Sluggers needed - TSB 2018

HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
We had one team member that was good at slugging drop out and even without him we finished in 4th place last week. Need a solid slugger that can post at least 400K points during slugfest so that we can try for top 2 spots. PM me your team name for an invite if interested and can post that many points.
"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Prev1

Comments

• sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    damn. i hope you get someone to replace him. best of luck
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Thanks. We always finish top 5 in slugfest and if we had him last week we would have easily been 1st or 2nd and not 4th.

what are you sluggers looking like
    This is what I have so far

I got screwed on George Springer a few weeks back. Had my setting set to current vs potential and when I cycled I didn't get Springer as his numbers were lower than my sluggers.

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Sweet sluggers.... sorry but cant help you in this event. Slugfest is my weakest event. Especially in gold level. If I could restart I would but already spent some decent money for 18.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    so far. 
    Houmy said:

I got screwed on George Springer a few weeks back. Had my setting set to current vs potential and when I cycled I didn't get Springer as his numbers were lower than my sluggers.

i did that 2 weeks ago
  • goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    I am still struggling with sluggers.   Need some 5 star players.  👍
  • Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    I'm a beast! Lol but not looking change clubs. I was hitting 2M in bronze. Last week was first week in silver
    Nice, man whats the trick here. I get so frustrated with this event cause sometimes if you just miss 1 HR you loose and have to start offer. Sweet line up Bizy.
    – The Great Houmy
    Are you bronze or silver tier?
    I stupidly made the jump early to gold and now suffering in some events. I still put up good points but I suffer some days for Walk Off and Derby. If I could start over I would but already spent too much to loose the team I built for nothing. I kept doing well in bonus game events and others that I was making playoff tiers every other day at times. Wish I just stayed silver and killed it like most people are doing now. If I started over now I would lose my entire team which is mainly 5 and 4.5s... That said, it will take me some time to get them capped, at least a few months if I had to guess.

– The Great Houmy
    Sluggers take a long time to max in gold or platinum. I know the pain from last year
    Well last year wasn't bad because you tier would get you players from the same level. So when I was platinum I would get Plat sluggers. In this version its not the case, its gonna cost a lot regardless to level up players past silver. Even in gold I am finding it hard to gain enough XP to level up my guys. and my club does pretty well in almost every event. So far this season I have only gotten 1 5star players from gold picks. Almost every pick from gold seems to be a 3 or 3.5s. I have pulled 4 five star players from silver picks lol. So its all random of course but I am having but luck on silver picks then with goldies. For all those listening, stay in silver as long as you can. You will benefit more from it.
    – The Great Houmy
    I have gotten more 5 stars from silver picks as well so weird. Yea people who are considering moving to gold. Stack up xp! A ton!
    Yeap. Also be careful who you choose to upgrade. Evo will become a commodity down the road. When I made the jump to gold I had about 160 evo saved. After upgrading 3/4 of my team I have like 30 left. So choose carefully which players you want to upgrade. Last weekend I spent alot of XP and gold upgrading a bonus player for the event. He is a 4.5s but now that I think about it... It was not worth the XP or gold. The bonus pts were 250 per hit and I leveled him up from bronze 1 to gold 2. All just to use as a bonus player for an event that was worthless. Such a waste of resources. Lesson learned, some players even though seem to be good might not be worth leveling up if your looking at the larger picture down the road....
    – The Great Houmy
    i am starting to save up my evo now. I am only using it on 4.5 or higher players

I have gotten more 5 stars from silver picks as well so weird. Yea people who are considering moving to gold. Stack up xp! A ton!

I will be stacking up on the xp soon. I am sure it will be brutal
  • goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    edited April 2018
    Have you seen the monster bundles that have x amount of Gold with x amount of evo coins?   I had this one come through on me.  This is what I would have to do to level up to Gold I am sure.  😂    
    I've seen the one with same gold but 11,000 prime xp. Was tempted lol
    Yeap I have been getting those as well. If you guys are staying in silver long enough you should be able to rack up enough evo to make the jump to gold with your whole team. Only 10 evo per player for gold. Capping your players is another story, start banking as much xp as you can.
    – The Great Houmy
    If my financial situation was better, May be just May be lol
  • Roundthebases123Roundthebases123 Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    @Bizymoney12 I almost bought that one too!!
  • alphaphaalphapha Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    started new team,really for the fact,havent played daily since when david ortiz  on the cover,but didnt know bout switching devices..but ready to play
    New career high tonight fellas 
    Nice job @Bizymoney12. I had my highest score tonight as well. We finished 3 spots behind you guys. Mine would be 91BRAVES91