Options

Here's what happened with achievements.

[Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
edited June 2018 in Tap Sports Bulletin Board
We've temporarily removed gold rewards from achievements and replaced them with cash.

Why? Exploitation. Cheaters have been finding ways to exploit that part of the game for over a year, so we're fixing it.

Once we've made that part of the game more secure, we'll definitely put the gold rewards back. I totally understand that gold is extremely hard to come by and that's one of the few ways to more easily obtain it, so we're working as fast as we can to come up with a solution.

That said, obviously a very small percentage of you will find the replacement negligible. My advice would be to just not collect until it's fixed. When it's fixed, I'll make the announcement, but that's all I've gotta say about that.

Yes, it sucks, but these are the kinds of things we have to deal with when it comes to this sort of thing.

Comments

• Options
    paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    The Achievements are extremely important, but since they are NOT TEAM awards for INSANE, this will not be as much of a disruption as it appears.  A smart play is to keep certain individual players playing until those awards are achieved, but now it is a better idea to sit these players for the time being, until the gold awards are reactivated.  The INSANE achievements are the area where the rewards become invaluable.  And getting the insane achievement level is time consuming.  

It's clear to me Glu is very anti-cheating and intent upon ruining a cheater's chances to affect the playing experience of the non-cheater.  This time in our community we spend talking about this subject serves as an emphasis to the stated objective, to stop the cheating.  Now is as good a time as any to make the honest players feel more appreciated too.  

I have to say that cheaters should NOT receive any gifts given by GLU, ever.  Honest players should get more gifts.  Short of this, I haven't got any idea what options exist, or I'm not comfortable posting about it.  

Currently, the Achievements for Insane have been altered for their rewards.  The Glu cash value is >1,000.  Have a look.  

Appreciate your communication Blueleopard.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @blueleopard Achievements look like they changed to 100k cash, but still no gold. Is this the fix or should we still wait... I have 3 achievements waiting at 300 gold a piece and would rather that then the cash. I am still not touching those collection until I hear the issue is fixed back to normal. Thanks.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    I am all for weeding out the cheaters. Just wish there was a way to limit the innocent players who get jailed or affected by the methods used to catch cheaters. 
  • Options
    Yetifrost said:
    I am all for weeding out the cheaters. Just wish there was a way to limit the innocent players who get jailed or affected by the methods used to catch cheaters. 
    I think Glu would too if it could take care of the issues smoothly.  Then there would not be a disruption of any type.  Maybe Glu should have a "death penalty" where the guilty account is imploded.  Wouldn't it be terrific to take the top spot in the day's event because a team's point total was evacuated after the team was imploded during the event, because of cheating?  I will live with a disruption of this variety.  

• Options
    jjblazejjblaze Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Today was my first time hearing there was an issue. 2018 is my first time playing enough to get to higher level achievements. I know it'd be tough, but any chance of some kind of reimbursement if we already collected incorrect achievement rewards out of ignorance?
  • Options
    @blueleopard Any timeline on the achievements going back to normal. I just unlocked a tier 3 reward before collecting tier 1 and 2 due to the fix. But it doesn't show because I did not collect the first two. I worry because I have had 5 achievements done and now 6 with that red marker always blinking telling me to collect. Can we get an eta on the fix? Thanks.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    paidoff said:
    Yetifrost said:
    I think Glu would too if it could take care of the issues smoothly.  Then there would not be a disruption of any type.  Maybe Glu should have a "death penalty" where the guilty account is imploded.  Wouldn't it be terrific to take the top spot in the day's event because a team's point total was evacuated after the team was imploded during the event, because of cheating?  I will live with a disruption of this variety.  

How about If we could talk to Glu Customer Care and find out about suspected cheaters, or better yet suspected cheaters could not join Clubs, would we all be better for it?  It's obvious the cheating is disruptive to all TSB players now.  

In TSB 2017 there were a lot of innocent players jailed, according to a number of people familiar.  And I don't think any of us would want that to be the case in 2018.  Glu has changed some key things about the game to prevent cheating and improper jailing.  Let's give Glu a little credit for wanting to avoid another situation like 2017.  I've read about one incident that didn't seem right where a team was jailed, and it's on this community forum.   But Glu has been very good so far compared to 2017 as far as jailing teams is concerned.  Let's hope it continues so we can take the next step.  

About the "next" step- Glu has not revealed all of their cards yet.  
  • Options
    lugoexpresslugoexpress Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    I know gold is what everyone wants, I collected as I need the cash for upgrading players. 100k goes a good way toward lvl up player for me. Thanks
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    UPDATE:
    Gold in Achievements Rewards is back, and we're working on sending a Global Gift in a little bit. Thank you for your patience, and once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
  • Options
    Thats @blueleopard . They were starting to stack up. What about the ones we already collected by mistake? anything we can do about those?
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    Thanks for fixing the achievements and the gift was sweet ! 
  • Options
    bocoprobocopro Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Thanks! Just got 500 golden bars.
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Thanks for the 500 gold @blueleopard . I guess you had your way and got everyone the global gift.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dadneverwinsdadneverwins Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Why doesn't GLU open a page where we can report suspected cheaters?  I think everyone knows which clubs are cheating...
  • Options
    dots1031dots1031 Registered Users, Member 89 Posts
    Why doesn't GLU open a page where we can report suspected cheaters?  I think everyone knows which clubs are cheating...
    That would be a never ending witch hunt. You want customer service to spend time chasing down every lead? They already take enough time to get back to you for actual issues, maybe not the best idea to have them chasing down all the false cheater leads. 
  • Options
    badlarrysbadlarrys Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    Cheaters always gonna find a way......Madden is still flooded with madden cash from overseas.