Monday slugfest glitch

paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
The Slugfest reset like as if I had recycled when I did not recycle.  I did the event up to Tier 4 through Level 7 in Tier 5 when this happened.  I did not receive Donaldson, but my scoring did begin all over as if I cycled.  Is this an exploit?  

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Something fishy is definitely going on with the Slugfest today. Some players had close to 900K points about 30 minutes into the game in the VIP gauntlet. Now if they already had Donaldson and used gold to play him every round it may be possible but if you already know you're going to do that good why waste the gold?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yea something is definitely going on. I saw some guys have over 2m in the first 30in as well. Doesn't make sense even with Donaldson like @houmy said. I heard from other players in different brackets tell me the same thing. Even the guys in my club who cycle this event are surprised how others are doing it. And some of them specialize in this event and normally cycle 6-7 times no problem.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    edited May 2018
  • paidoffpaidoff Registered Users, Member 106 Posts
    We all know you're a VIP Houmy.  Ladi Daw... And we're all jealous.  

Now, my question is a matter of Glu internal courses of action.  I know we won't get very far into definitions.  But I need to know Glu encourages players to adopt self-aware behaviors when it comes to these exploits.  It matters.  Sure, we can all sit back, play another round and assume because jailings are down we'll be fine.  But I hear "exploits" and it sounds a lot like 2017.  If bugs are cause to the exploits, then Glu will hear this again.  And it's my device this time so I feel the requirement to speak up.  

Can an we have a simple answer to the question?  

Seriously, we are in awe of Houmy, aren't we?
    edited May 2018
    edited May 2018

edited May 2018

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    The only way I can see some of those people getting that far that fast is if they already had Donaldson and even then I don't see why anyone would drop that much gold in that time frame when the Gauntlet is a 4 day event and they'll need the gold in the next 3 days. I've actually seen a video online, which I promptly reported to GLU, where someone had hacked slugfest where the batter was always boosted and one hit would finish the round.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

edited May 2018
     o:)  o:)
    I don't think Glu is very comfortable with the "exploit" questions.