Options

Need advice on who to Start/Bench and drop

MB923MB923 Registered Users 7 Posts
Hey guys, I'm copying (most) of my post that I made on Reddit in the Tap Sports Baseball 2018 subreddit.

Currently in a 1B/OF logjam. My Legendary player is a 2B (or DH, and I should have made him a Catcher. Didn't think of it at the time).

Currently I’m on the Silver level and most of my guys are at level 10. But I’m in a spot where I need to drop a player. It’s a 1B and OF problem

Here’s my list. Numbers will be Hit, Power, Speed

OF
Ian Happ - 103/134/109 (4.5 Stars)
Kevin Kiermaier - 116/105/130 (4.5)
Cespedes - 124/124/24 (4)
Brett Gardner - 108/101/118 (4)
David Peralta - 126/87/93 (4)
Adam Duvall (Level 6 Silver) - 90/113/81 (4)
Andrew Benintendi - 113/100/114 (4)

All but Duvall are at 10

1B
Will Myers - 95/127/133 (4.5)
Adam Lind (Inactive on Bronze) - 78/67/27 (4)

Obviously 3 of the OF I need as Starters. I could also theoretically put my legend at 2B, but My 2B is Jose Pirela 122/93/95

As far as 1B goes , it may seem like Will Myers is a no brainer but it isn’t. A 95 Hit level at Silver 10 is pretty low. I don’t know how high Lind can go but if he’s at 78 Bronze 1, he’s easily get in the 110-120 range. It seems to me in this game power isn't all that relevant if you have a high Hit number

I do not have enough room on my roster for all of them. 3 will be on the bench (4 if DH is excluded) and one has to be inactive.

Just wondering if anyone knowledgeable can help and decide who to put in the OF and who to bench

I’m leaning towards dropping Adam Duvall and possibly even Wil Myers even though he’s 4.5 Stars. The game usually drops David Peralta but he has an OPS over 1.000 for me and that’s because his hitting level is 126. I just got Myers recently and he only has a .700 OPS. Duvall has been terrible but it might be because I don’t have him at 10 yet. I only used him for a period because there was an event for players on the Reds.

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    It's a tough call but one person I would definitely keep is Cespedes. His speed is low but hit & power are great and when I had him on my regular roster he was performing great for me. Lind will obviously have better hit ranking if he is already 78 at Bronze 1 but his power & speed will not be anywhere near Myers so that's a toss up and also there is no guarantee either one will perform better than the other when maxed.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    Houmy said:

It's a tough call but one person I would definitely keep is Cespedes. His speed is low but hit & power are great and when I had him on my regular roster he was performing great for me. Lind will obviously have better hit ranking if he is already 78 at Bronze 1 but his power & speed will not be anywhere near Myers so that's a toss up and also there is no guarantee either one will perform better than the other when maxed.

As of now I have Cespedes, Happ and Kiermaier. Surely Lind won't have the power but it won't mean he won't have a higher OPS. I don't care much about Lind's speed, because as you can see some of the other guys are 100+ speed. Also didnt' include my Catcher (Realmuto 95 speed), 3B (Jose Ramirez 116 speed and by far away my best player), and Tim Anderson (116 speed). Speed isn't the issue for me at all.

Here's each players OPS so far
    Cespedes - .897 (used to be in the low 800's but that was before I got him to a level 10)
    Gardner - .922 (had him since Day 1 I think)
    Peralta - 1.009
    Happ - .959
    Kiermaier - 1.029
    Benintendi - .967
    Duvall - .599

Myers - .696
    Lind - Haven't played yet with. Currently on Inactive but Locked so I won't lose him.

Pireala - .993
    My legend - 1.133

Obviously those OPS numbers vary. The most recent players off the top of my head that I unlocked were Lind (last night), Myers, Benintendi and Kiermaier (all within the last 1-2 weeks or so). Everyone else was awhile back.
  • Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    One thing to consider is batting side . If any of the guys are switch hitters then it’s a no brainer . I made my legend a switch hitting catcher since I noticed C was a weak spot from the picks Glu was showing us before launching the app. I play lefty righty rule on walkoff so left handed hitters are a must , 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Good tip, I have to switch hitters I use for walk-off. Lindor and Hicks. only 4.5s but they are good in the early rounds. Even in level 5. Lefties are a must have if you want to have a shot at walk-off.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    elksteakselksteaks Registered Users 27 Posts
    I had Wil Myers for awhile when the game first came out. I was excited since he was a 4.5 star, but his batting average was terrible, even when I had him leveled up. Check the players stats, if I remember correctly his average was around .225, which was one of the worst on my team. Once I got the opportunity I traded him in and leveled up Rizzo that I got through the tournament rewards.
  • Options
    TOUGHNUTZTOUGHNUTZ Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK , ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CHECK YOUR STATS PAGE TO SEE WHOS BETTER
    TOUGHNUTS ( NO HALF SENDERS and TSB GRINDERS ) FORMALLY BIGGYBANANAS ( TSB 17 )
  • Options
    scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    May be worth just keeping all of them and cycling guys through based on bonus players for events . Unless you really need exp or get a new 5 star player just hold on to them for awhile .  
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    TOUGHNUTZ said:
    DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK , ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS CHECK YOUR STATS PAGE TO SEE WHOS BETTER
    Or you could post something helpful
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan good idea. This is for helping people out who have questions. No need to be rude or arrogant about it. Probably a new player who hasnt played as long as the rest of us and looking for some input.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

@Bigpredfan good idea. This is for helping people out who have questions. No need to be rude or arrogant about it. Probably a new player who hasnt played as long as the rest of us and looking for some input.

Thanks all. Not new to the game, but my team has suddenly been losing a lot lately no matter who I start/bench. Used to have good 20 game winning streaks. Now I'm likely to win 2 in a row. I'm only Silver Level 3 and I have a team strength of over 40,000. Likely because all of my players are nearly all Level 10 Silver and are 4 star or better (Except 1 who's 3.5 stars but is level 10)
  • Options
    Make sure you keep an eye on the amount of games played and wins. Once you hit a certain amount (cant remember what it is for silver) you will start to bottom out as they say. But since you dont have many 5 stars on your squad that could also be a factor. Just stay patient and they will come your way. Good thing is in silver it doesnt take much to cap your guys once you get them. Keep saving up XP and once you get better players start capping them off. Just because they are capped does not mean they are good. Players ratings vary from high quality to low. I have some 4.5s that are almost as good as some 5s players that I have.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Make sure you keep an eye on the amount of games played and wins. Once you hit a certain amount (cant remember what it is for silver) you will start to bottom out as they say. But since you dont have many 5 stars on your squad that could also be a factor. Just stay patient and they will come your way. Good thing is in silver it doesnt take much to cap your guys once you get them. Keep saving up XP and once you get better players start capping them off. Just because they are capped does not mean they are good. Players ratings vary from high quality to low. I have some 4.5s that are almost as good as some 5s players that I have.
    This is why I went gold when I did. After a while, you will need to move up to continue winning. While you are a silver team, you will begin to face gold teams if you stay silver for too long
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:

Thanks for the tip. Current record is 1400-371. It was probably around the 1300-1350 win mark.