Options

Clubs that don’t donate

frufffruff Registered Users 19 Posts
i am new to the game and a lot of people want to join a club that doesn’t donate. What’s the benefit of not donating? 

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    If you join a bronze club you end up facing easier competition in the events so if you do not donate gloves the club does not level up and thus you place better in the events.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    elksteakselksteaks Registered Users 27 Posts
    I think more and more clubs are doing it this year since all draft picks start at bronze. In last years version your draft picks for rewards were based on your club level, so you could get diamond players if your club was diamond level. Saved you time and resources in leveling them up.
  • Options
    JFalls0705JFalls0705 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    Yeah, over the weekend me and my bro was in a club that was gold level. Club scored 900k in points and finished like 120 or something. created our own bronze club with the intention of not leveling up and yesterday scored 250k and finished 18th.
  • Options
    @JFalls0705 The club level would not have affected yesterday's Walkoff hero game and it will not affect the Wednesday Slugfest event. It only comes into play on Tuesday, Thursday and weekend events where your team is matched up against other actual teams. For Slugfest and Walkoff hero the difficulty is actually based on your individual team tier (not the club) and you will face tougher pitchers and sluggers the higher tier you have.

• Options
    luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    It seems like it makes sense to keep your club at bronze. Are there advantages to moving the club up?
  • Options
    I would keep the club at bronze and start leveling up Friday afternoons after the event starts and try to reach Silver by Sunday. You get rewards for each level up but just make sure you level up one level at a time so you get all the rewards. Then I would make a new club on Monday and start over.

• Options
    Houmy said:

@JFalls0705 The club level would not have affected yesterday's Walkoff hero game and it will not affect the Wednesday Slugfest event. It only comes into play on Tuesday, Thursday and weekend events where your team is matched up against other actual teams. For Slugfest and Walkoff hero the difficulty is actually based on your individual team tier (not the club) and you will face tougher pitchers and sluggers the higher tier you have.

didn't mean it in the sense where you are matched up against other teams. I meant as far as ranking goes for club events. Such as walk off and slugfest or even today's sprint event. I have access to two different clubs. and one club is on gold and one is bronze. the #1 club in gold and the #1 club in bronze are totally different and bronze club is much easier to place higher in.
  • Options
    @JFalls0705 Club ranking is based purely on individual contribution. For today's event for example clubs that rank higher simply have more of the bonus hitters or pitchers so when they win they get more points. When it comes to Walkoff and Slugfest the club level/strength does not matter as you only face pitchers (in walkoff) or Sluggers (in slugfest) based on your own team's level. So if you are bronze you would face weaker pitchers and opposing sluggers versus a club member of yours that is Silver or higher.

• Options
    Houmy said:

@JFalls0705 Club ranking is based purely on individual contribution. For today's event for example clubs that rank higher simply have more of the bonus hitters or pitchers so when they win they get more points. When it comes to Walkoff and Slugfest the club level/strength does not matter as you only face pitchers (in walkoff) or Sluggers (in slugfest) based on your own team's level. So if you are bronze you would face weaker pitchers and opposing sluggers versus a club member of yours that is Silver or higher.

i understand that. Lol. But how are there two different #1 overall clubs? If bronze/silver/gold clubs don't matter... i have two accounts. one is gold club and one is bronze club. The bronze club is ranked #401 with only 9000 points in the event. The gold club is ranked #410 with 13000 points. Based off what you're saying, club level is irrelevant. If that was the case, the bronze club should be ranked BEHIND the gold club based on points contributed.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    There are different brackets, it vary s. There could be 20 different brackets for all we know
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

There are different brackets, it vary s. There could be 20 different brackets for all we know

right... that's my point. the lower the club, the easier the bracket would make the most sense.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats not always the case tho. Makes sense but I dont know how they set the criteria for brackets and rankings.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Thats not always the case tho. Makes sense but I dont know how they set the criteria for brackets and rankings.
    I believe the difficulty of your club is based partly on club history as well. Your club does good, the competition gets harder. Last year is was partly how good the club was doing and partly the level of your club. I had 10 teams last year. I would keep a team in a club by itself and hold it for our club. It would tank because I only won 1 time each day for the bonus games. The club history then sucked and the competition got way easier. I noticed towards the end, after being in a diamond club forever, that I went to a club that was gold and saw clubs I hadn’t seen in months. So last year it was a combination of both. I haven’t experimented with the club levels yet this year as my club has stayed competing in bronze
  • Options
    goatbuster108goatbuster108 Registered Users, Member 79 Posts
    I am apart of a club that levels up slowly.  We do not donate helmets unless the leader wants to level up.   Most of the reasons is so we all level up together and be more competitive as a team.
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    I think its a smart plan and idea to not level up immediately. However it does get to a point in which you are like okay its time to move on.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it