Can’t recover team via facebook

redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
I had some issues with the app not responding so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and when I went to recover my team by logging into Facebook the game would not link to Facebook so I lost access to my team, especially frustrating when I had the special player for the walk off event today (Ozuna).  I put in a ticket shortly after but have yet to receive a response.

Comments

• EndpointEndpoint Registered Users, Member 67 Posts
    The answer is to just stop playing. Whatever they are doing is negatively affecting your gameplay. Luckily I saw this before I made a purchase. There's no reason to put money into something when the dev staff is actively working against your enjoyment.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    4+ days in, customer service 2 days ago saw that my account is linked to a Facebook account but only offered up that I make sure I was logged in at Facebook before launching the game .  I replied back that I would like them to tie my account to the email address associated with the Facebook account so that I don’t have to deal with linking and all that.  It has been over 48 hours waiting on a response.   Lesson for everyone is to not uninstall if at all possible, even having your account backed up with social media didn’t prevent this disaster.  I was really enjoying myself before this having spent a nominal amount on gold packs and the stadium investment.  All I want to do is play the game I spent money on.
  • sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    I had some issues with the app not responding so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and when I went to recover my team by logging into Facebook the game would not link to Facebook so I lost access to my team, especially frustrating when I had the special player for the walk off event today (Ozuna).  I put in a ticket shortly after but have yet to receive a response.
    Wow that sucks. Sorry 
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    Please keep us updated on this, redlegs2018u.  I'm sorry to hear the gut wrenching details, but the questions on this subject are boundless.  

I am anticipating the same thing that happened to you happening to me.  Do you back up your device to a storage or cloud?  
  • BiggDBoBiggDBo Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Had the same issue. Here's how I got it to work:

I had to uninstall again, install the Facebook app, login to my Facebook account on the app (using your browser doesn't work), reinstall TSB18, THEN use the Facebook link button in the settings menu of TSB18.

Hope that makes sense and helps. I missed 2 weekend events because of that, and got kicked from my club. They had no idea why I was gone, and I couldn't contact anyone. It was a hassle!
  • Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    That's awful about your club but you are back in the game! Hopefully they let you back in!
    I back up my phone to iCloud via a family package (200 gb) baby pictures mostly.
    I tried to uninstall both the app and the Facebook app, reinstalled both and still couldn’t log into the game.  I’ve sent 3 tickets, I’m getting tired of the generic (we looked at the logs you link through Facebook and you can only use one device.). I know that, I have only used this device to play with that account.  I had to reinstall and Facebook won’t link to my team.  It’s been a week I just want to use the product I paid for....  
  • Baseballplaya1Baseballplaya1 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I'm in the same boat man. At least you've gotten a response from support. I've sent four tickets and they haven't answered yet. I've got 12k gold to spend and I was locked out all weekend and couldn't spent it for the fan rewards...
    What baffles me is that this is just a simple login issue, the vast majority of companies I’ve dealt with in the past that I’ve had similar problems with resolve these kinds of things within a day if not minutes.  I suspect the single login per device is the culprit and their inability to see you’ve reinstalled on the same device.  I can understand trying to deal with hacking/cheating issues but this issue is locking legitimate customers from their accounts for the crime of just uninstalling and reloading or getting a new device and wanting to continue their progress.  I’m sorry if it seems like I’m whining I’m just appalled at what appears to be overwhelmed/substandard customer service, I hope it’s just overwhelmed and not just poor but I’m wondering why I’m still pursuing this other than just principle at this point.
  • sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Its a known issue and from what i heard about it, GLU is aware but hasnt done anything to address it. It is seriously a waiting game for most people
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • HELLOTHEREFRIENDHELLOTHEREFRIEND Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Same exact thing happened to me. I’ve tried everything you can think of. Ive lost hope at this point. Please let me know if anything happens for you.
    After numerous tickets and some miscommunication I finally got them to link my account to an email address and password that I provided to them, only when I logged in to it, the team on that account was the team that was sitting on the device when I uninstalled. After that happened, I said well hell I'll hit the facebook button one more time to see what happened and what do you know, my team showed back up again. I'm not sure if this helps anybody but I figured I'd share what the resolution for me was anyway. The painful part was trying to communicate that I was indeed aware of their one device per account policy, that Facebook wasn't linking the account and I was indeed logged into Facebook and that I have only used my iPhone to play the game. That, and the enormous wait times, that ranged from 2 to 5 days per ticket. Be sure when submitting tickets you're taking screenshots and thoroughly explaining what exactly happened. Hopefully you have better luck with customer service than I did initially.
  • TOUGHNUTZTOUGHNUTZ Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    log out of Facebook app clear safari history and close all pages , login to Facebook app then MLB account on the app (make sure you log into facebook on th app and dont use safari ), reinstall TSB18, THEN use the Facebook link button in the settings menu of TSB18. this should work
    TOUGHNUTS ( NO HALF SENDERS and TSB GRINDERS ) FORMALLY BIGGYBANANAS ( TSB 17 )
  • IsraeliCamelsIsraeliCamels Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    I had the same issue I had a big team from 2017 Tap that I couldn't get back even though it was linked through email.. I hope yours get solved :(