Options

Leveling up Tiers - Worth it?

10OCLOCKTHUNDER10OCLOCKTHUNDER Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
It is pretty clear so far in TSB18 that leveling a team past Bronze tier is pointless since since Glu changed the setting where all players start at Bronze 1 regardless of team tier. By doing this Glu is actually PENALIZING users who have spend time, effort, and money to level up their teams for three basic reasons:
a) the system seems to match teams within tiers for sprint and bonus events, so users level players to Bronze 10 (one of the amazingly somewhat affordable things to do in TSB18), those teams with higher star rated players will still be dominant.
b) when new bonus events are announced, Bronze tier teams avoid the TAX (which is precisely what it is) that Silver, Gold, etc. teams have to pay in XP, cash, and gold to level new players (even those they spend gold to acquire in special boxes/picks!!) to current team tier just so they can to keep up with the match-ups
c) the rewards received for leveling a team up don't come close to compensating for the TAX of leveling players

Any thoughts on this? To me, changing this rule from TSB17 this is a transparent money grab by Glu, and doesn't encourage users to advance their teams since the only benefits are making it a little easier to get through Tower or WoH events (but ONLY IF they level up their players!!) . I leveled to Silver and am quickly regretting I did so.
@Glu Development Team - not sure what else to tell you besides change this rule soon and consider compensating users that made the effort to play the game as you intended by advancing their teams.

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I have to sort of agree with you in the sense that the lower tier teams do not have to spend as much on their players. i.e) the gold, xp, evo, etc. I made the jump to gold early and it really makes a difference during certain events. And for me to level my gold guys from silver costs me 100g and 10 evo a piece. If you think about it, its alot to level your entire team to that level. When you stay in bronze or even silver.. Its much more affordable to stay and reap the rewards. Such as the WH event and Derby where if you are good enough you will acquire new players on a weekly basis. Especially now that they added prime XP. The lower tier teams are cleaning up and stock up at lower levels and not paying a premium or tax as you call it like the higher clubs. I 100% regret going to gold but already invested too much to quit and start over. Silver tier you can still get away with because its not that expensive for gold and evo. But once you hit gold level its a lot. I know that after a certain amount of games played the lower tier teams get matched against higher levels to force them to upgrade their tiers. But in the mean time it makes sense not to go past silver level. You acquire the same players as everyone else but a much lower cost overall. This is one aspect that should change.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    They seem to max you out on games in silver as well.  That the nature of this game. To move to gold cost so much to invest in those players and to trade in old player it seems that you do get back as much as you spent.   🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I agree. Gold is very expensive for leveling up.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    It is expensive and can be a pain to level them up. THat why i use videos to get improve boxes
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts

It is pretty clear so far in TSB18 that leveling a team past Bronze tier is pointless since since Glu changed the setting where all players start at Bronze 1 regardless of team tier. By doing this Glu is actually PENALIZING users who have spend time, effort, and money to level up their teams for three basic reasons:
    a) the system seems to match teams within tiers for sprint and bonus events, so users level players to Bronze 10 (one of the amazingly somewhat affordable things to do in TSB18), those teams with higher star rated players will still be dominant.
    b) when new bonus events are announced, Bronze tier teams avoid the TAX (which is precisely what it is) that Silver, Gold, etc. teams have to pay in XP, cash, and gold to level new players (even those they spend gold to acquire in special boxes/picks!!) to current team tier just so they can to keep up with the match-ups
    c) the rewards received for leveling a team up don't come close to compensating for the TAX of leveling players

Any thoughts on this? To me, changing this rule from TSB17 this is a transparent money grab by Glu, and doesn't encourage users to advance their teams since the only benefits are making it a little easier to get through Tower or WoH events (but ONLY IF they level up their players!!) . I leveled to Silver and am quickly regretting I did so.
    @Glu Development Team - not sure what else to tell you besides change this rule soon and consider compensating users that made the effort to play the game as you intended by advancing their teams.

sadly leveling up too fast is a mistake that about 90% of us make. I am taking my time. I dont mind being silver until i am maxed out everywhere else.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    I am silver . Wish I had stayed Bronze until maxed. I will not make that mistake by going gold too soon. It only gets harder for walk off and sluggfest the higher you go . 
  • Options
    luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    I am staying in silver but my team is improving. 
    I don’t have any prime players yet but I’m up to about 45K team strength. 
    I am getting slaughtered in the bonus game event today. I’m being matched with all gold teams and the pitchers have such high numbers compared to silver. I guess Glu is trying to tell me to move up to gold but I don’t have the resources to level up enough of my
    players yet. The matchups don’t seem to be quite as bad on the weekend event and the sprint so I guess I’ll just have to suck it up and take my medicine today. Ouch!
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Yeah for some reason the bonus game event matchups are crazy hard compared to prime event . But I can’t seem to get More than a 12 streak in prime and that’s with the win streak accolade . Without it I might be getting 5-6 game streaks . I am matched with teams 10-15 k weaker and still lose . I am almost max silver also 
  • Options
    scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I've leveled to gold IV fairly quickly and had minimal problems staying competitive . Been able to rack up long streaks using franchise players in prime events.  Still have a .750win percentage overall.  It is much more time consuming now trading in low level players to get exp . I feel I've made much more progress in team strength and rewardsrewar in '17 when I took it slow

When I reach tier playoffs I generally outrank the opponent significantly .