Options

Team strength?

Ddubz41Ddubz41 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Im at silver 6 (skilled) and my overall team strength is at 34k, my upgrades are all level 23-35 including intangibles. Zunino doesnt even play so i dont count him because my legend is a catcher, but what i would like to know, is where should my team be before i try to make a run for gold? Im facing pretty stout teams but its because my club is gold level 1 currently. Here are ss of my team just to show where my players are at right this moment. 

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    ceejayandersonceejayanderson Registered Users 24 Posts

Here’s my silver V team. I play gold teams but its based on team strength and playoff tier position, not club strength. If it was, I’d be playing diamond teams all day and never winning. That being said, I can get through walk off and derby with no problem and can put 30-40 game streaks together on the weekend. 

All of my players are maxed silver 10 as well as sluggers. All of my upgrades are 40/40 including intangibles. 
  • Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    You are going to have a hard time going gold right now as your players are not maxed in silver yet. Walkoff and Slugfest are going to be extra hard so my suggestion would be to try and get as much XP as you can in silver before going gold. Keep in mind that if you go gold and your players are still silver or less than at least level 4 gold then you won't fair well IMO.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Yes. Gold would be rough for you for sure. I had all of my upgrades maxed, a team where all players were 4.5 stars or better fully maxed, and XP saved up for when I went to gold. My legend was also at silver 10. I was able to move all players to gold 1 and maxed out 4 players to gold 10 immediately. Worked out good for me everywhere but derby
  • Options

Yes. Gold would be rough for you for sure. I had all of my upgrades maxed, a team where all players were 4.5 stars or better fully maxed, and XP saved up for when I went to gold. My legend was also at silver 10. I was able to move all players to gold 1 and maxed out 4 players to gold 10 immediately. Worked out good for me everywhere but derby

@Bigpredfan How does WOH work out for you with just 4 maxed in gold? Or is this your first WOH in gold? If so let us know after today's event as I've been toying with the idea of going gold myself.

• Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @Houmy walk off hero has never been too kind to me in 2018. I’ll post my updated roster today and then tell you how I do. I’ve been able to upgrade some other hitters more. It will be my 2nd time at walk-off hero on gold and I’ll let you know how I do. Just keep in mind I haven’t beaten it in 2018 yet. 
  • Options
    Hey guys thanks for the help. I try to remain "f2p" as they call it. So getting the players I'd need has definitely been a grind. Luckily my club is a consistent top 30 club, and when I get stuck I'll literally watch videos for 3-4 hours and rack up 1k to 1,500 gold. 
  • Options
    scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I currently have my top 5 hitters above gold 7 (2 maxed). I've made progress in WOH hero but have yet to best all 5 levels.  Would really like to get over the hump and cycle the event . Recommendations appreciated
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @Houmy how have you been? Last I saw you were leaving your club? I’m still in silver myself. Saving up a ton of xp. How did you do in slugfest tonight?
  • Options
    Hey @Bizymoney12. Left the club as planned so they could fill the roster with someone wjo would be active. Finished 9th tonight cycling 3 times. Love the lone ranger brackets i get placed into. Same here on the xp. Got 200k regular and 127K prime saved up in silver. Plan is to stay silver and keep multi cycling woh & slugfest until they release prime and legend draft boxes. Entire team is almost 5 star so no need to go gold in hopes of getting better draft picks.

• Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    @Houmy 127k prime? Wow that’s nice. I have 40k but have prime cespedes maxed in silver. Also have used 5k prime for my own legend for his skill level. Regular xp I have 176k
  • Options
    Mob5quadMob5quad Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    I would definitely cap out all your players to silver 10. Make sure team is basically 4.5 or better. And make sure sure all upgrades/intangibles are capped before moving up to gold. That’s my opinion. I’m currently working on getting to gold as well. 
  • Options
    @Bizymoney12 yeah GLU gifting 50K prime xp this month and cycling slugfest has allowed me to save up. Also not having any primes to spend it on helps ;)

• Options
    @Mob5quad entire teams been capped for some time. Just gathering more xp as I wanna be capped once I hit gold.