What do you think of the prime boxes?

Titan10Titan10 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
I'm a big fan however the odds are poor in getting the prime player of that box. Is it worth the gold or save that 1500 in gold for a long win streak?

Comments

• Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Trying to decide myself. Odds are low. 2.5% at getting the prime player and 7% for turner. There are 11 items in the box and only 4 of them I would be ok with getting. Prime Harper, 5 star turner, prime xp since its finally introduced, and the #1 draft picks. Everything else would be a bust in my opinion. I'm tempted to buy it still because the prime player will be a permanent roster position for the rest of the season. Let me know what you do!
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Not worth it
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    Finally went for the prime box. I'm now short 1500 gold and 5500 xp richer. Wish it was prime xp instead
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Personally I wouldn't worry about Prime boxes until I have a good number of Prime XP saved up. Already have 5 star Harper maxed at 127 in Silver with a .413 BA and with the Prime version starting at 109 and no XP to level him up it makes more sense to stick with any 5 stars that we have.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Yea If you can't level him up to be on par with who you currently have then it's just for looks lol. Waiting for prime xp to be in the club events
    It would be nice to have Prime XP added to the events. Or for the regular season 116 game payouts to be prime boxes and Legend XP again but they added that late last season so it will probably be a while for that again. Having said that once Legend only boxes come out I would get a few even if I don't have the XP as I just can't help myself :smile:

• Titan10Titan10 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Well I couldn't pull the trigger on the prime Harper box. I went a different direction and went for the Dodgers National box. 1st draft 5 star Bellinger. I then was like wow ok 1 more I got Kemp. Do I need to say I immediately left and went to my local gas station to purchase a lotto ticket.
    I would have stopped at bellinger and kemp too! But I really wanted grandal. Got xp 
    edited April 2018
    Well I won two boxes from the freestufffriday promotion on GLU's twitter and ended up getting Brian Goodwin and 300XP. Traded Goodwin in though as I already have 3 maxed 5 star outfielders. If you guys don't follow GLU on twitter you should as their freestufffriday give you a good shot at winning boxes.

I won tonight too! #18 spot
    i got gio & xp
    edited April 2018
    #50 myself 91braves91. Same name on 17 & 18 versions. It sucks that they don't do this for the 17 version anymore.

• sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Titan10 said:
    I'm a big fan however the odds are poor in getting the prime player of that box. Is it worth the gold or save that 1500 in gold for a long win streak?
    I cannot risk that much gold for a 2.5 percent chance. Save gold or go for streaks. 
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  

Trying to decide myself. Odds are low. 2.5% at getting the prime player and 7% for turner. There are 11 items in the box and only 4 of them I would be ok with getting. Prime Harper, 5 star turner, prime xp since its finally introduced, and the #1 draft picks. Everything else would be a bust in my opinion. I'm tempted to buy it still because the prime player will be a permanent roster position for the rest of the season. Let me know what you do!

If it was more than 2.5% i would lol. give me a 3% chance and done
    Houmy said:

Personally I wouldn't worry about Prime boxes until I have a good number of Prime XP saved up. Already have 5 star Harper maxed at 127 in Silver with a .413 BA and with the Prime version starting at 109 and no XP to level him up it makes more sense to stick with any 5 stars that we have.

smart thinking

Finally went for the prime box. I'm now short 1500 gold and 5500 xp richer. Wish it was prime xp instead

how does that make you feel
    Houmy said:

Well I won two boxes from the freestufffriday promotion on GLU's twitter and ended up getting Brian Goodwin and 300XP. Traded Goodwin in though as I already have 3 maxed 5 star outfielders. If you guys don't follow GLU on twitter you should as their freestufffriday give you a good shot at winning boxes.

ive played 20 times and nothing

ive played 20 times and nothing

I know. It can be frustrating. I think I only won twice or maybe three times in 2017 and this is the 1st one this year.