Player Ratings

elksteakselksteaks Registered Users 27 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has noticed something like this but I have a 5 star Puig and a 4.5 star Rizzo, neither who were POTW, and are both at gold level 4. Both players have a 130 rating, and overall Rizzo has better stats than Puig. You would think that the 5 star player would be higher rated. Not sure if this will straighten out when they are at level 10, but may need to be careful on who you trade in whenever that time comes!

Comments

• ceejayandersonceejayanderson Registered Users 24 Posts
    Check their max overall. Might not be too much of a difference 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    There are various levels of 4.5 and 5 star players. I have a few 5 star players but they are of lower caliber. I have Dozier at second base and he is a 5 star. But when you look at rizzo, which I also have there max differential is only off by a couple points. When I compare dozier to my Bellinger or Justin Turner which are 5 stars, there max is closer to 270. So there is a difference between 5 star players varys. So yes, keep that in mind who you chose to upgrade.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • elksteakselksteaks Registered Users 27 Posts
    Good call - Puig has a max of 263 while Rizzo is at 262. So this will probably be off and on for awhile. Guess I don’t recall seeing this in the 2017 version. Thanks!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    np
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Something that was of interest to me on my team was that I got POTW Verlander (yes I know stats go down after time) and he was a five star and I also have 2 different Paxtons from Sea and one that is the canadian one and the other is a regular paxton. Both easily passed by Verlander when capped. Verlander is now a 112 and paxton is 125 and 119. I would have thought verlander would be higher.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • IsraeliCamelsIsraeliCamels Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    They do need to do some tweaks on the star rating/levels It sometimes doesn't make sense.