Options

Slugger roster

BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
what do you think it would take to get inactives for our slugger roster’s from Glu?  With the bonus points playing such a vital role in getting the accolade that most care about the most, I would love to be able to have more than 12 sluggers to chose from

Comments

• Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Makes sense, but if you cycle the current week you will have the bonus anyway
  • Options
    I had some people in my club who, unwisely, set their roster to current. They missed out the first time through on getting Cruz this week. I would just like to have the options as well, just like the other 6 days of the week
  • Options
    That's awful to hear regarding having roster set to current. Member in my club mentioned that as well.
  • Options
    Roundthebases123Roundthebases123 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Set roster to potential?
  • Options
    Yes. If you set to potential then you won't be forced to Miss out on sluggers or hitters / pitchers that new additions and highly rated. If your team is full of players in silver and you draft a bronze 5 star player they will be weaker overall so if you have roster set to current it will trade them in sadly. 
  • Options
    Roundthebases123Roundthebases123 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Thank you so much bizy!!!!!
  • Options
    Always glad to help
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Inactive sluggers don't really make sense as the major bonus points are for the slugfest top prize anyway. If some teams cycle and keep using the bonus slugger from that event the 1000 or so extra points you get from non-event bonus sluggers wouldn't make a difference 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:
    Inactive sluggers don't really make sense as the major bonus points are for the slugfest top prize anyway. If some teams cycle and keep using the bonus slugger from that event the 1000 or so extra points you get from non-event bonus sluggers wouldn't make a difference 
    If I could have 2 players who get 250 per HR and use them for the first 2 rounds, that adds up. I can cycle through, but some in my club can’t. I’d like to have the option at least
  • Options
    I agree with that. My point is that without the main bonus slugger it still wouldn't help you get high enough in rankings to get better prizes. An example is this past Wednesday where I was able to get 600K points in just one hour with the bonus slugger

• Options
    JakeFromStFarmJakeFromStFarm Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    With all drafted players being bronze 1 this year it would be nice to have some inactive sluggers. I have had sluggers replaced mid event that were of course bronze 1, my team is gold.  It takes alot if xp and evo to level them up to make them useful during derby events, having the option to lock some in would help tremendously 
  • Options
    Jake if you do not want them replaced all you have to do is change the roster decision from "Potential" to "Current" and that way when you draft a new slugger they would not be added to your roster if their rating is lower than your lowest slugger. Of course this way you may not get some 4.5-5 star sluggers and would not get the prize slugger if you cycle as well. If you want to do this and still get the prize slugger when you cycle just change the settings back to potential right before you go the last round to cycle.

In case you do not know where to find the current-potential setting it is:

TEAM=>GAMEDAY=>STRATEGY=>ROSTER DECISION

• Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts

Set roster to potential?

I always have it on potential. My personal horrible experience was I lost a 5 star because i had 2.5 stars higher. This happened more than once.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it