Options

Need help recovering account

ProvenzaProvenza Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
Does anybody have any information on how I can recover my account? I have been playing this game since the 2016 version and I connect my Facebook account to my team every year so I do not lose any progress. Recently, my game was lagging frequently and kept freezing on loading screens. I deleted the app, then downloaded it again on the same device. I tried to login to my account and it said that I could not link to Facebook. I have tried contacting Glu for the past few days and they have not responded on any of the platforms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    There was an answer I came across the other day on one of the other topics. I believe you had to uninstall Facebook app, delete tapsports, re-install Facebook re-install tapsports
  • Options
    Compliments of biggdbo

Had the same issue. Here's how I got it to work:

I had to uninstall again, install the Facebook app, login to my Facebook account on the app (using your browser doesn't work), reinstall TSB18, THEN use the Facebook link button in the settings menu of TSB18.

Hope that makes sense and helps. I missed 2 weekend events because of that, and got kicked from my club. They had no idea why I was gone, and I couldn't contact anyone. It was a hassle!
  • Options
    Let me know if it works!
  • Options

Compliments of biggdbo

Had the same issue. Here's how I got it to work:

I had to uninstall again, install the Facebook app, login to my Facebook account on the app (using your browser doesn't work), reinstall TSB18, THEN use the Facebook link button in the settings menu of TSB18.

Hope that makes sense and helps. I missed 2 weekend events because of that, and got kicked from my club. They had no idea why I was gone, and I couldn't contact anyone. It was a hassle!

Unfortunately, this didn't work. Glu finally contacted me after 4 days to tell me that I will not be able to access my account. They said that I can only have one account per device. Weird thing is, this is my one account and I have played on this phone and account only.
  • Options
    paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    edited April 2018
    I'm feeling your pain and I hope this never happens to my team.  I plan to be super careful to research an issue before I try to fix anything with the game myself.  I know this provides you no solace.  

By any chance, was there a backup of your phone contents to a storage before you lost the team?  

• Options
    paidoff said:

I'm feeling your pain and I hope this never happens to my team.  I plan to be super careful to research an issue before I try to fix anything with the game myself.  I know this provides you no solace.  

By any chance, was there a backup of your phone contents to a storage before you lost the team?  

All I know is that my team was linked to Facebook. I think all of that stuff is stored server side because I had previously been able to delete the app, download again, and sign in through Facebook to receive my team. I put a small amount of money into this team so I will be frustrated if I do not get it back.
  • Options
    Kingbean513Kingbean513 Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Provenza said:
    Does anybody have any information on how I can recover my account? I have been playing this game since the 2016 version and I connect my Facebook account to my team every year so I do not lose any progress. Recently, my game was lagging frequently and kept freezing on loading screens. I deleted the app, then downloaded it again on the same device. I tried to login to my account and it said that I could not link to Facebook. I have tried contacting Glu for the past few days and they have not responded on any of the platforms. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Options

This happened to me as well sucks man
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I made a switch a few weeks ago and contact them before doing so. They unlocked my login stuff so when I restore via my email backup it went smoothly and no issues. I have heard stories such as yous and it does suck. I really feel for you.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    It’s crazy I can’t believe they can’t help us, I also bought the stadium investment. Now I’m not sure if I want to start over from scratch.
  • Options
    HELLOTHEREFRIENDHELLOTHEREFRIEND Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Same exact thing happened to me. I’ve tried everything you can think of. Ive lost hope at this point. Please let me know if anything happens for you.
  • Options
    TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

I made a switch a few weeks ago and contact them before doing so. They unlocked my login stuff so when I restore via my email backup it went smoothly and no issues. I have heard stories such as yous and it does suck. I really feel for you.

Whats the best way to contact them? i may be getting a new phone later this summer.
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    Club leader is dealing with this now. Been 3 days of waiting.
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    emaw1407emaw1407 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    My V.I.P account has been locked out since Monday... phone updated and afterwards game was force closing 24/7 soi deleted the app reinstalled it then attempted to log on and now nothing and GLU hasn't  replied to my numerous emails and messages... i have over $600 invested in the squad and am now attempting to get a refund through google playstore... I'm pretty much done with this half assed customer service GLU provides.
  • Options
    sneezytacosneezytaco Registered Users, Member 217 Posts
    @emaw1407 my club leader had something similar with this. He changed his facebook password and reinstalled the app and it worked for him somehow. I am NOT saying this is the fix. Im simply telling you what he did and was able to accomplish. Hope this helps if not. I wish you the best
    When you get to a fork in the road, take it  
  • Options
    TheDominatorTheDominator Registered Users, Member 28 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

Whats the best way to contact them? i may be getting a new phone later this summer.
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    Pray for a miracle