Options

GLU Cheats

dkruby78dkruby78 Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
This walk off here is nonsense. Why after 5 attempts can my 138 rated batter not beat a 72 rated pitcher? Only reason GLU Cheats. Their customer service sucks. Here's a novel idea, you want people to spend money, stop trying to cheat them out of it. My club used to spend tons in 17 but with the cheater by the devs, nobody is spending anything.
QUIT CHEATING GLU AND PLAY FAIR

Comments

• Options
    HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Actually this is hard by design and it really should be otherwise everyone would cycle and there would be no point to the event. It happens in regular match me games as well. I remember some players starting a match with me in the 17 version and my team strength would be about 40K higher than them and I still couldn't hit that many runs off of them. 
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    @houmy your right buddy. And thx for the tip on restarting the app. I finally managed to make it to lv 5. Pablo threw me nothing but curve balls but on the 13th try I got all fast balls and beat him. Now I will try for Pollock. The double balls seem to come back after awhile. Its only a temp fix. But good to know. On Thursday I couldn't complete it because I kept trying to hit the double balls for 3 hours. Thx again!

It is definitely beatable, 6 guys in my club have already beat it today. Takes some good players and a bit of luck, also doesn't hurt if you have a POM boost or Prime. But not me, but my top 3 hitters care capped in gold level.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’m right there with you @dkarski87  I’m really working on maxing my hitters today. I went to gold just last week and am frantically working on leveling up the players right now. Hitters through today then pitchers are next. I have a player of the month and player of the week maxed. I’m about to see how far I can go. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    My top 3 are POW gigi, Statnton and Vanilla... last 2 are both 318max and gigi 298. Im getting close, but Sale in r9 is tuff.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Here is where I stand. My “legend” (if you can call him that at a 330 max) is a switch-hitting catcher. Working hard today to level them up
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan if you can get Dickerson to level 5 then you should have a good shot at cycling walkoff. Impressive lineup man.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I guess everybody and their grandmother already had Pollock in my bracket today so by the time I got him and cycled twice I could only finish in 27th but got to tier 6 at least. Gotta tell you though I am digging the whole one man club thing with the brackets you get assigned to. Finished 3rd for the weekend game by only having 1.7mil points.

• Options
    YetifrostYetifrost Registered Users, Member 116 Posts
    If your having trouble with auto wins make sure your lefty hitter faces a right handed pitcher and right handed batter faces a lefty. Since I started doing that I am 2 for 2 getting all tiers with minimal gold spent under 100 gold . Hope that helps 
  • Options
    dadneverwinsdadneverwins Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Also, dont base your lineup in walk off on the overall ratings.  Make your own lineup/order based on the hit rating of each player.  Then match LvR or RvL.  
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    How do you like being in a one man club during the week? Do you usually get top 10 and what tier do you usually reach? I have thought about doing the same thing, but wasn’t sure if it was worth it.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Mondays and Wednesdays I do finish top 10 and tier 6. Other events not so good though. I'll let you know how it goes today although I am not too excited about Harper. Have the 5 star Harper already and don't know if I want to waste XP upgrading the new one.

• Options
    26th with one cycle but green vip is already over 10mil in points so I'm not even gonna bother and quit once I hit tier 6. May retire AL ROY though and have both Harpers in the lineup as the new one has a much higher total than others. Here he is at level 5 silver.

• Options
    @rmouse511 currently in 6th so top 10 is definitely doable all by yourself but I think I'm gonna call it quits here and not worry about tier 6 or top 10 as the double ball bug is back along with a new bug where the players have black uniforms now from time to time after a hit. It's juat too frustrating and a complete waste of time now. GLU might want to try and fix the bugs first before trying to get us to pay $40 for Kris Bryant with these annoying popups every 3 minutea.

• Options
    It took me 8 tries on prime Janson, but I finally beat this thing. Here is the lineup as it stands so you can see what I used. Used a 20% boost for Janson each time 
  • Options
    I don’t understand how you are a one man club and you are in a bracket with Green Room VIP. My only concern with being in a club by myself is not getting to the top tier for each event.
  • Options
    @Bigpredfan congrats on your first cycle. Feels good getting that last hit doesn't it?

• Options
    @rmouse511 that's what I was wondering as well. Perhaps I've been in the same club for too long? Switching clubs tomorrow to see if changes. 

• Options
    And speaking of walkoff something shady is going on in 17. The are no more bonus point players for the events but some clubs are still scoring more points than clubs in 18 do with bonus batters like the ones below

• Options
    scndrkscndrk Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    It took me 8 tries on prime Janson, but I finally beat this thing. Here is the lineup as it stands so you can see what I used. Used a 20% boost for Janson each time 
    Made it within 3 batters of the end this week . Was able to pull Harper from the memorial box after 6 tries so ended up putting up good points.  

• Options
    Houmy said:
    @Bigpredfan congrats on your first cycle. Feels good getting that last hit doesn't it?
    It felt great. First cycle at gold for either tower event. 
  • Options
    Keep us posted on how starting a new club affects your bracket.
  • Options
    Houmy said:
    @rmouse511 that's what I was wondering as well. Perhaps I've been in the same club for too long? Switching clubs tomorrow to see if changes. 
    When you finish high in the weekend prime event you are put in with the heavy hitters . When you finish out of top ten then your grouped diffrent . Or so it seems to go that way. 
  • Options
    I went against Jansen 10 times and came up short . I seemed to run into all the Glu cheat senerios . Such as triple plays . Hit to pitcher and guy on third tries to score . 3 line outs . 3 pop outs . First time not cycling all month .. oh well next week !! Lol 
  • Options
    rmouse511 said:

@rmouse511 Haven't had time to play any events yet with new club but I'll let you know what the top teams do in my bracket today. I just hope I am not in the same bracket as those pesky Legend guys @Bigpredfan & @dkarski87 B)

• Options
    Houmy said:
    @rmouse511 Haven't had time to play any events yet with new club but I'll let you know what the top teams do in my bracket today. I just hope I am not in the same bracket as those pesky Legend guys @Bigpredfan & @dkarski87 B)
    If you are with us today, you are screwed big time

• Options
    You got both green & anarchy in your bracket? Now that's just overkill.

• Options
    We were with Skykings and the hated 20 yesterday too
  • Options
    Yankees917182Yankees917182 Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Houmy said:
    If you are with us today, you are screwed big time

Yeah my club is in the same bracket. Not looking good....
    Yankees917182/Diamond1/86k Strength
    "Leadership is more about what you do, not what you say." - Derek Jeter