Options

Whats the point of being a VIP?

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
Well folks, for all those gunning for VIP I wouldn't jump for joy when you get it. I did not receive my monthly gift yesterday as did all the other VIPs, I have contacted the "VIP hotline" and have not gotten a response in over 2 days. Doesn't seem right that all the other VIPs got their monthly gifts while myself, and actually a few other VIPs have not. No response, nothing. Chances are I will hear back eventually, probably after the event is over which means that the gift they send out wont help me contribute to my club this weekend, as it has for other VIPs that got their gifts. As other have mentioned in previous posts, this game is becoming very expensive to stay competitive and contribute to your club on a regular basis. (The competitive clubs). It has come down to who scores the best bonus players for this event. We have lost key members of our club because of this, some VIPs that said that the game is too expensive to play and have left the game. Sorry to say but I think more and more people will be leaning towards this approach.
"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy

Comments

• Options
    SakaV2SakaV2 Registered Users, Member 124 Posts
    I still think people should still strive to be VIP.  I mean sure the game is becoming incredibly competitive but think about all the events you were able to have a leg up with your rewards that the average player doesn't have.  If anything I'd say the average player doesn't have a chance until they strike luck with boxes or reach VIP.  You just had a bad experience out of how many good weeks?  Hang in there!

• Options
    I wouldn't know about getting VIP rewards because I have yet to get any. So doesn't help me one bit. I got status a few weeks ago.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    IIIDONOVANIIIIIIDONOVANIII Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    Keep your head up, dkarski. I'm sure Glu or one of the developers will be in contact with you in the near future to rectify the error in not receiving your rewards. I wouldn't know much about the content or benefits of VIP as I am not one this year (I was in previous years) but I'm sure that you will soon reap the benefits. Best of luck, friend.
    Playing since Tap Sports Baseball '15
    Connect with me on TSP! Always love meeting new people!
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Keep your head up, dkarski. I'm sure Glu or one of the developers will be in contact with you in the near future to rectify the error in not receiving your rewards. I wouldn't know much about the content or benefits of VIP as I am not one this year (I was in previous years) but I'm sure that you will soon reap the benefits. Best of luck, friend.
    I disagree. Time to bury your head in the sand. Glu won’t ever respond to you 
  • Options
    ItsDaDogInMeItsDaDogInMe Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    @dkarski87 Keep us informed on how your situation turns out.
  • Options
    Will do, still no reply in 3 days.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    edited June 2018
    I had a notification on my phone that stated I had a special gift available just for me. I clicked on it right when it appears and when the game opened the gift wasn’t available. I have been trying to get VIP status and I hope that wasn’t the gift. Did anybody else get that notification when they became a VIP? 

I am not talking about the daily gifts they give out to all players. This notification was different than when those gifts are available.
  • Options
    No that's it not it. When you achieve VIP status you be contacted by GLU. I also got a notification for a special gift but it was only the global gift that everyone got.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    rmouse511rmouse511 Registered Users, Member 185 Posts
    Did they contact you by email?
  • Options
    Email, forums or in-game app. Depends on what you use more frequently. Today is day 4 and still no reply from customer care. My first message to them after they asked for my contact information for the VIP newsletter took less then 10 hrs. It is now day 4... not sure why there is such a long delay.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Bizymoney12Bizymoney12 Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Hoping you get it @dkarski87
  • Options
    Keep you guys posted... but safe to say I am not happy when all of the VIPs in my club all got their stuff while I got nothing, and now that the event is almost over it does little good getting a bonus player on the last day.
    – The Great Houmy