Options

New APP update & new features - 04/26/2018

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
Something went wrong and the previous post did not go through so I apologize if this is a duplicate.

OK so we received a new and I believe the 1st update since the U.S. release last night and so far this is what I have noticed about the new features:
  1. Team Menu now has a tab for your custom legend
    • You can reset your legend now using gold. Be aware that all upgrades to the Legend will be lost
    • You can make the legend inactive now. To do so click on his position latters (DH, 1B, OF etc..) and select inactive.
    • Green XP: There is now a Green "CUSTOM XP" under your legend tab which can be used to level up legend players. Not sure how/when we can earn green XP. I am guessing that when you level up a legend enough with regular XP it would go over to green XP. Probably the same for his skill level upgrades.
  2. Custom Legend can be used in more modes now
    • Ability to use custom legend in Slugfest
    • Ability to use custom legend in bonus games & match me games. I am guessing your custom legend would work the same way as a franchise player as to when he would be put in the rotation. If he is stronger than one of your normal players he would take over that position during the game. To prevent him from doing so you could go to the TEAM/MY LEGEND tab and mark him as inactive by clicking on his position letters and selecting inactive
  3. VIP Lounge: There is really nothing in the VIP lounge as of yet. It has 3 tabs
    • EVENT
    • WALL OF FAME
    • INFO & HOTLINE
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Houmy,
    Is there a button that allows you to invite other players in the lounge ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Well put houmy. Will catch ya in the lounge one day
  • Options

That would be great buddy. Hopefully we'll have a lot of prime & legend players to brag about by then. I log in to 2017 once in a while just to go through my roster to give my self hope for the future legends and primes in 2018 :D

• Options
    My starting pitchers were legends across the board. Missing them and Ted Williams lol
  • Options
    O bizy please don't bring up Ted. I spent $150 last month before 2018 came out getting Ted in 2017 during the fan rewards. I miss him so much. lol. He was my favorite player going up and I had to get him in 2017. Wish I bring him over into 18.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    He's the one player I would choose to bring over 
  • Options
    Don't even start with me with the starting rotation and Ted. Ted and Signature Forsythe helped me cycle the Walkoff more times than I can remember. If GLU would allow you to bring your 2017 Legends & Primes over to 2018 for $100.00 each I would be so broke right now.

• Options
  • Options
    That is impressive Houmy. I would take just 1 of your players and be happy. How did you score so many legends?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Was tough to level these guys up
  • Options
    Isn't Vida just awesome? I cycled Walkoff 7 times for him hence the level 7. Ted was my first Walkoff win and he is the only one I had enough XP for to take Diamond before 2018 came out and GLU stopped gifting us with VIP XP.

• Options
    Now you guys are just showing off. ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    JFalls0705JFalls0705 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    How do you get access to the VIP lounge? Where is it located? Etc?
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

That is impressive Houmy. I would take just 1 of your players and be happy. How did you score so many legends?

Most of them through Walkoff events. Although Ted at diamond level 1 is a beast Chipper is my favorite though as I am a Braves fan and he also happens to be one of the best switch hitters around.

• Options

How do you get access to the VIP lounge? Where is it located? Etc?

You have to be VIP and if so with the new update it shows right next to your club tab under main menu.

• Options
    Houmy. Ted was my first walk off win as well. Cycled maybe 4 times that day. The event definitely got harder week after week
  • Options
    It did get harder but once I maxed my signature Forsythe and Ted it became a walk in the park. I would normally go level 5 with only losing once or twice on the last two pitchers.

• Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Does the legend automatically get inserted into the line up or is there something i must do to put him there? His setting is OF and not "inactive" but i dont see anything that would indicate he is playing in today's bonus games...
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    Check your stats after games and look for your legend. Also, you can go to achievements, then select batting and look for his career stats which should be solely as of today. Only way he wouldn't be playing is if you have 3 OF's better than him
  • Options
    SandpipersSandpipers Registered Users, Member 1,327 Posts
    Oops..just checked the stats page...he's been playing... capped xp and he's  only hitting .286 lol 
    It's all done with mirrors
  • Options
    My guy is silver 8 and batting under .250! 
  • Options
    The legend has only been active in games where he can earn stats since last night's update so give it a day or two and his stats will go up.

• Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts

hopefully i am not too far behind ya fine folks. Keep a seat warm for me.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    Also in the new update is something about a new rush reward event? Does anyone know what that is?
    Also, some of the guys in my club were confused about playing the created legend. The player will not appear in your list of batters or your “lineup”. He will only appear in the box score and of course he will appear under the statistics tab. 
  • Options
    The legend plays like a franchise player. If he has better stats than your regular players then he will play

• Options
    TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    If you go to your legend and look just above his name you will see "line up status" there you can change whether he is to play the position you designed him to, DH, or you can set him as inactive.
  • Options
    luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    Got it. Thank you!
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    My legend is better than my catcher and i have him active and his stats are not changing at all. still says 5 games played. hmmm
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it