Options

Videos slow to load

OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
I have an Iphone 6 and it takes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds for a video to load. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Taps '17 videos were slow to load also, so that's why I didn't play much of all. Don't play '18 much either because of it.

Comments

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    That is the way it has been for 2018. I have an iPhone 7 and it’s the same way. I think that is intentional
  • Options
    If its intentional, than that's unfortunate for GLU and a horrible business practice. I watched a ton of videos on '16 to get gold for Fan Rewards (which made GLU money). Often, I would be 5 - 10K gold short during a Fan Rewards weekend which had a player I needed, so I would buy gold. Probably spent $500+ real money on Taps Sports Baseball '16.

I have spent $0 for '17 and $0 for '18 because there is no incentive. I can never watch enough videos to get me anywhere near the 20K gold needed for fan rewards, so I never pay much attention to fan rewards anymore.

I hope someone at GLU reads this and changes this horrible business practice. It is costing them ad revenue and turning off fans who have played throughout the years.
  • Options
    Do you think they make more money from videos or from people buying gold?  You can still watch videos. You can make about 250 an hour from doing that. But they probably want the purchase of gold more than the watching if videos if you ask me
  • Options
    They definantly want people to buy gold. But if they think that by making it harder to watch videos will force people to buy more gold, they are mistaken. It just drives active players like me away. Of course there will always be the 20 something kids living in their moms basement who will buy their “gold”
  • Options
    I’m 34 with a full time job, wife, 2 kids, and a house of my own. I was like you in 2016. Videos were my source for gold. Last year I struggled with gold. This year I’ve bought about $400 worth of gold. So it isn’t just kids living in their mom’s basements. It might drive some people away that videos are slow, but it will drive others to buy gold. Think about it. Glu isn’t going to make a decision that makes them less money
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @bigpred your right. Take it from someone in my position who's videos never work. Put tickets in but said I am out of luck because its all based on the advertisers. Which is false because I know how these marketing stints work, I work on advertising and marketing lol. Once a certain amount of videos of have been reached they are unavailable to view. They have met the quota for that advertiser and that's its until it refreshes. So when I am told that about something from a rep that doesn't know anything about it I find it funny because I know more then they do on how it works. But it is what it is, if your videos don't work or are too slow then find other way to obtain it. Offers are good, or winning events. But sometimes you gotta spend a few bucks incase you need gold for an event. If you want to compete with some of the other clubs there is no other way around it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    If I am out of money to spend on this game, I take nights and watch the ads. I click to view ad, collect the 4 gold, view ad again, collect the gold. It is a lot quicker than continously watching as it freezes after a certain number of ads. Last night I did it for a couple of hours while watching Netflix and earned 600
    gold, which is not a lot, but a decent amount. I also save it for the main event, if I am out of cash to spend.