Videos slow to load

OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
I have an Iphone 6 and it takes anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds for a video to load. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Taps '17 videos were slow to load also, so that's why I didn't play much of all. Don't play '18 much either because of it.

Comments

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Sometimes it gets fixed for a while if you reset your advertising ID. Not sure if that is an option on ios though as I am on android myself. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    It is an option and I do that often. Doesn't help.
    If its intentional, than that's unfortunate for GLU and a horrible business practice. I watched a ton of videos on '16 to get gold for Fan Rewards (which made GLU money). Often, I would be 5 - 10K gold short during a Fan Rewards weekend which had a player I needed, so I would buy gold. Probably spent $500+ real money on Taps Sports Baseball '16.

I have spent $0 for '17 and $0 for '18 because there is no incentive. I can never watch enough videos to get me anywhere near the 20K gold needed for fan rewards, so I never pay much attention to fan rewards anymore.

I hope someone at GLU reads this and changes this horrible business practice. It is costing them ad revenue and turning off fans who have played throughout the years.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I don't think they are doing this on purpose though because as you said it is hurting their bottom line. They know there are some that won't spend much actual money so they can at least get some ad revenue out of them. It's this new version that has too many bugs IMO.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

‘17 had this “problem” too