Options

Jeff Samardzija....

mdivelymdively Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
Anybody have him maxed at the top of silver and can share his stats?  His stuff rating is on the low side and I’m debating not wasting XP on him since I have a 4 Star Arrieta with a very high stuff rating maxed out at silver. Appreciate any feedback!

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I had Arietta last year and loved him. I don’t have Jeff, so I can’t comment on what he looks like maxed at silver. Honestly, I wouldn’t waste the XP on Samardzija. I would keep Arietta. Even though his max in platinum, you’ll probably have someone better than both of them by the time you reach diamond
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I would max him if your other starters aren't at least 4 stars with good era. 4.5 star is not that bad and he is a solid one so he should give you good results. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    My advice is if you are deciding between these 2 as if they are for the 5th pitcher spot of course. I would keep Arietta over Jeff as the 5th pitcher
  • Options
    goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    I have Jake and I am keeping him.  Great for back up.   Picked up a couple other 4 start players that have strong arms too.   I have heard that some of the 4 stars are better than the 5 in strength sometimes.   I don’t know if that is certainly true or not.  🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    My advice is if you are deciding between these 2 as if they are for the 5th pitcher spot of course. I would keep Arietta over Jeff as the 5th pitcher
    Yep - you are spot on, this is for my 5th pitcher spot. Maybe worth to keep Samardzija on the bench when Arrieta is topped out...
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Also, its a good idea to keep any 4 stars and higher on your inactive rosters. You never know when they might be used as bonus players. Keep them for now and when better players come along you get rid of them for the XP.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    Also, its a good idea to keep any 4 stars and higher on your inactive rosters. You never know when they might be used as bonus players. Keep them for now and when better players come along you get rid of them for the XP.
    Will definitely keep Arrieta on - it’s hard to part with that awesome beard!
  • Options
    TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

I did this in 2017 but in 2018 where they all start at bronze I have a hard time getting myself to spend money and xp on an inactive player.
  • Options
    I did this in 2017 but in 2018 where they all start at bronze I have a hard time getting myself to spend money and xp on an inactive player.
    I started to save my players (3.5 and better) and not level them up, but just keep them. I traded in all the 3.5 and 4 star players I had that weren’t leveled up to boost the rest of my team and max them out. I am still keeping the 4.5 stars I had and the players who I have leveled up, but not maxed (silver 8,9). I’m not going to level them up unless they become bonus players and I have the XP available of course, but it won’t hurt to keep them if you can. Could save you gold on buying boxes to get someone and then level them up from scratch for bonus points during an event
  • Options
    I started to save my players (3.5 and better) and not level them up, but just keep them. I traded in all the 3.5 and 4 star players I had that weren’t leveled up to boost the rest of my team and max them out. I am still keeping the 4.5 stars I had and the players who I have leveled up, but not maxed (silver 8,9). I’m not going to level them up unless they become bonus players and I have the XP available of course, but it won’t hurt to keep them if you can. Could save you gold on buying boxes to get someone and then level them up from scratch for bonus points during an event
    Totally agree with you here - that’s the logic that I’m applying as well. 
  • Options
    TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    I am saving the ones I have leveled up. I spent almost 4100 gold this weekend and got 5 players 4.5 star and up and kept the ones above 4 star it put inactive.
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    mdively said:

dkarski87 said:

Will definitely keep Arrieta on - it’s hard to part with that awesome beard!

HAHA
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

I had 11 at one point on my bench and chose to trade some in for xp
  • Options
    I had 11 at one point on my bench and chose to trade some in for xp
    Ya when you get to that point it’s hard to justify keeping them on. As I level up and I’m in greater need of XP, I’m sure I will grow less attached. 
  • Options
    The only ones i keep now are 4.5 or better because they will hang around for a while