Options

Leveling up Tiers - Worth it?

10OCLOCKTHUNDER10OCLOCKTHUNDER Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
It is pretty clear so far in TSB18 that leveling a team past Bronze tier is since since Glu changed the setting where all players start at Bronze 1 regardless of team tier. By doing this Glu is actually PENALIZING users who have spend time, effort, and money to level up their teams for three basic reasons:
a) the system seems to match teams within tiers for sprint and bonus events, so users level players to Bronze 10 (one of the amazingly somewhat affordable things to do in TSB18), those teams with higher star rated players will still be dominant.
b) when new bonus events are announced, Bronze tier teams avoid the TAX (which is precisely what it is) that Silver, Gold, etc. teams have to pay in XP, cash, and gold to level new players (even those they spend gold to acquire in special boxes/picks!!) to current team tier just so they can to keep up with the match-ups
c) the rewards received for leveling a team up don't come close to compensating for the TAX of leveling players

Any thoughts on this? To me, changing this rule from TSB17 this is a transparent money grab by Glu, and doesn't encourage users to advance their teams since the only benefits are making it a little easier to get through Tower or WoH events (but ONLY IF they level up their players!!) . I leveled to Silver and am quickly regretting I did so.
@Glu Development Team - not sure what else to tell you besides change this rule soon and consider compensating users that made the effort to play the game as you intended by advancing their teams.

Comments

• Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    I see your point. I actually like the new change. Slows down the rich getting richer so fast. There will always be those that spend way too much money and end up way ahead anyway
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts

I see your point. I actually like the new change. Slows down the rich getting richer so fast. There will always be those that spend way too much money and end up way ahead anyway

Your right @sneezytaco I see guys in Platinum already and my team strength is way higher then theres. Some people are leveling up too fast and will see the effects of it. I even think gold is to high for the time being. Unless you have endless amount of XP to use it's worth staying in silver.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    I am not trying to play catch up for 3 months because I leveled up too fast. I rather make sure that i cap upgrades and most of my players if not all before moving on. I cant stand not being competitive
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Well said @sneezytaco , stay in silver and just keep killing it. I do well in gold cause I will be honest and most of my team is 5s and 4.5s... But XP is just so hard to get in bulk I am lucky to upgrade 1-2 players a level each day. For me, 2200-3000xp a level in gold per player after lv 4. So its alot... I would stay in silver, build your self an all-star team and just keep banking XP.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy