with ease 5 or 6 times without having to use gold. I was silver for the first time this week and cycled 4 times, but there was much more effort needed as the competition missed less pitches. Xp is costly. Save it up!
    You are right about XP. It is more rare than 2017 now as all players start off at bronze. Same goes for EVO too now which was rare as it was in 2017 but even more so now. I have had enough wins to jump gold for about 3 weeks now but have been putting it off to save more XP as I want to max all my top players once I do as I have some big 5 star hitters. Got about 75K XP and 170 EVO saved now but plan is to reach over 100K XP before I make the jump.

Want to wait until May to see what gifts GLU will throw my way as a VIP as the April gift was 100K XP so depending on what I get I may be in a real good position to go gold and then start saving again for Platinum.

I had 60k xp when I went silver and it disappeared quickly due to sluggers being expensive. I agree about not going to gold level until having 100k minimum xp. I'm thinking 150k. I'm not a VIP yet but that must be such a nice reward to get!
    VIP rewards definitely make a big difference. Especially in 2017 as I used to get 50K Legend XP almost monthly which helped a lot once I went Platinum.

That's amazing! Legend xp was tough to come by
  • sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    jmiles said:
    Hello fellow Tap Sports gamers! My tag is Jmiles and you can find me in alot of different games. I want to help you succeed in MLB Tap Sports so I will tell you acouple tips (some are obvious and if you are a "PRO" player please feel free to add on and not troll) and finally my "Super Secret Tip!" 

#1- Play the game (sim or manually) the more you play the more rewards you will get. There are alot of different modes (I will hit on some of my favorites later) that provides different rewards and as long as you dont spend your blue cash irresponsibly you shouldn't ever be in a position where you cant do anything. I like to save around 100k blue cash as a reserve but you will figure out how much you need to save depending on your activity level. 

#2- Join a active club, club rewards will help you grow and if you have a active club more likely then not 1 or more people will have the cards needed to "carry an event" into good rewards. That still means you should play the events (all points matters) just remember you wont be able to carry every event, you need your clubmates and that's alright. It's alright to leave the club your in if you are not having fun or your level of participation exceeds most clubmates, there are alot of fun and active clubs go find one. Do some research, find clubs with people as active as you are. If you have played 1000 games and your club isn't at your level of activity then look in world chat for people who are recruiting with similar games played. 

#3 If you need some ranked wins for level up, bonus games, franchise coins, or ice wraps and you have a bit of blue cash play the tournament!! OMG the tournament mode is usually cake and can even be simulated with some ease if the matchup is in your favor. The tournament boxes can provide 3-6 bonus games, franchise coins, or 3 ice wraps at the cost of 10k blue cash, which is how much 2 bonus games cost, but you get 4 games and every win counts towards your rank!! Good value if you win!! This is the reason to always have BLUE CASH reserve.. if your out of bonus games give the tournament a try, win and get these easy rewards to help. 

#4 Spoiler Alert!!! What you are about to read here is for your eyes and everyone else's eyes ONLY! Please do share and I promise you the rewards are AMAZING and ENDLESS. I hope GLU doesn't ban me for revealing this! 
    Every MONDAY thers an event called Walk off Hero, this super secret event is the KEY to the rest of the week. This is one of my FAVORITE events and one of GLU's most generous events (in my opinion and experience). In the microtransactions game world, this event shouldn't exist so THANK YOU GLU! Let me explain, you can play UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF GAMES, and every win you get "amazing" rewards... compared to other events. I know your saying in your head I cant get past lvl 1-2-3-4-5, that's perfectly fine because every time you fail, you get to start over and play super easy games that last 1 minute, while collecting rewards such as... Bonus games, franchise coins, gold, blue cash, draft picks. Every game you win these rewards are given and not 100 blue cash, but 2000.

Walk off Hero event not only gives you these amazing rewards, this event could help you get millions in Blue cash, 100s of draft picks, alot of franchise coins ( my max has been 35 ), and 100s of bonus games. (Depending on the amount of games played, which are essentially how much you play because you can essentially play as much as you want). 

This events generosity will help with future events, the bonus games acquired will help with the bonus game event, you need players for a event or XP open a bunch of you packs you acquired on Monday. You need blue cash, cash in club loyalty points! This is one of my favorite things about Walk off Hero, since you can play as many games as you want that means you can collect as much CLUB LOYALTY POINTS AS YOU WANT!!! have you opened every loyalty box that's available in one day? I have and with every box giving 10-30k blue cash x 50 the minimum if SUPER UNLUCKY would be 500k blue cash!!! That's 100usd of blue cash for just playing on MONDAY!!  That's not including the 500k blue cash worth of packs, or the Gold it would cost for the amount of bonus games and franchise coins you will get. 

In conclusion, If you grind and play alot on mondays Walk off Hero event, you can make up to  and maybe more then 300usd worth of rewards for grinding hard for 1 day. Yes you can spend real money, I definitely have and will continue.. cough cough... round 10 of lvl 5 walk off hero event is kinda impossible without some gold saved up or super lucky. Overall this event helps in every aspect.. leveling up players, getting rewards to use on future events, and aquiring loyalty reward points for huge blue cash gains. 

I hope I helped some people out with this, I am not a super hardcore player in Tap Sports, I have about 1500 games played, I do the events and play when I can, but I have played alot of games with concepts similar with leveling up items to become more powerful, and I have never seen a event that rewards playing as much as Walk off Hero, and because the games sometimes only take 1 hit to win, the rewards just roll in. Dont tilt, if you lose think of the big picture and how much easy fast rewards you are going to get! 
    Edit 1. 2k blue cash drops not 5k.
    Couldn't have said it better. Thanks for the info 
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    I would like to be experiencing the same results in Walk -off Hero.  I don't know why, but I can't get anywhere with it.  Level 1, maybe level 2 is the max I can get through.  Suxxxx.   I have my team upgrades to the MAX and all players used are Lvl10 for their division.  I show the utmost discipline by never swinging at the first 2 pitches and only swinging on a full count.  Perfect approach.  My lineup is based on my best hitters, for the most part.  I think I oughta be going through the cycle over and over in this event, as well as Slugfest.  I'm happy you all are loving your events, but I want my success too.  

I'd like to add something to the original post above about playing often and the perks.  Bonus games can be bought for $5000 per game and there is NO need to buy tourney entrees, which are cheaper than $5000 in Bronze, but cost more in Silver.  But if you are in a Club, then do your donating.  Every bonus game played is 40 gloves, so after a while you will have accumulated a lot of gloves.  Buy the Club box.  It is often filled with $$$.  Spend the cash on bonus games and do it all again.  If you start with a couple hundred thousand in Glu cash, you can follow these instructions and play 100 games per day.  The more games you play, the better and more rewards you get.  

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I agree PaidOff. I am in the same boat. I cannot get past level 2 most weeks. Some of my club mates cycle on Mon and Wed with ease while me I struggle all day long with frustration, Your tier level plays a huge impact on how far you can get. That said, I am extremely pissed with GLU at the moment with there 250 pts for bonus weekend. I have 6 guys in my line up which is rare on most events and I am barely able to get anywhere. Its ridiculous. They also changed the ranking systems from top 100 accolades to only top 25 as well. My club finished top 100 all week and got noting for it for accolades. Alot of people are very upset with the change, especially without notice to players. GLU does not care who they affect as long as they keep there top players and club happy. Which they are doing now. Why do you think always see Spartans and Legendz and other to clubs with 50m+ pts each weekend. Its a joke that they only reward their top clubs. Things better change or I myself and many others will not be spending another dime. Even a simple response would be nice, but we dont even get that. Most likely my posts will be deleted so people wont see how mad people are. They did this on Twitter and Facebook when people never got there switch over gifts. People asked what was going on... They just deleted the post. Very professional.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Houmy said:

Android. If you are on IOS and haven't encountered the bug then it may be an Android related issue.

I also have heard about the issues being mostly with android users.
  • TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    Houmy said:

Im android and havent experienced it. If I did I would try to swing at the first pitch and not make contact so the batter gets set to the normal position.
    Ive experienced this and come to find out that the first pitch right after is usually straight down the middle.
  • timtaw76timtaw76 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Is it good to spend real cash for combo packs or is it a waste of our hard working $$
  • Annata20Annata20 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Very useful minecraftle tips, thanks for sharing